Your thoughts on the New 707hp 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

I like it. All the modern creature comforts, very fast, and comes with warranty. About time Dodge stepped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The warranty is good till u touch the computer or so on.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What liter blower does this car use? IMG_224720338231299.jpeg IMG_185654983938267.jpeg

A lot of hating for a car not even released yet.

I actually like it. Always been a fan of the 2nd gen E bodies. Even though it's going to need 5 foot wide tires to actually cut a good 60', I still love the fact that it's a modern day car, with rear wheel drive and over 600 hp. Very nice indeed. Not worth the money but still very nice. I'm impressed. I mean even thought it's really expensive, and it's over weight, I still can't complain. I mean, we wanted decent fuel economy, a warranty, gobs of HP, quiet interiors, nice radios, gps, power everything, RWD, body lines from the 60's, seat heaters, etc. etc. and then they give it to us and we complain lol. Not me. I'll take that bitch. Even though I'm a Buick guy, and would take a 70 GSX over that car, I know that'll NEVER happen lol. Hell, I'd take a 3 year old used SRT8 Challenger lol. Slap on some Hoosiers, long tube headers, ported heads & a dyno tune and I'll be just fine. I like all American muscle cars, regardless of age. Better than an evo, porsche, or SRT4 lol. I'm sure it spins 275 slicks like they were 225 Radial T/As but I don't care. I'll FIND a way to make it work lol. I roll its lips and throw my 10.5x28's on that bitch and run 15 psi. I don't care. I figure it out lol. I still think the new Cobra Mustang with 660 some hp is the best deal goin hands down.

A guy I work with put his name on the list to get one. He is obsessed with Mopars. I know there is a rumor about a valet key that only allows it to have 500hp! If that is true Dodge is dumber than I thought. 500hp is more than plenty to have fun with.

I like the car but I'm a Mopar guy at heart. They did a good job improving the dash, the old dash looked like it came out of a Dodge Caliber.

The car is expensive but buy a $50,000 modern muscle car with 500 HP and bump it to 700 HP. Not cheap to do these days.

I'll probably never own one of these although I would like to, just too much money for what I would use it for. Just can't understand why they can't make it lighter?

A guy I work with put his name on the list to get one. He is obsessed with Mopars. I know there is a rumor about a valet key that only allows it to have 500hp! If that is true Dodge is dumber than I thought. 500hp is more than plenty to have fun with.

Not at over 4000lbs!

...Just can't understand why they can't make it lighter?

Crash standards. Someone just posted a crash between an old 442 and a Camry. 442 destroyed, Camry totalled but easily intact passenger compartment. Just look at a-pillars on a Challenger compared to a TR compared to a 68 Chevelle. They drop cars on their roofs now and they have to pass a certain impact test, on the roof! Add in 15 control modules, beefy seats, sound deadening, bulkier transmissions, 20" wheels with big brakes underneath, etc. Plus every car needs to ride like a Cadillac but still corner like a 'Vette so suspension systems are beefier. And as the weight goes up all over the car, all of these systems need to be beefed up even more making the problem worse. Ford recently dropped 700lbs off the F150 and they found they could get away with way smaller brakes and still maintain tow capacity just b/c the truck itself lost the 700lbs. I agree cars need to be lighter, but it'll be difficult until exotic materials make it mainstream.

And Mopar can't get away with the thin sheet metal they used to use in the 60's to save weight.

I'm thinking if this car can keep the tires from boiling into the asphalt that it could run mid 11s maybe been quicker. On the flip side though it's gotta be crazy heavy so who knows. Would be a cool daily driver if you had the funds for expensive fuel bills!

I'm thinking if this car can keep the tires from boiling into the asphalt that it could run mid 11s maybe been quicker. On the flip side though it's gotta be crazy heavy so who knows. Would be a cool daily driver if you had the funds for expensive fuel bills!

I bet the hwy mpg's are better than any TR without a stock cam.

I bought a new Challenger R/T back in spring 09, it was a 6 speed,5.7 Hemi,not the SRT.My friend had just bought an 09 SRT,we brought them both to the 1320 same exact day,both bone stock,side by side,I got my R/T to go a best of 13.67 @102,my friends SRT went 13.53 @ 104. $10k more.Yes,heavy cars,both in the 2.00's for 60'.I sold mine 7 months later with just 1,700 miles on it.I liked the car,just found myself not using much,so decided to let it go before it plunged in value.

With a solid axle and tire it would be about 2 seconds faster than 90% or more of the members cars here without adding 1hp

I owned a 2012 for a little over a year. That sheetmetal will dent if you look at it. You can't lean on the roof or it'll be dented. Super thin, cheap actually.

That's any modern car. I mean that they now use the same stuff as everybody else.