Your thoughts on the New 707hp 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

From what I've heard it weighs more than a Camaro zl1. Should be a solid 12sec car in stock form with 700hp. Don't get the name "HellCat". Dodge's mascot is the Ram, no?

Got enough $$ u can make anything have HP

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm not worried. Just another over weight, overrated, over priced car with rich owners that can't drive. I like the car, but it is going to have so much torque management to keep it on the road, the 707hp is just a dick slinging number. In reality, a bolt on 4th gen camaro will wax it on the street.

They say pigs don't fly but dodge is under the impression that throwing enough power at it will make it fly. Great looking car (best of the range) but when i rode in a 11 rt it wasn't raw fun. My deathtrap v6 4th gen is faster. Great motors in armoured trucks with poor aftermarket, dodges moto.

Sent via a potato with the sour cream and shredded cheese app

Read about a build where a guy had to go full stand alone to turbocharge his viper because dodge would not release the programing files that allows aftermarket tuners like piggy back chips, or diablo, sct hand helds to reflash the stock pcm. Wonder how long it will be before dodge releases the tune files for this setup.

Was
I'm not worried. Just another over weight, overrated, over priced car with rich owners that can't drive. I like the car, but it is going to have so much torque management to keep it on the road, the 707hp is just a dick slinging number. In reality, a bolt on 4th gen camaro will wax it on the street.

Exactly.

And how long before they crack the pcm? Who knows. But it was three years for my chrysler 200 lol.
But yea, I never thought of the traction issue. You'd need 11.5x31 slicks to run that engine anywhere near it's potential. That's going to be like my buick with the stock turbo, and open dumps on bfg 275 drag radials... worthless. You'd have to pedal that thing half way down the track before you caught any traction.

From what I've heard it weighs more than a Camaro zl1. Should be a solid 12sec car in stock form with 700hp. Don't get the name "HellCat". Dodge's mascot is the Ram, no?

Dodge Ram...........
DODGE emblem.jpg

If I find one I wont be afraid to smoke him. $80 grand for a car that gets its @SS whipped by a little v6 that is 30 years old.

There is nothing quite like breaking their hearts and seeing the look on their face after you do it.

Although it is a stack of money and a whole lot of hype I'm impressed that Chrysler, GM and Ford are all offering cars with over 600 H.P. that come with a full warranty and all the creature comforts. My buddy has a Challenger but his has the 5.7 liter Hemi, the car is nice but it's a tank and can't get out of it's own way. 707 H.P. would go a long way toward fixing that problem but it's going to be hell on the budget for replacement tires!

Neal

Although it is a stack of money and a whole lot of hype I'm impressed that Chrysler, GM and Ford are all offering cars with over 600 H.P. that come with a full warranty and all the creature comforts. My buddy has a Challenger but his has the 5.7 liter Hemi, the car is nice but it's a tank and can't get out of it's own way. 707 H.P. would go a long way toward fixing that problem but it's going to be hell on the budget for replacement tires!

Neal
I think that's the most impressive thing about this also. A lot of guys on here say " it'd be nice to smoke one with a 25 year old car".

It may be heavy. It may be expensive (even factoring in inflation). But all three of the cars you mentioned have warranties. Impressive none the less.

Still wouldn't buy one though.

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
Rebuilt motor/trans, TH DP, LT1 valve springs, ARP studs, TT Chip, Scanmaster 2.1, 42.5# inj, Accufab FPR, LT1 MAF, Hallman Boost Controller, Walbro 340 (hotwired), RJC power plate, K&N filter/breathers, mini starter, , Art Carr shift kit, PPC 12" lock up 2800 stall, B&M tranny cooler, rear air bags, ATR 3" pitbull exhaust w/ cutout.