Owner crashes new Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 1 hour after buying it.

These newer performance cars have sophisticated traction control and braking. If the driver left it in street mode and not track mode loosing control would actually be a challenge. I own a car dealership and have driven almost everything made in the US. You take a 600 HP anything and get on some gravel. Leave the traction control on and put it to the wood. You might throw a rock or two but that's it. If this guy got this car sideways on pavement I'll guarantee you what button he hit prior to putting his foot to the floor and just before the crash.

The most dangerous production car I have ever owned was a Dodge Viper. I had 3 of them over the years. My last was a 2002 with 8500 miles. Only mod was headers and exhaust. No ABS, No Traction control. It did have power windows and A/C though. This is a drivers car that Corvette owners fear. I nailed it in first and hit second at 65 mph and the car went batt shit crazy. I looked at both ditches in under a second. Managed to get it slowed down with 2 tires in the gravel. I had vertigo when I stopped!!!! That wouldn't happen in a Hellcat if the traction system is activated.
As far as lawsuits??? Naaah way to hard to blame the car in court.[/QUOTE

"Driver's car that Corvette owners fear?" Really? I've driven Vipers....and I still have to chuckle.

You really don't know Corvette owners, my friend. Really.

Bruce '87 Grand National

These newer performance cars have sophisticated traction control and braking. If the driver left it in street mode and not track mode loosing control would actually be a challenge. I own a car dealership and have driven almost everything made in the US. You take a 600 HP anything and get on some gravel. Leave the traction control on and put it to the wood. You might throw a rock or two but that's it. If this guy got this car sideways on pavement I'll guarantee you what button he hit prior to putting his foot to the floor and just before the crash.

The most dangerous production car I have ever owned was a Dodge Viper. I had 3 of them over the years. My last was a 2002 with 8500 miles. Only mod was headers and exhaust. No ABS, No Traction control. It did have power windows and A/C though. This is a drivers car that Corvette owners fear. I nailed it in first and hit second at 65 mph and the car went batt shit crazy. I looked at both ditches in under a second. Managed to get it slowed down with 2 tires in the gravel. I had vertigo when I stopped!!!! That wouldn't happen in a Hellcat if the traction system is activated.

As far as lawsuits??? Naaah way to hard to blame the car in court.

"A driver's car that Corvette owners fear?" Really? I've driven Vipers before and I still have to chuckle.

You don't know Corvette owners that well, my friend. Really.

Bruce '87 Grand National

This reminds me only too well, way back in 1968......I had just bought a new '68 Firebird 400, Ram Air II, yellow coupe.

I worked at an engineering company. One day, outside parked next to my new Firebird was a brand new 1969 Plymouth 426 Hemi Road Runner, blue with a blue interior, and HEMI on the raised hood vents! Damn, four speed pistol grip shifter! Wow. Bench seats!!! Brand new! I met the guy, he worked up on the fourth floor of the company, I was on the third.

One day, on lunch break, he said he's going to the restaurant down the road, asked if I wanted to go.....damn, I had to work a little overtime......so I missed my ride in that rocket.

Few hours later, word came into the office: The guy with the blue Road Runner flipped it on the highway, getting on it......it rolled over and over.....killed my friend. It was pretty bad......I saw the car later......looked like a pile of blue metal...crushed......took the rescue guys a long time to cut him out of it.

Lesson learned on those big horsepower muscle cars......at least for me..................I had trouble driving to work for quite a few months after that. And I felt a big, empty space next to my Firebird after that.

Bruce '87 Grand National

"A driver's car that Corvette owners fear?" Really? I've driven Vipers before and I still have to chuckle.

You don't know Corvette owners that well, my friend. Really.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Try not to take it too personal I've owned 5 Corvettes over the years so I guess that may make me a Corvette owner too? I'm glad you got as chuckle when you read it because I had to chuckle when I wrote it.;)

Didn't figure I'd hit a nerve on the GN forum.:oops:

I ran a GM dealership for 9 years and had an opportunity to go to a factory event when the C6 came out. We got to race them around a track and go like hell in a straight line etc. My point being if you manage to get the Vette out of control going in a straight line you've achieved something as long as the traction control is on. Vipers back in the day were not so forgiving hence my comment.

Now a days I think all these newer vehicles have advanced systems to help maintain control.

I read on another forum that it was misting or light snow where this Hellcat crashed? That forum member lived in that area.

I call into question any drivers judgment with only having a single hour of getting familiar with how the car handles to be doing any high risk driving especially on that road.
This IMO is another case of low IQ, high bank account....and if you weren't one of the 5.6 million people to see this here is another fine example:

I call into question any drivers judgment with only having a single hour of getting familiar with how the car handles to be doing any high risk driving especially on that road.
This IMO is another case of low IQ, high bank account....and if you weren't one of the 5.6 million people to see this here is another fine example:

Always loved that vid!

This is a prime example of "cash and crash". Good point on the driver only having the car a short while before pushing it.

Try not to take it too personal I've owned 5 Corvettes over the years so I guess that may make me a Corvette owner too? I'm glad you got as chuckle when you read it because I had to chuckle when I wrote it.;)

Didn't figure I'd hit a nerve on the GN forum.:oops:

I ran a GM dealership for 9 years and had an opportunity to go to a factory event when the C6 came out. We got to race them around a track and go like hell in a straight line etc. My point being if you manage to get the Vette out of control going in a straight line you've achieved something as long as the traction control is on. Vipers back in the day were not so forgiving hence my comment.

Now a days I think all these newer vehicles have advanced systems to help maintain control.

I read on another forum that it was misting or light snow where this Hellcat crashed? That forum member lived in that area.

No problem......you didn't hit a nerve.....mine's already shot. You explained very well. I understand the points you've made. Just....you may have to watch out for some of those older Vettes....some of them can really bite you!

Merry Christmas and have a safe one, too.

Bruce '87 Grand National

My first Vette was a 1969 427 4 speed 390 HP. The previous owner built the motor a little but it ran hard and yes it was a hand full. I kept breaking the center section shifting to second. This was 1994 or so. I sold it broken to a guy who was going to restore it bolt by bolt. Cool car but I didn't have the money back then to properly own a car like that so I sold it.

Wise man told me, "sense isn't common."
Everyday I see something or someone that proves him right.

My 6.50@111mph Street GN was driven by all my friends. Male and female. Race ready 100% of the time. Not one issue!
I always told them, "It will go as fast as your right foot makes it go, so I don't want any excuses if....."

Hmmm...can I fit that powerpalnt into a notch back Mustang?

a couple of my Ford loving friends are convinced that the Raptor in that video is still perfectly fine once the airbags are replaced... one of them had just bought a brand new Raptor a week or so before that video started making the rounds, so maybe he was just trying to justify buying his new truck..

i wonder if anyone has any video of this Hellcat getting wrecked, like the idiots in this infamous Dodge Ram video that tried to tell the insurance company that he was swerving to avoid a deer or something to get them to pay... which worked fine until the agent saw the video...

this video is great saw a person drive there Volvo drive into a garbage truck the other day:facepalm:

I don't see the big deal a guy is dumb enough to buy a Dodge then that same guy crashes his new Dodge.
BTW jk

Last edited:
Here is another one, this time the engine is blowed up. Then his friend pisses on it.
Skip to 6:30 and watch the RPMs.

The moral of the story is that if you feel the urge to act silly with your car...then take it to a road course or drag strip and do it in a safe environment. He's flat out lucky he didn't run into another car. He could have hurt or killed someone.