What turbo with 60# injectors and E85

What psi in theory should I be able to run with the te45a, 60's, and e85? With and without alky..just curious.

People need to start there own threads if they have a question about there car. I ask a question and low and behold some one eles asks a question about there car and now all of a sudden we are talking about there stuff.

To answer your question, you will need to upgrade your injectors if you are interested in going further. 60lb/hr injectors will not cut it. I would suggest going 120lb injectors. They will last you a LONG time. After you have those, then drop in a new turbo.

Zack

To answer your question, you will need to upgrade your injectors if you are interested in going further. 60lb/hr injectors will not cut it. I would suggest going 120lb injectors. They will last you a LONG time. After you have those, then drop in a new turbo.

Zack

I think that the 80# are the biggest that you can still use your stock ecm, is that correct? What is all needed to run the 120# injectors? Will it have good idle with that big of an injector? What fuel pump would I need for this set-up? I will be running E85.

Thanks.

:eek:
Sorry. Your question is what turbo with 60s and e85. I have 60s and am also asking if I can run e85 with my turbo. Did not know that was a thread jack.

I think that the 80# are the biggest that you can still use your stock ecm, is that correct? What is all needed to run the 120# injectors? Will it have good idle with that big of an injector? What fuel pump would I need for this set-up? I will be running E85.

Thanks.

You can use 120lb injectors with a stock ECM. However it needs the drivers for low impedance injectors. Eric at TurboTweak can burn you a chip for them on E85. To run the 120's you would need a dual pumper setup with dual Walboro's. I am pretty sure that would be able to supply those big 120's. You can up to the 80lb injectors, but I am not sure exactly how much more power they will allow you to run. Many who run E85 just make the investment in the fuel system so they do not have to worry about it.

http://www.turbotweakstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1040
http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc.asp+ic+050BUECMMOD+eq++Tp+

One more link
http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=DPFS-G7&eq=

:eek:
Sorry. Your question is what turbo with 60s and e85. I have 60s and am also asking if I can run e85 with my turbo. Did not know that was a thread jack.

Well it is when its you that is askinig the questions on what to do with your car and people reply back to you. This is how the original threads get off track and confusing. Our set-ups are nothing alike. If I didn't know any better I would think that it was your thread.

What psi in theory should I be able to run with the te45a, 60's, and e85? With and without alky..just curious.

What is the main reason to run e85 over 93 in that case? I can do 18 without the alky kicking in with no knock.

Holy ****. I had no idea (hadn't researched E85). What would happen if I just tried E85 with the alky and no other changes? Pretty sure we can get that in San Antonio.

How is that anything about what turbo with 60s and E85, (but I guess me complaining about this isn't either).
Below is an example of a question that I asked and Bison answered it as if he thought your set-up was mine. I don't run 18# of boost or run 93 octane.

Id start with 11:1 CR if i was going to run only 18psi. Even at 9:1 with advance in the high 20's low 30's it will make considerably more power than any 93 octane combo.

I'm not mad at you or anyone and I hope that any time that I or anyone has a question you will chime in with help. I normally don't care if others ask questions, but when it gets off track and I'm not getting any info, thats when I find it to be a problem.

Thanks.

You can use 120lb injectors with a stock ECM. However it needs the drivers for low impedance injectors. Eric at TurboTweak can burn you a chip for them on E85. To run the 120's you would need a dual pumper setup with dual Walboro's. I am pretty sure that would be able to supply those big 120's. You can up to the 80lb injectors, but I am not sure exactly how much more power they will allow you to run. Many who run E85 just make the investment in the fuel system so they do not have to worry about it.

http://www.turbotweakstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1040
http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc.asp+ic+050BUECMMOD+eq++Tp+

One more link
http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=DPFS-G7&eq=

I guess that if your getting injectors might as well get bigger and grow into them. What is the idle like with these, are they too big when driving normally?

Is there anything else needed just to run 120s besides fuel pump and computer upgrade and what does drivers for low impedance injectors mean? Is that just changing the chip or is it changing something else? Do you have to go with bigger fuel lines? I looked on full throttles web site, but they are out of stock on drivers. What is the cost to have this done?

Thanks.

Your ecm must be upgraded with new drivers (getting harder to find) for 120s/95s ect. 80s are the biggest with the stock ecm.

I will get ahold of Eric and ask him about this. I guess that if your getting injectors might as well get bigger and grow into them. What is the idle like with these, are they too big when driving normally?

Is there anything else needed just to run 120s and what does drivers for low impedance injectors mean? Is that just changing the chip or is it changing something else?

Thanks for the help.

From what I have read (I cannot get E85 around my place, so what I am going off of is information I have acquired) the 120's will idle nicely. Changing the drivers has to do with an internal part of the ECM that cannot be changed with a simple chip swap. It has to be sent to someone who knows how to do it and what they are doing to change it. There are a few companies like Full Throttle that can do it. You might want to contact TurboBob about having it done. IIRC he can do this kind of thing. Maybe Eric at TT can do it, but I am not positive. You don't need anything else to run them, but I would strongly suggest going with the double pumper set-up so you have ample volume to supply those 120's.

Your ecm must be upgraded with new drivers (getting harder to find) for 120s/95s ect. 80s are the biggest with the stock ecm.

If its getting harder then maybe 80s is the way to go. I might have to pick smaller turbo then the 6262. Will 80s and E85 work with 6262?

If anyone has ran E85 and 80s what is the biggest turbo that you ran? Any problems with getting fuel? I was wanting the 6262, but what about something a little smaller like 5862 or something like that. Just don't know if I can do the 120 route, but before I rule out 120s I will call Eric and full throttle.

Thanks.

Its at 21 right now and 35-45% duty cycle. I would have to look at the log for the exact number I can do that tomorrow

Its at 21 right now and 35-45% duty cycle. I would have to look at the log for the exact number I can do that tomorrow

Is 21 the most boost you ran with the 80s? If not what was your max and the duty cycle at max boost?

Thanks.

Can't you run more boost? From what I've read and been told that the stock engine can take more boost then 21. I plan on going up to 27 or 28. Now I'm running 20 and has had it up to 22 before. When I get my new turbo and injectors I'll go slowly up to 27.