What did you do to your GN/TR today?

I'm trying my damndest to get all my parts reprimed, the final prime, but it's just me and my 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son and they are not cooperating today. Yesterday they were angels and were good enough to let me hit every goal, today they are heathen demon children hell bent on making me a day behind and I only have 2 days off this week to get it painted.

I'm about to put the cranky son down for a nap and hopefully that gives me enough time to shoot the paint. So far today all I was able to do it plastic off my garage.

I need to prime early so I can block sand and then hit it with base and clear tonight and tomorrow. :eek:

Finally installed the Hurst LineLoc Ive had in my garage since October of last year...:eek: Went good, took a while though. Had to bleed the brakes a whole lot, but they do feel good. All I gotta do is ground the little indicator light but other than that its fully functional.

I washed the GN, thought about removing the tint from the windows,going to gas it up and cruise it for a while... guess you can tell I didn't make it past step one...:tongue: :frown:

Got everything primed, cleaning the gun took longer than the painting, god I hate cleaning paint guns.

When the kids go to bed I'll be block sanding to see what I am up against, go I hope I don't have to reprime everything.

My new gun worked great though, a Kobalt HVLP that only operates at 29psi, way better than my last HVLP that operated at 43psi, my air compressor actually shut off a few times while I was painting.

Now I need a good day tomorrow, no fisheyes, no streaking, no runs, please please, please let me not f**k up the base/clear, lol.

I sold one of the GNs today.It was bitter/sweet watching it go. :frown: :)

Don't worry I'll never part with my other GN until I die and then my nephew can have it. :cool:

Well, today I bought some engine oil. 5W-30 in particular along with some AC Delco spark plugs.

Tommorow going to wake up early and put in the new plugs and do the oil change. Going to end up having to get a jack that won't break the seals in itself in the first 2 seconds of putting it up. (The last one went that way, what a POS)

what

did we do to our gn's/T's?

Finished the seats and hoping it sells asap.

Threw some paint on some parts, hopefully have it all painted by Sunday, then I will rework the few pieces I totally messed up.

paintfailall.jpg

paintfail2.jpg

paintfail1.jpg

paintfail3.jpg

Got another Powermaster in the mail, along with a new shifter rod, boost gauge pod, and a gasket for my leaky downpipe.

Hopefully the PM and the gasket work. Though, the person that sent me the PM was nice enough to let me install it before paying, so that's pretty awesome regardless.

Hopefully I have time to play with it on Saturday or Sunday. I'm moving this weekend though so that will make it fun...

My friend and I ( mostly my friend Stan ) finished installing my Hydroboost kit with a custom reservoir today. I like the pedal feel and the install was relatively painless. Only had to be creative with one fitting. The only negative so far is that it is a little noisy. Have been told by a few that it takes awhile for the air to get out of the lines. Other than that I am happy. I put the Powermaster in a box before it put me in one.

Attachments

• DSC00954 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00954 (Medium).JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 172
The good news: quarter is fixed and ready for paint.
The bad news: more tornado watches and warnings in this part of the state!

Attachments

• wh1repair1.jpg
    wh1repair1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 138
100_0616.jpg

I am almost done. I have had to take stuff off to get other parts on. Next time I have to do this it will go much faster I bet.:biggrin: