What turbo with 60# injectors and E85

Who all does the mods on ecm? I looked it up and no one seems to have the drivers in stock to do this.

correct you need to find someone who has one for sale in the parts for sale section. the modded ecm allows you to run Low Impedance Injectors

Hard to say. I thought that when I did my first build with this I thought the ta49 was fast enough for about 3 months, now I want more. I know for sure I don't want 10s, easy to say now, but when I get 11's I'll want 10s. But no I say 11 to 11.3 is what I really want. I still like to do alot of in and out of town driving with a/c on. I would like the engine to last awhile 20k + miles atleast. I only will take it to track 1 or 2 time a month and it an 1/8th mile. Alot of street racing.

Thanks

ok with that being said, the 6262 might not be a bad turbo for you. if your cam is out change it and put some good ported irons on it as well. that will get you to your goals for sure. of course i would add a precision intercooler with 80's and a DW pump. dont forget a converter to match with a trans that will hold 11's

ok with that being said, the 6262 might not be a bad turbo for you. if your cam is out change it and put some good ported irons on it as well. that will get you to your goals for sure. of course i would add a precision intercooler with 80's and a DW pump. dont forget a converter to match with a trans that will hold 11's

I was going to go with a PTC 10" L/U 3000. I know some say get N/L, but my new trans was built for a L/U and I told Lonnie my goals around 11's and alot of street driving, so he said since more driving then track racing the L/U would fit me the best. Does the pump need to be double?

I know right now I can't afford cam, heads, intercooler, pump, injectors and turbo right nowm but can everything but turbo. How will the ta49 hold up till I get the 6262 a ways from now?

Thanks.

I was going to go with a PTC 10" L/U 3000. I know some say get N/L, but my new trans was built for a L/U and I told Lonnie my goals around 11's and alot of street driving, so he said since more driving then track racing the L/U would fit me the best. Does the pump need to be double?

lonnie built my trans and i have a ptc converter as well but a n/l.. a L/u unit will be fine. for the pump a single DW will get you to your gaol

I know right now I can't afford cam, heads, intercooler, pump, injectors and turbo right nowm but can everything but turbo. How will the ta49 hold up till I get the 6262 a ways from now?

Thanks.

i would take it one step at a time. is the motor apart?. if not a simple turbo, injector, pump, and intercooler swap will get you there as well without having to push the boost high. heads and cam are nice but not needed for you goals.

So with the 6262 I should be able to hit my goals? But at what boost? Earlier we talked about stock bottom end and boost, so at 21# that will get me to my goals?

lonnie built my trans and i have a ptc converter as well but a n/l.. a L/u unit will be fine. for the pump a single DW will get you to your gaol

So the 3000 isn't too big or too small? Good that I only need a single, because for what I read, your fuel lines should be bigger to work properly with bigger pump.

Thanks, this is great info, I'm learning more in just a few hours then I have in the two years of owning a GN.

i would take it one step at a time. is the motor apart?. if not a simple turbo, injector, pump, and intercooler swap will get you there as well without having to push the boost high. heads and cam are nice but not needed for you goals.

I took out the engine with the old trans and since it snows here in Nebraska I can't do much driving. The intake, valve covers, timing chain cover is all off right now.

So with the 6262 I should be able to hit my goals? But at what boost? Earlier we talked about stock bottom end and boost, so at 21# that will get me to my goals?

So the 3000 isn't too big or too small? Good that I only need a single, because for what I read, your fuel lines should be bigger to work properly with bigger pump.

Thanks, this is great info, I'm learning more in just a few hours then I have in the two years of owning a GN.

Everything i have said is just my .02

as for the 6262 hitting your goals. im pretty confident with a good tune you will be at 11.50 for sure at 21-22 psi.. this is with having a good intercooler of course. as for the 21psi #. you can push it some but i wouldn't take a stock motor much past 25 unless you don't care if it lets loose. for what its worth i tunned a buddy of mines car and he has a stock bottom end expect timing chain and hes been running it at 30-31psi of boost for about 3 years now with no issues. i don't think its safe but he doesn't care since he has a new motor waiting to go in his car once it lets loose.

Also if the motor is stock you need to change the timing chain like asap.. I know GLS1TA is saying 21psi but he only has like 16K miles on his orignal un-opend motor so thats why he thinks safey. if i had 16K miles on my car i would think that to. however i dont so i will run the boost as high as it will go till she pops

also the 3K converter will be more then enough.. as far as fuel lines the stock lines are good with the DW pump. if you run into fuel issues with not having enoug fuel we can work on that later. but for your goals the DW and stock lines with 80 will get it done

well talk to nick and see what is in your budget. im not sure how much $$$ you have and how much you want to spend.

Everything i have said is just my .02

as for the 6262 hitting your goals. im pretty confident with a good tune you will be at 11.50 for sure at 21-22 psi.. this is with having a good intercooler of course. as for the 21psi #. you can push it some but i wouldn't take a stock motor much past 25 unless you don't care if it lets loose. for what its worth i tunned a buddy of mines car and he has a stock bottom end expect timing chain and hes been running it at 30-31psi of boost for about 3 years now with no issues. i don't think its safe but he doesn't care since he has a new motor waiting to go in his car once it lets loose.

Also if the motor is stock you need to change the timing chain like asap.. I know GLS1TA is saying 21psi but he only has like 16K miles on his orignal un-opend motor so thats why he thinks safey. if i had 16K miles on my car i would think that to. however i dont so i will run the boost as high as it will go till she pops

also the 3K converter will be more then enough.. as far as fuel lines the stock lines are good with the DW pump. if you run into fuel issues with not having enoug fuel we can work on that later. but for your goals the DW and stock lines with 80 will get it done

I know that its your 2 cents and I do greatly appreciate the help, can't even come close to doing this myself.

The motor has been rebuilt back to stock, stock heads, cam, new chain, and springs. Nothing fancy just stock with 1800 miles on it. Thats when I bought the ta49 and changed to E85 hotwire and walbro pump. I didn't know what to get when I first built this and I was happy, but wanted faster. Didn't know that the converter in car wasn't the D5 untill couple weeks ago when I pulled it. It never did seem to stall, if it had D5 would have been much faster. But I do appreciate the help even because I always thought power was in heads and cam, but guess not.

Thanks alot.

I know that its your 2 cents and I do greatly appreciate the help, can't even come close to doing this myself.

The motor has been rebuilt back to stock, stock heads, cam, new chain, and springs. Nothing fancy just stock with 1800 miles on it. Thats when I bought the ta49 and changed to E85 hotwire and walbro pump. I didn't know what to get when I first built this and I was happy, but wanted faster. Didn't know that the converter in car wasn't the D5 untill couple weeks ago when I pulled it. It never did seem to stall, if it had D5 would have been much faster. But I do appreciate the help even because I always thought power was in heads and cam, but guess not.

Thanks alot.

o but the power is in the heads.. putting heads on the car will make it easier to get to your goal for sure.. im not saying the power isnt in the heads however im saying you dont need to put heads on the car to get to your goal. if you are changing the heads put a cam in it why not.

from your post above i would worrie more about who built the motor then anything else. because we all know not many people can truly build a TB motor

because we all know not many people can truly build a TB motor

Oh I didn't know that its that big of a deal, (well to a curtain extent) on who builds a block back to stock. What is there thats different from a sbc or something else. I would understand if it was high hp, but is it really that important on a fairly stock set-up? What is the main difference in building the turbo engine from others?
If I have to worry what is a safe rpm to go to on stock engine?

Thanks.

oddies, it was a please to talk to you.. good luck and like i said if you need anything please call