What did you do to your GN/TR today?

This is great. Wonderful variation of responses...both good and bad.

Evans - Gonna make it to the 'Boro this weekend?

Patrick- wish I could but will have to pass. My band (Reverend Duck and the Disciples of Funk) is practicing Sat afternoon in prep for our annual benefit at the Dublin VA hospital on September 15th. It's also a big car and motorcycle show- wanna come to it with your GN and hear the band? Small fee to enter the car show but music is free. There will also be an opening band too but we are the headliners! I may clean up the '70 GS 455 and bring it over. If you or the gang over their are interested in coming to Dublin on 9/15, let me know and I can mail you some car show apps. I'll post over at S GA Turbo Buicks too for exposure.

I about died from the heat in Macon on Saturday while moving my daugther in and getting her ready for school.:eek:

We did pull the rear end out of the GN Thursday getting ready for some upgrades.

Jim

Mercer or Weslyn? Yes, Macon is a hot place and not in a good way temperture wise. Moving is hard work anyways too.

Not today but within the past week I have ripped out the motor, trans, stock fuel lines, gas tank, radiator, starting to take apart the front suspension, ummm....many other little things...I know I have ordered a crap load of parts already...I have a daily delivery from UPS and FEDEX :D

Mercer or Weslyn? Yes, Macon is a hot place and not in a good way temperture wise. Moving is hard work anyways too.

Mercer, she is staying on Orange St., up three flights of stairs and I have counted every one. I worked in Macon during the summer in the mid 70's and it was just as I remembered it, HOT!

Jim

Make us TR guys proud when they do come. Don't forget to set the Tranny Brake..LOL

will do :) foot brake to the first light, then trans to the second :D . the car is running really strong in the HOT weather, so i think i will do pretty well.. i'm thinking about turning the boost up a little bit more too :eek: , but i'm waiting to see what other types of cars are going to be there..

Not today but within the past week I have ripped out the motor, trans, stock fuel lines, gas tank, radiator, starting to take apart the front suspension, ummm....many other little things...I know I have ordered a crap load of parts already...I have a daily delivery from UPS and FEDEX :D

I'm far less ambitious. With the 2 kids I can only get 15 uninterrupted minutes at a time. Yesterday I finished scraping the leaky cork gasket on the passenger side and replaced it with a FelPro PermaDry gasket (gotta love the name - hopefully it stays true to that name). I confirmed that the valve covers I bought do not fit so I cleaned the stock LH cover with Simple Green and put it back on. Tonight I'll get to work on the driver's side valve cover. Baby steps......since I won't get my transmission back until September anyway (due to my schedule, not the shop).

Jim

walked past it when i got home from work , wondering when the hell am i going to get everything i got installed :confused: :biggrin:

Put my new collector plates on..:D Wanted to drive it but it just keeps raining up here in WI.. We didn't have much rain all summer but now it just won't quit.

I have a turbo saver to install yet, moser axles, c-clip eliminators, new s-10 wheel cylinders, and brake shoes to put on too. I guess I have my work cutout for me.

I took mine (actually my wifes) and went down to the Autotrader office to put it up for sale. No one here one the Turbo buick board seems to want it.

Neal

I walked by my Saturn today and looked at it with sadness.

I wish I had a TR/GN to work on and walk by. :(

Soon... Soon... :D

Today I have trans issues. Yesterday was perfect. Tomorrow will be better! :biggrin:

Seems like we all are having the same issues, my daily driver tranny went out, its a PMAC built with 9/11 convertor...

Trans bounced off the limiter at a WOT downshift pass at 180° on the highway and temperature was rising to 260° after the downshift.

Normal trans temp is 200° when its 100° outside and the AC on, i really cant complain, trans has been in the car for 5+ years with over 1000s of passes and races.

Now it slips and slides at 30mph being easy on it, and now its been parked since MONDAY

Its resting here till it gets cooler outside

BW

Attachments

• 100_4499.jpg
    100_4499.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 291
Today I finally removed that LH valve cover and scraped all the cork crap off. It took forever because I was trying not to get it down into the head.

Installed the new 160 degree thermostat and upper radiator hose. Cooling system is all buttoned up.

Installed my home-made cold air system (mostly) from Intake Hoses, IntakeTubing, and Intake Clamps.

Re-installed my freshly-rebuilt SMC alky pump and tank.

Custom bent and double-flared some tubing to replace sections of my stripped trans lines. Yes, I bought completely new lines but you know what? You can't install all new lines with the engine in place. So I'm splicing new pieces in but I don't like compression fittings. The new lines will have to go into storage until the next time I yank the motor out (which hopefully will not be any time soon).

I just need to put that LH valve cover back on and I can clean up the garage. All that will be left is to bolt up the transmission. CK has it and will be checking it out on his dyno (with the Vigilante converter) over the next couple of weeks.

I did spend some time staring at it today. I wondered to myself how something so beautiful could be such a goddam mess all at the same time.

Jim

well I got my smc alky system on today works great 23 psi no knock but my breaks took a $hIt pedal got hard as a rock it blew a fuse for the power master I replaced it and now the motor runs all the time any body have any clues?

Chasing a false knock problem, Today I relocated the TV cable away from the knock sensor (it was touching it). That wasnt the problem.

Tomorrow I am going to put the stock DP on to see if that fixes it. My 3" THDP is pretty close to the heater box.

I just got the car running after over a year because of a broken forward drum. I have a built trans but can't play with because of the knock.

Just removed all of the emblems besides the one on the header panel. Still have some adhesive to remove. Touched up some chips.