What did you do to your GN/TR today?

almost got this 4 year build done,trying to tune so i can run down the list of smucks who think there sh:eek: t is fast.I am sick of hearing (u should at least put a v8 in that monte:mad:

Didnt work on the Limited cause we arent at home, but did pick up a TE.66 for it at BPG in Columbus!

We worked on a buddy of ours Mud buggy. It had a 350, weak 882 heads, a 268 comp cam, a Performer intake and a Holley 700 DP. when we tore it down, we found KB 11:1 pistons!! So with much delight, we put a set of fresh Vortec heads on, a Summit Racing .465/.488 cam, a Summit style Performer intake (to match the Vortec head bolt pattern) and rebuild the carb, new plugs, MSD wires, and a few other goodies! Man it screams now! We read an article in GM Hightech a while back on this same basic set up and it cranked out around 400 hp/ 430 trq so the owners were all smiles when they drove it :D :cool:

Jason and Alan

Attachments

• Doc6.JPG
    Doc6.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 235
more

more pics

Attachments

• Doc7.JPG
    Doc7.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 242
  • Doc10.JPG
    Doc10.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 264
Ive been busy

In the past week or so i have: Installed UMI upper and lower control arms, polished the centerline Telstars using a die grinder with a buffing wheel, figured out that i bought the wrong shifter console overlay, performed a leak down check, compression test, and resealed the intake manifold. I also installed the new Strange 3" seamless chromemoly Driveshaft and HD pinion yoke. I also bought a new Toshiba laptop to run Big Stuff 3 as my old computer worked about halfway. (pos compaq)

On the list of to-do is cut out all the rust around the t-top area and weld in new metal. I think i am gonna have to bite the bullet and buy the T-Top kit from GBodyParts. Its awesome but expensive. Gotta have it though.:) later

looks good. how big of a shot is he running?
I just got off the phone with Alan.... he said that was a 250 hp shot... but they changed the pills to get it down to a 150 hp shot..... becuse they were afraid the owners would tear it up.....

Alan said that thing is night and day difference after the heads/intake/cam swap.

yesterday I did: nothing, didn't even look at them
today: same thing
this weekend maybe I'll get something accomplished (carpet,exhaust or something crucial)

I am going to install powerlogger and then go for a fast drive when I get home tonight.

not today, but yesterday I installed my new factory (unbroken) shifter. Much better, the T handle doesnt fall off anymore. I also put in a new drivers side power window switch in.

i needed the shop bay it was in,so outside it went.:frown: didnt get to drive or even look at until i had to pull it in the shop so we could go home..... maybe tomorrow.

Today I reinstalled my alky kit,scanmaster and other various parts that I removed last week.I was going to trade her for a Syclone so I removed a bunch of parts that I wanted to keep.Yesterday I decided I don't want to trade so I put it back together. :confused:

Today

I just went to the garage and stared at it, man they are truly beautiful, mean looking pieces of art and history:biggrin:

today I starred at it numerous times while having a smoke, wondering if the head gaskets are on the edge, imagining more money that I could give her to make me even more happy(omg:eek: sounds like a woman) but I love her and we have been together for 17 years, she never wines,shes always home, she never complains, she gives me everything I want...Oh I hope my wife doesnt read this:eek:

Today I reinstalled my alky kit,scanmaster and other various parts that I removed last week.I was going to trade her for a Syclone so I removed a bunch of parts that I wanted to keep.Yesterday I decided I don't want to trade so I put it back together. :confused:

Good for you, were proud of you and here for you.:wink: