What did you do to your GN/TR today?

Well the car is still in the shop and just about ready to come home. So I went into the garage today to get most of my parts ready for arrival for the car. Installed -AN fitting on my B&M trans cooler and cleaned up the surrounding area where the car will be going. Hopefully this week I can go pick her up.

got my fan switch on, TC lockup switch on...still steaming over not being able to see my knock gauge lights due to either glare or bad angle, it seems if IM not looking straight at it i cant see lights.

finish woofing lunch and take it out on road i like my rjc plate though

how did you wire up the L/U switch. i need to do this but havent decided on how to do it.

ALot

well i did alot to mine today. here are a few pictures. didnt take a final picture yet as the paint needs to dry but you get the idea. still got alot of work ahead of me before i go get the motor.

Attachments

• DSCF0219.JPG
    DSCF0219.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCF0227.JPG
    DSCF0227.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCF0229.JPG
    DSCF0229.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCF0231.JPG
    DSCF0231.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCF0236.JPG
    DSCF0236.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 198

last one. its done just have to let dry. it doesnt look done in a few pictures but i need to take more pics.

Attachments

• DSCF0237.JPG
    DSCF0237.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 193
thanks. not to bad for a days job using rattle can. Still got to let it dry. Then Rewire loom and tape everything clean everything paint the frame etc etc etc.

Boost.

i took two pole switch, one flip for fan and other flip for lockup.

center post I grounded then one post i ran wire and spliced into top left AL, pin F i think it is

then other i ran wire to fan relay spliced into green/yellow stripe.

switch in middle, stock..flip up and lockup, flip down fan on

Also did the 4th gear lockup

and found from a buddy a brand new in box 3.5 maf for 25 bucks today so next is my translator:cool:

other things i did that you cant see i painted my dp again also removed and replaced a few of the body bushings. still need 8 others but in time i guess. dont want to buy a whole set if i can get them seperate.

but bad news for today is i feel my pinion starting to claunk, like a clank and a clunk when i put it in drive.
I checked my tranny mount first.

Its starting to seem the guy who put this car together is a legend in his own mind and no one in this town has ever heard of him.

After two months of ownership into this new world Ive picked alot of local brains and for sure made my stupitiy known on here.

But I got it tuned

good thing i can set up a rear end...well kinda..LOL

but bad news for today is i feel my pinion starting to claunk, like a clank and a clunk when i put it in drive.
I checked my tranny mount first.

Its starting to seem the guy who put this car together is a legend in his own mind and no one in this town has ever heard of him.

After two months of ownership into this new world Ive picked alot of local brains and for sure made my stupitiy known on here.

But I got it tuned

good thing i can set up a rear end...well kinda..LOL

this is one thing i want to learn how to do.

today i replaced my chopped up headlight harness and put some silverstar headlights in. made a big difference in the amount of light out here on the desert roads.

today im not working on squat, pulling the 61 out and gonna tool around and think about what im gonna do next to the buick..lol

Bad thing about that 61 is when i stop somewhere someones boohooing about how they got rid of their vette back in 62 or i always get the old guy who comes up, asks about car then proceeds to tell me that back in 1945 just after the war he went fishing and a bear jumped into his truck and ate his picinic lunch while his girlfriend mabel swung from a tree with her red hair blowin in the wind etc etc etc.

or the guys that came up and asked if i got it on barret jackson..lol told them i got it from jd byrider for 29 dolla down 29 dollas a day for 29 years at 29%

have a good day all

going to paint my dp today and clean the tranny cooler lines and frame. will take pics and post them later :)

Well today I finally buttoned everything up and took the car out for a ride. The transmission has a new pump and Precision's tube kit installed for the Vigilante converter. While the trans was out I put in a new aluminum radiator.

I went out and the trans was stupid sloppy. Slipping in every gear and not shifting right. I had adjusted the TV cable the commonly accepted way but the cable is used and might be stretched. I had to move it 10 or 12 notches back toward the firewall until I got real, solid shifts and no slippage at WOT. Then I noticed the puddle under the car in the driveway - leaking tranny fluid at the new radiator. Now of all of the possible connections that can be leaking: at the trans, the splice I put in just before the trans, the trans cooler, the unions behind the radiator or those impossible-to-get-at cooler fittings on the front of the radiator, guess where mine is leaking? Yes, the impossible-to-get-at fittings - the one on the bottom. I need to take the radiator back out.

Also, the car has gotten very loud. Turns out my Torque-Tech "Y" pipe is split at the "Y" just behind the 'cat'. Even though it's louder and even though I prefer the look of duals, I think I'm going to go with a SS single shot. The duals are heavy and the 3" pipe and mufflers are a lot to jam under there.

At least the lock up problem (the reason for pulling the trans) is fixed. Boy is it fixed. Lock-up is stupid hard and doesn't slip at WOT.

So, I got to cruise around a little bit today. Got a complement from a guy at Lowes and smiles, honks and waves from random motorists. All that makes it a little easier to start draining the antifreeze out of it again......

Jim

Your not the only one with tranny problems...After putting my fresh rebuilt 200r4 and dynotech 3200 stall friday night, also put on new upper and lower control arms/tie rods with polygraphite bushings while I had it out. Finished up about 8pm, took it for a quick spin to adjust tv cable and make sure everthing was ok, my header gasket didnt like the abuse for some reason and blew to peices. Milked the car home and had to wait for the turbo to cool down to fix it. Finished up fixing that around 1230-1am Took it out and hit very nice with the new 3200. Got home and threw all my track stuff in the trunk:biggrin: . Woke up 630 sat morning for a nice day at the track. Got to the track around 9. Heavy morning mist delayed till about 11am and only let us run1/8 mile till about 1230-1. Couple 1/8 mile passes to get my 60's good. Was disappointed with only 2.2 60' of e-brake at 83mph in 1/8:confused: . First gear felt very wierd, not sure how to explain it, anyway to make a long story short, first 1/4 mile pass... pulled back to pits to find a trail of death behind me and smoke rolling out of the hood...tranny fluid pouring out from front of trans!!!:mad: ...looks like the pump brought it home and left it on the trailer overnight (drove it there luckily my dad could pick me up!). Pulled trans out early this morning but no visible problems. Pulling the pump cover off tonite/tomorro morning. Talk about a pain in the a$$.

Went to a show at the Simbury Airport in CT. Different type of show with planes AND cars. Pretty good show, glad I didn't park near where the helicopters were landing.:D

Went to a show at the Simbury Airport in CT. Different type of show with planes AND cars. Pretty good show, glad I didn't park near where the helicopters were landing.:D

We used to go to an annual event at an airport in the Poconos. It was a show/race thing. We'd drag race down the runway, but would have to stop when the occasional plane wanted to take off or land. It was an interesting event, but they don't do it anymore (insurance reasons, I'm told).

Jim