TSM/TSO Payouts???

Dang, someone seems to be a little grumpy. A legitimate question was asked and a mean answer was given.

I agree.. but that isn't the way it happens.

Hartline Performance pays immediately
Precision Turbo paid immediately
HRPartsNStuff paid immediately
BPG paid immediately
TA Performance paid immediately

and.......?

not to speak out of turn.....But....

The answer to "and"...

Why hold these guys money until the end of the season?

Does anyone know how much money it takes to drive to Ohio from Mississippi...twice in a couple of months...win!!...and then drive back again? It's friggin ridiculous.

It's pretty easy...come off of the money. They earned it and deserve it after the win.

Let's tell Tim Lynch he'll get his money at the end of the season. How about John Force. Nobody has to put up with this BS. Just the Buick guys.

not to speak out of turn.....But....

The answer to "and"...

Why hold these guys money until the end of the season?

Does anyone know how much money it takes to drive to Ohio from Mississippi...twice in a couple of months...win!!...and then drive back again? It's friggin ridiculous.

It's pretty easy...come off of the money. They earned it and deserve it after the win.

Let's tell Tim Lynch he'll get his money at the end of the season. How about John Force. Nobody has to put up with this BS. Just the Buick guys.

That doesnt have anything to do with my "And........" TurboBuick.Com also paid to be one of the sponsors and we werent mentioned in the thread. Thats all. I wrote and mailed the check months ago so I know it was sent.

Sorry...I misunderstood you.

I knew you guys had paid. Everybody else probably has too.

One way to find out for sure....they could post a list. I don't think any of the people that are sponsors are ashamed or embarrassed about their contribution.:rolleyes: They probably look at the money as advertisement money. Hell...there should have been a list of sponsor participation from the get-go. Then maybe...just maybe...there would be no BS when its time to pay the people who win.

Then maybe...just maybe...there would be no BS when its time to pay the people who win.

Maybe you could help figure out how a vendor is to pre pay contingency money before a race is raced.

Maybe you could help figure out how a vendor is to pre pay contingency money before a race is raced.

You are right. That would be tough. I don't know.

After the race is raced would be a better time to get paid...

That doesnt have anything to do with my "And........" TurboBuick.Com also paid to be one of the sponsors and we werent mentioned in the thread. Thats all. I wrote and mailed the check months ago so I know it was sent.
Jay the reason you werent mentioned in Jason post is that the vendors listed payed directly after the event win.Your name would be on the list if you had handed HIM the check at the race end.

They all appreciate the money put in by all vendors

Turbo Street Modified

Jay, The reason I didn't add TB.com/ T6p.com to the list is because I have not received any $$ from the TSM points series. Now if you sent money to someone for payouts to the class winners then you may want to check into that.

Maybe what we need is a list of vendors/sponsors and how much they put into the pot. Then have Chris/Lonnie/Scott/Whoever divide it up and pay out accordingly. If it isn't going to be paid until the end of the year as stated above, then make a list of what each racer in the points series will get. Hell, even Don Cruz has stickers all over his perfect car just to make sure to support the sponsors of the class and he has not even received anything in return for his win in Norwalk.

Additionally, there is the point series participation fee that each of the racers paid to be in the series.

Directly from the TSM website.

Turbo Street Modified

Payouts

Per Event:

Racers are competing for cash and prizes. Cash is generally put up by (A) the event organizers and (B) the TSM points series sponsors plus a portion of the racer registration fees. Cash from (A) is available to anyone that competes regardless of their participation in the points series. Cash from (B) is only available to TSM registered racers. Only the winner and runner up receive prizes from (A) whereas the (B) payouts go to the 2 TSM registered racers that place the highest at each event. Sponsors may also offer contingency prizes. See the Sponsors link.

Year End:

1st place - 50%,

2nd place - 35%,

3rd place - 15%.

Funds accumulated from registration fees, major sponsors, and merchandise sales.

Points at each event will be recorded by one of the directors or their designees. Protests should be brought to the attention of the TSM directors, Lonnie Diers and/or Scott Simpson.

Turbo Street Modified

Jay, The reason I didn't add TB.com/ T6p.com to the list is because I have not received any $$ from the TSM points series. Now if you sent money to someone for payouts to the class winners then you may want to check into that.

Maybe what we need is a list of vendors/sponsors and how much they put into the pot. Then have Chris/Lonnie/Scott/Whoever divide it up and pay out accordingly. If it isn't going to be paid until the end of the year as stated above, then make a list of what each racer in the points series will get. Hell, even Don Cruz has stickers all over his perfect car just to make sure to support the sponsors of the class and he has not even received anything in return for his win in Norwalk.

Additionally, there is the point series participation fee that each of the racers paid to be in the series.

Jason please exclude me from your future post. I do not receive money, do not do payouts, don’t figure points, don’t know how much others have contributed. I am for back up tech 2008 and that’s it. I will help when Scott cant be present and quite honestly I don’t even want to do that. I have told you this in person and now in open fourm. After 2008 I am completely out including my sponsorship money for both classes. Unfortunately for me I do understand how it works. I am only comenting because like Jay I am also tired of people acting like I do not contribute.

Jason please exclude me from your future post. I do not receive money, do not do payouts, don’t figure points, don’t know how much others have contributed. I am for back up tech 2008 and that’s it. I will help when Scott cant be present and quite honestly I don’t even want to do that. I have told you this in person and now in open fourm. After 2008 I am completely out including my sponsorship money for both classes. Unfortunately for me I do understand how it works. I am only comenting because like Jay I am also tired of people acting like I do not contribute.

Lonnie, I see your point and I'm just quoting what I was told at the events. I wonder why Chris told the TSM racers directly that you and Scott were handling the payouts for TSM along with the tech?? I consider you a friend I will remove your name, I know you wanted to step away this year.

I would love to list out all the sponsors and thank them for their contributions but I haven't heard that any of the sponsorship money has been paid out.

Gentlmen

It sounds like we have a couple of new volunteers to run TSM. If you guys used you time to get sponsors, collect money, run the events, tally the points and payouts instead of bitching about the class just think how much better it could be! I just can’t understand why people want to complain about the best thing we have going in the Buick racing community. If people are relying on the payouts for gas to get them to and from the track they may want to rethink if they need to be going in the first place.

David

Gentlmen

It sounds like we have a couple of new volunteers to run TSM. If you guys used you time to get sponsors, collect money, run the events, tally the points and payouts instead of bitching about the class just think how much better it could be! I just can’t understand why people want to complain about the best thing we have going in the Buick racing community. If people are relying on the payouts for gas to get them to and from the track they may want to rethink if they need to be going in the first place.

David

That's the smartest thing I've heard anybody say in this entire thread!..:rolleyes:

make the class better by "not bitching"....don't complain about anything...don't rely on the payouts...By George I think you have it!!!

Gentlmen

David

Don't know how I came off bitching about the class. I'm not bitching about the class at all, In fact, unlike most of the TSM racers now; I have been a point’s series member since day 1. I also make the trip to a majority of the TSM points races. I'm just voicing my concerns about the untruths that have been stated directly to my face about the payouts. (Each event-->End of year)

I agree TSM has the best camaraderie of any class ever in the Buick events and the best group of racers that we could ever ask for. I hope that we get better for the next group of racers that are coming up the ranks.

P.S. I told Chris that I wanted to take over the TSM points series at the Columbus BPG race because I know I can at least update the racers points immediately after the races and provide payouts to the racers with pre printed checks before the winners go home from an event.

I know many think I'm just a stupid southern boy, but I do have some smarts.. :)

woodoowhat?

It seems that there is a misunderstanding from what I am reading and a question being posed with vague answers being given in return. This really seem like a simple situation to clear up with a calm head and slow tongue. For example, if sponsor A, sponsor B, and sponsor C pay PER event, and sponsor X, sponsor Y, and sponsor Z (who runs race events and keeps points, tech, etc) pay at the race finals, then simply state that at the start of the season or right now. I think all that is missing here is CLARIFICATION, rather than getting mad and saying b/c i said so,thats the way it is, or getting mad like children and stomping your feet and saying I quit. This is a great buick race series and if ALL of you dont work to keep it going, 10yrs from now you will be sitting around with your friends talking about the race series that we should have not ever let go because of a misunderstand getting everyone pissed off. Can't we all just get along......LOL. All this from a junior member, LOL. I'll be waiting for the boot from the site ....

Wraith