What turbo with 60# injectors and E85

oddiesGN

I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger turbo, but I don't want to change to a bigger injector then the 60# that I have now. Been told if I go with bigger injectors with E85 I need a double pump fuel pump. Well I don't want to go that far. How is the 6262 for a turbo. Will it build good hp with the small injectors and E85 or do I need to go with a different turbo. Right now I have a ta49 and I plan on going with a 206/210 .516 roller cam, champion iron heads and bigger intercooler.

I think IMO that I should try to max out the ta49 first before buying a different turbo. I will like to run 7 flat to 7.4 sec in the 1/8. I think thats around 11.4 or so 1/4 mile. What does everyone else think on different turbo and what does it take to max out ta49 with 60# injectors on E85. Thanks.

You need to monitor your injector duty cycle %. A Powerlogger will show you that. You may be very close to the limit now.

I run 60's with a te45a and alky at 28psi with no problems and no knock. I know this is an old school turbo but it spools fast and pulls like a very violent airplane.

I run 60's with a te45a and alky at 28psi with no problems and no knock. I know this is an old school turbo but it spools fast and pulls like a very violent airplane.

At that boost I think 60# is ok when you run pump gas and alky, but E85 takes like 30% more fuel so you need bigger injectors to handle that much boost.

With E85 and 60's, you're pretty much done with a ta49. No reason to go bigger as you'll be out of fuel.
Eric

What psi in theory should I be able to run with the te45a, 60's, and e85? With and without alky..just curious.

What is the main reason to run e85 over 93 in that case? I can do 18 without the alky kicking in with no knock.

What is the main reason to run e85 over 93 in that case? I can do 18 without the alky kicking in with no knock.

It will allow you to run race fuel boost and timing but need more volume. 30% more. If you had 120's and a double pumper, for $3.00 a gallon you would enjoy the car like it had 112 octane in it. Gives you more torque also.

The reason I run E85 is because 91 is the highest that I can get in my area, so E85 with its higher octane helps me make more boost safely. Plus I could run 91 with alky, but its hard to find that fuel in my area also. My gas mileage droped, but compaired to the price of the 91 that I can get, its still cheaper for me to run E85 and I get a higher octane. I've been running up to 22# of boost.

You could make 100whp more at least with a purpose built e85 engine at 18psi. You run 18psi with 18 degrees advance on a 8:1 engine in the left lane. I'm on the right with e85, 33* advance and 9:1 CR. No other differences. I'll be a second or more faster than you. Even if you ran alky and 4-5psi more boost you would have a hell of a time running with me. Then I put a fuel eaten in my car and run 30+psi and you run 93 and whatever else you want. You will still be a second slower. There is no 93 octane combo that could even come to the potential with e85

You could make 100whp more at least with a purpose built e85 engine at 18psi.

What is a purpose built E85 engine? Other then getting more fuel to the engine, what else differs from gas to E85? I do run E85 in my car and it seems to be good so far with my set-up. What are the most important things to have when running E85 and is there anything different internally. With E85 what are the main things to look at first besides the fuel system?

Thanks, I think I'm just now starting to figure out what is needed. I'm use to working on non turbo cars, these turbo cars are almost the exact opposite. Never thought you would do cam and heads last.

For one E85 is clean burning, you tear your engine down a year later, and a gas engine will have carbon build up!(Dirt) Tear a E85 engine down, and it will be almost like new inside! Also your oil dont get dirt in it, oil lives alot longer!

A purpose built E85 engine would have a very high compression ratio. E85 likes compression.

Holy ****. I had no idea (hadn't researched E85). What would happen if I just tried E85 with the alky and no other changes? Pretty sure we can get that in San Antonio.

You can run as much boost as you can fuel. E85 does not detonate. If you can put out the fuel, you can keep adding boost and power. Like Bison said, check your injector duty cycle. You could be close to your limit.

Go to this site and get this pump ArizonaGN - DeatschWerks.. This will cover 80# injectors. It is stronger than the walbo 340. I have been running it for a few months now and I monitor my fuel pressure and it does not drop off and it raises 1 to1.

What is a purpose built E85 engine? Other then getting more fuel to the engine, what else differs from gas to E85? I do run E85 in my car and it seems to be good so far with my set-up. What are the most important things to have when running E85 and is there anything different internally. With E85 what are the main things to look at first besides the fuel system?

Thanks, I think I'm just now starting to figure out what is needed. I'm use to working on non turbo cars, these turbo cars are almost the exact opposite. Never thought you would do cam and heads last.
Id start with 11:1 CR if i was going to run only 18psi. Even at 9:1 with advance in the high 20's low 30's it will make considerably more power than any 93 octane combo.