TSM/TSO Payouts???

Hypoythetically speaking...If a racer passed weight and peer tech, EVERYTHING about the race was legal. And the plug was the only thing missing....

Would a record time be a TSM legal record , or would it be considered "outlaw"?

with the turbo rings present a turbo could have been teched. So it was a legal race not outlaw.

We raced for 3 days at bpg before we seen the ladder.When i asked i got i don't know i just got out of my f/ing car.i had 10 spectaters 1 racer for all 3 day's.That's plus gas, food,shirt's,hotel's and whatever else.It make's you want to stay home and not spend all that money for that attitude. i don't know what i done to him. Was i asking to much to see the ladder after 3 days?

after looking at the GSCA Nats Payout list:

GS NATIONALS SPONSORS .:. May 13 - 17, 2008.

It appears to me, there's quite a bit available for TSM. It would also appear there were certain requirements necessary and that most, if not all sponsors required the winners to contact them directly for payment. I can speak for Super 16 which appears to have well over $3000 in what appears to be cash and no problem for the winners to have received. The amount of the payouts, from my understanding, were based on the RRA's or whomever was involved in pursuing sponsorship cash or prizes. It would appear some RRA's did a better job of it than others. Not only in collecting and securing payouts but also in seeing the racers were informed on how to aquire their winnings. I, for one salute the organizers of the BG Nats for putting into place a system that works very well when the guidelines are followed and also for giving us a playground to play at. One more thing, some quick math adds up to well over a $1000.00 in cash and gift certificates for TSM...

after looking at the GSCA Nats Payout list:

GS NATIONALS SPONSORS .:. May 13 - 17, 2008.

It appears to me, there's quite a bit available for TSM. It would also appear there were certain requirements necessary and that most, if not all sponsors required the winners to contact them directly for payment. I can speak for Super 16 which appears to have well over $3000 in what appears to be cash and no problem for the winners to have received. The amount of the payouts, from my understanding, were based on the RRA's or whomever was involved in pursuing sponsorship cash or prizes. It would appear some RRA's did a better job of it than others. Not only in collecting and securing payouts but also in seeing the racers were informed on how to aquire their winnings. I, for one salute the organizers of the BG Nats for putting into place a system that works very well when the guidelines are followed and also for giving us a playground to play at. One more thing, some quick math adds up to well over a $1000.00 in cash and gift certificates for TSM...

2008 Race Class Rules & Race Payout
located on GSCA Bulletin Board (click here)

* = Direct Sponsor Payout.

National Dent, Inc. of Vicksburg, MS
TSM Runner-up $100

Jack once again I was not an RRA have not been for 2 years. Regardless of what you see in print. They were told I was out 2 years ago. I did not help with tech. I did not take their free entry or any other benefit offered to an RRA. I am tired of seeing my friends being pushed off as crooks here and every other board you can find when they are far from it. After phone calls and conversations it has become so obvious what is going on here. This is nothing other than a 3 ring circus thats only missing a clown that says they were not paid in previous years.

Please re-read the heading of the link you supplied. Then please re-post the correct payout that probably should have been handle by the TSM RRA. Looks like $100 for 2nd place to me. Does the racer have no responsibilty here? This was in print months before the race.

I have spent enough time defending myself and my friends.

Easy there Lonnie, I spoke with you, I understand perfectly clear what you told me. I did not lay any responsibility on you from my post. I thought I was helping to clear up what was available in cash and certificates to TSM particpants that have it coming. I really don't understand why you posted what you just did. It is obvious you have repeatedly posted here, having significant knowledge of the TSM series and what was and wasn't done as well as tech rules, payouts, etc... This thread didn't have to go the direction or have the length that it has if someone would have stepped up from the very first post and explained how it works.... I think my post makes it perfectly clear.... the GSCA has it spelled out in very clear terms on their website, they must have a webmaster... if you are not involved in this at all and made it clear in the past, whats the problem.. you've cleared your name and position..

This thread is the reason Im working on a Pontiac right now!
Bla BLa BLa BLa:cool:

Hey Bobby I agree with you there, one of the reasons I bought a Camaro. Way too much crap, posts and efforts being expended for what amounts to a bunch of guys with similar cars who are suppose to be friends coming out to race at a handful of events. I may not agree with the way the payouts are handed out and when, but if there is an accounting done at the end of the year then I'm OK. It's always been done in both points series and certainly looks to continue this year as well.

Art.

if you are not involved in this at all and made it clear in the past, whats the problem.. you've cleared your name and position..
I am only trying to explain how things have operated in the past because no one else is doing it. Of course in the process of trying to provide some insight I put myself right back in the line of fire. There are many inaccuracy's in the entire post. Its no longer my fight or my job to point them out. This will be my last post unless I am addressed directly or indirectly.

I hate to see the class torn apart this way. Many forget I was the individual that put a set of rules together (there were others involved in the rule making that was submitted). I approached the GSCA to get the new rules adopted to form a new heads up class. It took me 2 years to get this done. When they adopted the rules Scott and I had this idea to take the show on the road. With the help of Jim Hass, Lyold, Burta The rest is history. So you understand that with the hours of time and money I have put into this class its a little hard to just fall off the radar. Some said a couple years was all it would last. I think we are now on year 7 and looks like for the first time the points series could be dissolved.

I don't think people that have spent countless hours and dollars are gonna quit just because of this thread. I'm building a car and I damn sure aint quitting because of this thread.

The first comment from the RRA when asked a question (which is what the link provided from the TSM website said to do) was "I'm not discussing it further".....

How does that help anything?

If person(a) says one thing and person(b) says another(RRA's)...and they are contradicting each other...what's a fellow supposed to do?

(a) He's got the money.... (b).... No, He's got the money...then (a)...then(b)...then (a) again.... with the same run around. This is all at the races, mind you.

So then in a last ditch effort to get the RIGHT answer this thread is started and the answer is "I won't discuss it any further"...from the RRA.

Who is discussing dissolving TSM? Is there a thread on another board?

I don't think people that have spent countless hours and dollars are gonna quit just because of this thread.

I can't believe I actually pay for this when the GSCA can make money at it. Good job IMO and props to them. On the bright side I've made some fantastic friends, Jack who thinks I'm the anti-christ of TSO, Joe L. who tells me I'm stupid and Cal who seems to undermine me at every turn. And now my good friends in TSM who think I'm a crook. Good times can't wait for next year.

Since all of the problems I'm having seem to stem from TSM and the only thing I have to do with TSM is to raise sponsor money, I am OUT. I have forwarded all the funds to Scott and will no longer have ANYTHING to do with TSM. If I were you guys I would enjoy this years payouts because I doubt you will see any kind of real sponsor money next year and I can tell I damn sure won't be asking vendors for it. Here is the list of sponsors which has been posted for about 4 months now. Major sponsors are at least a $500 you do the math.

Turbo Street Modified

And the stage II project begins

And so the TSM exodus begins. Good job guys! Funny how 3/4 of the people posting in this thread do not even race in TSM. F*ck all this drama...I go to these races to have fun and get away for a weekend. If you are doing it for the money, stay home and go bracket racing at the local track.

While I do not think that this is the end of TSM, It may be the beginning of a better TSM class where people actually get what is stated. I can assure you that TSM will not be dead. The racers are the best in the Buick world and the guys get along well.. The only thing I see here is the racers asking questions that aren't being answered..

Chris definately has a bad attitude about the class that HE volunteered for. He has been no support this year in the peer tech, no support in the races, and no support of explaining to the racers what is going on..

I am willing to help whom ever how ever... Just want to see the class continue!

I got nothing 2 years in a row for 2nd place in reynolds.
Did i not meet the requirements?
Richie, had you payed your points series membership these two years?

Thanks, Kip

While I do not think that this is the end of TSM, It may be the beginning of a better TSM class where people actually get what is stated. I can assure you that TSM will not be dead. The racers are the best in the Buick world and the guys get along well.. The only thing I see here is the racers asking questions that aren't being answered..

Chris definately has a bad attitude about the class that HE volunteered for. He has been no support this year in the peer tech, no support in the races, and no support of explaining to the racers what is going on..

Yet another clueless post. I NEVER had anything to do with TSM other than raising money for the point series. I definitely never had ANYTHING to do with peer tech?? I simply will not discuss further specific details of sponsor relationships especially on the net. All of this was handled in person and now has turned into an internet lynching for reasons only those who started this know or understand. All of the info everyone is asking for has been posted previously.

If you or anyone else has issues with me feel free to call me or come see me at Osceola where I will actually be racing and participating instead of sitting around bitching about it on the net. 330-559-6552.

Looking in the event hand out from BG on the 2008 GS Nationals Sponsor pages it is out lined what a winner ,runner up, etc. should expect for payouts.
Did someone meet the requirements and not get their prizes? If so was it because they missed the *saying "Direct Sponsor Payout" on all of them except one. I was with guys who won money according to the program and they got paid.

Thanks, Kip

Just curious, but what tsm points racer never ending up recieving what was stated? Btw, what's your name? I didn't see it in your signature.

I am full of questions tonight, 8AV8 what is your last name? I have had a few people ask me who you are when discussing this thread on the phone and I could not answer, so thought we should clear that up. Beforeaskingmy last name is Asplund.
Thanks in advance, Kip