Downside to buying the latest & greatest muscle car

Mike T

Not in the market to buy one but I'm always looking at the newest high powered muscle cars ...Corvette's, Camaro's, Mustang's, Challenger's ext.

Seems as if they are making styling changes and raising the HP at such a rapid pace that by the time you finally get your dream car something better is already out? This would be fine for the guy who has deep pockets that gets "whatever is new" every year.

When the latest Stingray came out I was in awe at the new look but here we are just a few years later and there are several unique versions of the Corvette that one upped the prior version. Can't imagine how it would feel for the average guy who saved,waited and bought the the top of the line Corvette only to find that there may be a mid engine version coming soon.

Interesting changes already for the Challenger in this link as well.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...de-body/ar-AAmgudR?li=BBisPVf&ocid=spartandhp

Last edited:
I think Mopar (clearing throat) is kicking everyone's ass right now!

Now back to more upgrades for the Buford just to try and keep up. :eek:

I think Mopar (clearing throat) is kicking everyone's ass right now!

Now back to more upgrades for the Buford just to try and keep up. :eek:
Why isn't the challenger the slowest of the new muscle cars if it's not a hell cat?

I personally hate how huge the challenger is and will never buy one. I hope when they come out with a new one the shrink it down.

I was just thinking about this very same thing the other day after reading about the new Dodge Demon. I can't help but think about the guys that thought they were getting the baddest car from Dodge with their Hellcat. I imagine once the Demons become available all the deep pocket guys will throw Hellcats to the side and get the demons. The market will be flooded with hellcats and the Hellcat value will decrease.
I want a new truck and can't bite on anything. Everything changes so fast by the time I figure out what I want it something comes out and I second guess....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really do feel bad for so many. To bad they can't be comfortable with what currently makes them happy forever. It's kind of like they are the yuppies and hipsters of the car world.

Fortunately for me, I haven't seen a single car made over the last 30 years that even remotely sparks a single curious nerve in my body. And I'm certain that it wont happen in the next 30 years as well. The longer I own my Buick the more I hate everything else. I never was a car guy before I bought my Buick. I always thought of cars as nothing more than just tools that were used to get from point A to B. I buy them used and when they are used up completely, and become inconvenient, I just through them away. Never sold a car in my life. Just murder them.

But something happened to me when the Turbo Buick was designed. I felt as if someone accidentally created this car just for me! And it has very little to do with horsepower. It has more to do with the entire aura of it's existence. I can go on about how warm and fuzzy these cars make me feel. But I know, many of you who feel the same way I do, will be bored to death.

So, no auto manufacturer will be able to recreate this entire experience for me. So they can take all those 5-trillion horsepower shit boxes and shove-um. Because I would much more prefer to use them to haul tools, gravel, sheetrock, and greasy Buick parts. Besides, horsepower is not hard to build. It's actually quite easy! And for us.....even easier than most. We don't have to follow all the rules that the auto makers do.

I often think what I can do to a Turbo Buick with the money spent for a $500+ a month car payment, down payment, hidden fees, increased insurance, depreciating value, and general yearly cost of ownership, of any one of these "new best muscle cars".

I will always be the Turbo Buick snob.

I bought a Z06 new in 2001. 385 hp. Next year, 405 hp. It'll always be "better" the next year. They have to to market it to make money. Is what it is. Get what you want, it'll be fine.

I ran to Auto Zone this past saturday to grab a few tools and one of the guys there said hey we are meeting here at 8 tonight just to look at cars and shoot the shit . So I ran home and shined her up and rolled up there . It was all young guys with mom n dads money . Alot of ricers , new and old ponies , cameros and some odd Subarus but bout the time I could park and get out the hole crowd was surrounding my car with all kinda questions , My 22 year old son was with me and he knows they draw attention but not like this .

I ran to Auto Zone this past saturday to grab a few tools and one of the guys there said hey we are meeting here a 8 tonight just to look at cars and shoot the shit . So I ran home and shined her up and rolled up there . It was all young guys with mom n dads money . Alot of ricers , new and old ponies , cameros and some odd Subarus but bout the time I could park and get out the hole crowd was surrounding my car with all kinda questions , My 22 year old son was with me and he knows they draw attention but not like this .
Keith,

If I remember correctly, you are relatively new to the Turbo Buick world. Congratulations! Tell your son it's going to be like this pretty much from now on. For more than 22 years of owning my Buick this same experience has happened over and over again, and the attention never seems to slow down.

All kinds of people filming me on the road, thumbs-up at every traffic light, guys in European exotics giving me the right-of-way, cops stopping me just to get a better look, even the rare occasional young sweeties asking me for a ride. Funny thing though..........I couldn't care any less. I own and built it for me.

Other "muscle cars" get noticed as well, usually with some slight passing nod of approval. But not like this! This is different. I have even recently found You-Tube videos of my car posted by other people I don't even know! In one particular case I believe all the general information is wrong. I admit that my ride tends to be an exaggerated stretch of the typical Turbo Regal characteristics, and this could have something to do with it. But I have also noticed the same attention given to other TR owners as well.

Go ahead and purchase that "new next best thing" and see how long all this would last.

Even if I drive a legend in my own mind, that's OK too! Because maybe my psychosis makes me happy.

TurboKeith get use to it Sir, that happens a lot. And the older these cars get the more it will happen I believe.

I agree with what NYTwin said the car just has mystic and everyone wants to get a peak at a legend!

Why isn't the challenger the slowest of the new muscle cars if it's not a hell cat?

I personally hate how huge the challenger is and will never buy one. I hope when they come out with a new one the shrink it down.

Says the guy driving a nearly 30 year old, 3600lb tuna boat, like the rest of us proud Turbo Buick owners..... :D:D

kirban 2 cents worth

I can relate to this all the Turbo Regals I hauled home I did on an open trailer and that included 9 GNXs.......with many of them being real clean examples they would get the thumbs up in the day light hours. When it happens to you it gives you a good feeling that you made a wise choice. All those trips even staying over nite at motels never had a single issue.

I know when I take my white Turbo-T to get worked on the shop can't wait for me to pick it up as people stop in and want to buy it. As the saying goes someone will always have a faster gun....the Hellcat and in the wings is coming the Demon that will surely outgun the Hellcat. Both models is good PR for Chrysler/Fiat after all its hard to get excited about a Fiat no matter how much they tweak the engine.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I could see this with a SC Hemi? lol

Fiat.jpg

Not in the market to buy one but I'm always looking at the newest high powered muscle cars ...Corvette's, Camaro's, Mustang's, Challenger's ext.

Seems as if they are making styling changes and raising the HP at such a rapid pace that by the time you finally get your dream car something better is already out? This would be fine for the guy who has deep pockets that gets "whatever is new" every year.

When the latest Stingray came out I was in awe at the new look but here we are just a few years later and there are several unique versions of the Corvette that one upped the prior version. Can't imagine how it would feel for the average guy who saved,waited and bought the the top of the line Corvette only to find that there may be a mid engine version coming soon.

Interesting changes already for the Challenger in this link as well.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...de-body/ar-AAmgudR?li=BBisPVf&ocid=spartandhp
Bout time someone got smart and put drag radials on these cars that can't hook for chit.the more power they make the more they seem to spin.my friends hellcat with drag radials blew the rear end at the drag strip.

And to stay on topic with the OP on the latest and greatest Musclecars coming out...

Let's line em up bitches! :ROFLMAO:

I love the new cars, but I' not willing to give up the old ones yet! We are living through another muscle car war and we need to embrace it. I wish I could buy one of each. It's cool that it has gone on so long this time around. The big three just keep trying to outdo each other and we reap the benefits. For those of you that haven't driven a new Challenger, Mustang, or Camaro they make even the GN seem like a dinosaur. Something I've noticed about the GN is that everyone knows what it is and takes the time to check it out.
KID