What did you do to your GN/TR today?

I cussed at it, kicked it.......dreamed about driving it, cussed it again, cussed the Grooms engine, cussed the guy I bought it from, cussed myself for buying it, calculated the cost of repairs, cussed it some more........

Installed a new 160* thermostat. My powerlogger showed my coolant temp at 179, the gauge was reading between 170 and 180. I pulled the old one out and it was a 160?? Guess it was just old, as I was thinking it was a 180.

I washed it for the third time.... since the engine has been out of it....

washed and dried with a chamois cloth.... doesn't even have an engine or transmission.....:eek:

Walked past my car. Looked at it. Haven't been able to drive it in a while because all of the rain we've had up here the last 3 WEEKS!:mad: Nice sunny day, so I decided to take her out for a little cruise.

Hit my favorite backroad. Stopped, stalled it up a little, and let er rip. Put down at least 300 feet of rubber.

Ah, I feel better now. Pulled the car back into the garage with a BIG GRIN on my face. :biggrin: :biggrin: Never fails. If Im in a bad mood or having a bad day a little boost seems to make all of the problems disappear..:cool:

Life is good. Now I just need to put all of these parts I have sitting in boxes on the damn thing..

i finally did drive it some today. It was hott out today 99-100 degrees depending on what bank clock your looking at. SloGN ran great in the nc heat. I had the A/C maxed out so it was cool inside. coolant temps got up to 190-195 i'm happy since i have a stock radiator and a FMIC with the Bweavy fans.

Hydroboost install

My friend and I installed the Hydroboost setup on my car. Stops amazingly, much better than the PM imho. Anyone interested in a relatively new PM setup? Has 24K miles on it. Works great! jk.

I installed my H&R motor mounts, checked where I'm leaking oil from(damn Rear seals) Decided to re-route my antifreeze over flow catch and think I'll Try plumming in a few parts while I wait for a few more. Oh I hate Canada and shipping, Love the $ though 5 yrs ago it cost me both legs and arm. LOL;)

My friend and I installed the Hydroboost setup on my car. Stops amazingly, much better than the PM imho. Anyone interested in a relatively new PM setup? Has 24K miles on it. Works great! jk.

PM me the info on the parts list for the hydro-boost.....and any other info you have... if you don't mind....... I am looking at doing away with my PM before it goes out unexpectedly...

well i started at 9 am sunday morning putting a trans in (sydwyndr) which took a while and after that i decided to wash the SloGN while it commenced to sprinkle rain on it. I was glad to see the little sprnkle of rain to break the heat some.

So i had a day of GN/TR's :p

so until next weekend i'm pat broughton

we had a little cruise in at Starbucks saturday night. took my wife,we had alot of fun(rare hot date night with wife and hung out with my car friends,what couldve been better?).even played with a new cobra on the bypass until he got mad and turned off:biggrin:

Replaced the sagging headliner in my GN. What a messy little project:eek: Turned out pretty good, as my 8 yr old daughter would say "High Five ME!". My interior has now been completely refinished. Painting begins in October:biggrin:

ran her this past Friday night at the 1/4 track.. 9.96 at 139 with a 1.67 60ft (second car down the track).. 9.79 at 139 on the second run (1.51 60ft). then 9.71 at 139 with a 1.48 60ft.. not a bad Friday night..

I replaced one of the MAF screens in my car to see if it would get of the stumble, shortened the stock MAF pipe to make the bend less dramatic. Ran her around the block, spooling faster and more responsive. Amazing the little stupid things you can do to these cars that make all the difference....:D

After work I put my stock headers back on with new studs, nuts and gaskets after weld repairing some exhaust leaks. Also installed new black crinckle coated Buick Motorsports valve covers that I won in a raffle:D After all this I went to install my stock turbo and looked at the DP threads and one was stripped out and another had been rusted through into the turbine housing:mad:

Thats OK though it just gave me more of a reason to get a bigger turbo ;) :D :cool:

Drove the snot out of it.

Attachments

• DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_0034.jpg
    DSC_0034.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 253
Gn

Installing a 3.5" maf along with the Gen II translator. My car was running perfect but I figure it couldn't hurt. No telling when the stock maf will let go. And with my current combo this should work pretty good. I'm sure I will be calling Bison when I f@#$k it up.:)

I installed a pair of hr motor mounts, newly welded stock headers, 75lb. injectors and fuel rail. Too bad it's still on the engine stand! Getting closer.
Mike

Put a walbro fuel pump in...the old one took a crap on me. I'll be fixing the sagging headliner today (sunday) then i'll wash it.