What did you do to your GN/TR today?

Just checked on progress on my GN. Man, I CAN'T wait to get her back. I'm still having TBWS(Turbo Buick Withdrawal Syndrome). I no it will be worth it when she's done!!

Ken B.

Attachments

• IM001246.jpg
    IM001246.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 250
  • IM001247.jpg
    IM001247.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 252
  • IM001251.jpg
    IM001251.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IM001249.jpg
    IM001249.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 259
well after the knock gauge prob..fixed installed in my modified pillar holder...hmmm i cant see the lights on gauge due to angle..ok pillar pulled back off, gauge out

now im custom fabbing a mount to install on top of my columm and i just remembered why i hate working with resin.

OH yeah and girlfriend is packing up...she warned me if i bought another ride.

but i did get a great deal on car and it costs me more for her upkeep anyway.

Used Maguire's clay bar on truck lid and roof. WOW that really makes a difference. Now I cant drive it out of fear of getting it dirty.

thanks im back and i have some time off. i have been working on buicks none stop since i got home. anyways what have i done to the buicks in the last few days. well i pull the test pipe got a WB bung welded in got the LC-1 wired up and wired to the powerlogger, rewired all the map sensor wiring for the alky kit,installed 160 stat,pulled tank and add racetronics ground kit and did the pump hanger mod, pulled all the wire loom and electrical tape off the other buick and preping it for the new motor i have to pick up next week. i know i have forgot more but that is what i have done in the last 3 days.

Well not today. But went racing last saturday. The car felt good. Runs were in the mid-low 11's felt the car surge and then the temp gauge was climbing. Look what I found!:eek:

001-1.jpg

010.jpg

007-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Ive never blown both headgaskets at once before!! Talk about doing the job right!:mad: The car never had any detonation during any of the runs so I know that I hurt them from before when I got a little crazy on the street with not enough octane, and letting a buddy drive it that doesn't know how to drive!!:mad:

Anyways pulled the engine sunday morning, dissassembled everything to find this. Plus the oil pan had about 2 gallons of antifreeze mixed in with it. Not too good of a weekend. Now its time to go all out!!!! The block is at the machine shop already getting line bored with new billet caps, steel crank, and new pistons.

Maybe this weekend will be better. I ordered some ported heads, intake, roller cam already.:D :D

Today I picked my car up from the trans shop with the new stage 2 trans in it and then went straight to work so I could use my lift+tools to install the rear seat braces instead of busting my ass to do it at home with jack stands and hand tools. Probably the last upgrades I'll do until 2008. "Probably" :).

thanks im back and i have some time off. i have been working on buicks none stop since i got home. anyways what have i done to the buicks in the last few days. well i pull the test pipe got a WB bung welded in got the LC-1 wired up and wired to the powerlogger, rewired all the map sensor wiring for the alky kit,installed 160 stat,pulled tank and add racetronics ground kit and did the pump hanger mod, pulled all the wire loom and electrical tape off the other buick and preping it for the new motor i have to pick up next week. i know i have forgot more but that is what i have done in the last 3 days.

hay boost what type of injectors do you have? good to have you back home bud :smile:
as far as what i did today , i called my mechanic to hear how my baby is coming along still about a week or two away:(

put the emission chip in, cat on, and tuned it for the BC aircare, ready to go in the morning before my insurance expires so i will be ready to go next year. lets hope i pass

put my transmission in.....:biggrin: hopefully this time i can keep it in for a while.... i got a new deep sump sheet metal pan tooooo....looks awesome.:cool:

hay boost what type of injectors do you have? good to have you back home bud :smile:
as far as what i did today , i called my mechanic to hear how my baby is coming along still about a week or two away:(

im my hotair car im running 55's in my bros car 009's

my motor is ready just got to figure out how to pick it up. cant find a damn truck.

looked at it, unlocked it and sat down for a bit and acted like i was driving....drove it on thursday around town. Probably drive it saturday :cool:

Picked my engine up from the machine shop..... fresh bore.... 2 center steel caps installed... line bored/honed.....block decked....std/std rolled fillet turbo crank polished..... converted over to hyd roller..... took all my parts to a buddies shop...and got it up on an engine stand... he was excited.... called me last night... was working on building the short block....

Ported heads should be ready with comp beehive springs and ferra stainless valves...

Hopefully going to pull off the powerdisaster master and begine the hydroboost conversion....

That's about it for today....

Oh... about to cut grass.... near my GN....:rolleyes:

Fixing the bullseye I picked up on the windshield on the way to a cruise Monday. Hopefully the repair won't be noticeable.

got my fan switch on, TC lockup switch on...still steaming over not being able to see my knock gauge lights due to either glare or bad angle, it seems if IM not looking straight at it i cant see lights.

finish woofing lunch and take it out on road i like my rjc plate though