Downside to buying the latest & greatest muscle car

And TAXES too for us unfortunate Blue Staters. :oops::rolleyes:

Makes a GN with some iron heads and roller cam and typical bolt ons seem like a true muscle car bargain. :cool: ;)

Like salvage says, these cars are a "bargain" when compared to $40k Camaros and $70k Challengers. Although I have to tell ya, IF I had the green a new Challenger Hellcat would be a fun daily driver.......;)

I love the new cars, but i can't seem to get passed the cost of them.
My thoughts exactly. I like the new Corvette, not so much the Camaro. Never been a Dodge guy, so the Challenger doesn't interest me. I like the Mustang GT350, but refuse to part with the $$$.

I was watching a car show and they were talking about the Gran Sport Vette's and how the Gran Sport saved the c6 and allowed the c7 to be developed because the people that buy cars like that buy the latest and greatest, the 1st year of a new package or model is what makes the car profitable, if they didn't release mid platform upgrades sales would bottom out before the new model could be developed.

IMG_3114.JPG
IMG_3112.JPG
I got to play with this last summer. 2017 Shelby GT 350R.
KID

Why isn't the challenger the slowest of the new muscle cars if it's not a hell cat?

I personally hate how huge the challenger is and will never buy one. I hope when they come out with a new one the shrink it down.

I used to think that until I tried to sit in the back seat of a Camaro and Mustang. Then I looked in the trunk of all 3. Then I really appreciated the Challenger for how large it is. That's what makes it a muscle car, vs a pony car like the Mustang and Camaro. I wanted a new Mustang 5.0 until I saw the lack of room. The Challenger grew on me big time. I would love a Hellcat, but it would not work out.

Says the guy driving a nearly 30 year old, 3600lb tuna boat, like the rest of us proud Turbo Buick owners..... :D:D
lol, its smaller than the Challengers, I also own a 2005 GTO which weighs like 3,700-3,800# which is kinda heavy too, but at its not 4,000lbs lol

I'm glad they made the 6th gen Camaro lighter than the 5th, that was a pig too, but at least physically smaller than the challenger... challenger WAY TOO BIG!

I used to think that until I tried to sit in the back seat of a Camaro and Mustang. Then I looked in the trunk of all 3. Then I really appreciated the Challenger for how large it is. That's what makes it a muscle car, vs a pony car like the Mustang and Camaro. I wanted a new Mustang 5.0 until I saw the lack of room. The Challenger grew on me big time. I would love a Hellcat, but it would not work out.
The challenger came out to go against the pony cars, the only difference is now a days the pony cars are more of a sports car, every car has to do everything, like handle, and be fast. You shouldn't be sitting in the back seat anyways lol

If they made a smaller and lighter challenger it would at least be considered an option to me if I was going to get a new sports car/Camaro or mustang. I'm a GM guy, so the Camaro is really the only option I have, I can't ever go mustang even though the 5.0 is a lot better than the old 4.6 2 and 3 valve mod motors. So since the challenger is so gigantic, just isn't even a consideration no matter what to me. I really hope the next one (not the demon), they shrink it down and not make it a 4,000lb car.

While I was searching for an X , the Hellcat was entering my mind , while an awesome car , would not care for the high taxes , insurance , and NTM , the depreciation . So I kept the blinders on and stayed with my original plan as I have long wanted an X .

I still have my love for old Buicks but my Hellcat is bitchen too. :D
DSCN1962.JPG

Last edited:
We have an absolute plethora of Hellcats here in the Detroit area, but I have not seen a white one! Pretty cool!
KID

lol, its smaller than the Challengers, I also own a 2005 GTO which weighs like 3,700-3,800# which is kinda heavy too, but at its not 4,000lbs lol

I'm glad they made the 6th gen Camaro lighter than the 5th, that was a pig too, but at least physically smaller than the challenger... challenger WAY TOO BIG!
I agree but recently test drove new 1LE Camaro and being 6'2" drivers seat almost touching rear seat. Fun ride, but basically a 2 seater.
After test drive saw a used Hellcat on lot dealer asked if I wanted to test drive. 2016 Auto with 3500 miles, asking 60k. Heck ya, and can't believe he came out with red key. Could only get HP gauge slightly over 550 on test drive, definitely can't feel the weight with that HP. Much more comfortable than camaro for daily driver coming from GM guy have owned 4 camaros. But too pricey now.
d8e03d04a3493fed04ee0a2bb69dd6c9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I agree but recently test drove new 1LE Camaro and being 6'2" drivers seat almost touching rear seat. Fun ride, but basically a 2 seater.
After test drive saw a used Hellcat on lot dealer asked if I wanted to test drive. 2016 Auto with 3500 miles, asking 60k. Heck ya, and can't believe he came out with red key. Could only get HP gauge slightly over 550 on test drive, definitely can't feel the weight with that HP. Much more comfortable than camaro for daily driver coming from GM guy have owned 4 camaros. But too pricey now.
d8e03d04a3493fed04ee0a2bb69dd6c9.jpg

60,000?

Did you ask him why he likes smoking crack so much?

We have an absolute plethora of Hellcats here in the Detroit area, but I have not seen a white one! Pretty cool!
KID

Thanks for the compliment. It's actually pearl white so it's pretty cool when the sun hits it.

Neal

60,000?

Did you ask him why he likes smoking crack so much?
I'm not in the market for Hellcat but thought the Sticker price was a little high for used Hellcat. I did stop by dealer about week after test drive and Hellcat was sold.

I like the Hellcats. I'm an old school Moper guy from the 70's. But If I were spending 60 grand, I'd buy a 1970 AAR Cuda. No technology like the hellcat, but a hell of a cool car.

Last edited: