Downside to buying the latest & greatest muscle car

To the OP,
Buy the one you like, then when the next big thing comes out put a catback exhaust on it with supercharger or a higher boost pulley or larger turbos and bigger cams and better heads and so on.

I think I'm having flashbacks from the '80's when we all wanted GNX performance at a fraction of the cost.

At least I think that's where it started and the reason we are all here.

One factor no one has mentioned yet is just diy. You can't DO anything with the new wonder cars. Even just stomping on the gas, nothing happens until the computer decides to do it.

I just watched the Winternationals on Fox, and after seeing the Top Fuel runs and reading up on the engines they use, the new "muscle cars" already look downright wimpy. I mean c'mon, gimme more for my money, Chrysler!

One factor no one has mentioned yet is just diy. You can't DO anything with the new wonder cars. Even just stomping on the gas, nothing happens until the computer decides to do it.

I just watched the Winternationals on Fox, and after seeing the Top Fuel runs and reading up on the engines they use, the new "muscle cars" already look downright wimpy. I mean c'mon, gimme more for my money, Chrysler!
And that's why I hate motorised throttle bodies

But you know what? I wish they'd solve the battery problem, because I'd really rather have an electric motor. Not a lot to do with electric either. But talk about a flat torque curve ....