Drag Slicks - Size/Brand Guidance

Thx Chuck - can you elaborate for those or me trying to learn.
Experimenting with tire pressures, leave rpm/boost, tune up, and chassis set up are all ways to get the max performance.
Some data logs, videos, and keeping a log of each pass is a start.
I doubt that with a stock converter, adding a 28" tire, the "juice is not worth the squeeze".:)
Data logs can show that the engine is not at peak performance on launch, and/or down track.
Segment comparisons of time slips is another piece of good info.
Videos show how the chassis is reacting.
A Powerlogger is a good investment.

Back under my rock.....

I used a drag tire checker that measured in 1/10's of a pound for my tire pressures...covered the tires from the sun to keep the pressure steady between runs. I'd set/reset the pressure when I got called to the lanes. I'd also check the track temperature with a heat gun. I ran 90/10's up front and single adjustables out back to get the desired 60 foot for the RPM I wanted to launch at. I had a gazillion PL files so I knew exactly what the car would short time at a desired RPM as I raced the car on a dial. You have to get out there and practice...and then practice some more.

Thx Chuck - can you elaborate for those or me trying to learn.
1714744427192.png

This is an excellent read on 4 link rear suspension. To tune the suspension it is best to learn what is going on. Dick does an excellent job teaching every aspect of the 4 link. This is the best money you can spend on your car if you are looking to launch. Highly suggested, and you can buy the kindle addition on amazon for 20 bux

View attachment 399296

This is an excellent read on 4 link rear suspension. To tune the suspension it is best to learn what is going on. Dick does an excellent job teaching every aspect of the 4 link. This is the best money you can spend on your car if you are looking to launch. Highly suggested, and you can buy the kindle addition on amazon for 20 bux
Appreciate the recommendation! 👍

Kevin has been around for a long time. Good info.
I put Kevin's Uppers and relocation setup on over the winter to address anti squat.

The difference is noticeable. My experience so far is the car hooks harder than ever at the track and is more consistent. On the street I can see an improvement, but I need to get the rest of my tuning dialed in (shocks, boost control/ramp) to really take advantage of it on the street I think.

I took the easy way out. 90/10's up front and QA1 single adjustables out back. Went to a practice night and kept bumping up the firm setting on the rears on each practice launch till the car went into 1.5's.