TSM/TSO Payouts???

Wow this is quite a thread. I am not dragging the thread along but giving my thoughts and maybe something for everyone to think about.

Anyway there should never even been a question asked

Finally I keep reading all we did was ask a question. For me that just doesn't cut it. Asking a question can do as much or more harm than a full fledged frontal assault.

Sully

This is a quote from the rules on the TSM website:

"Protests should be brought to the attention of the TSM directors, Lonnie Diers and/or Scott Simpson."

I assume "protest" and "question" would both be "permissable" after reading this. Maybe you can't ask questions....just protest:rolleyes:

Did you read this entire post? The ANSWER was more "assaulting" than the question.

As for myself...I don't want to make enemies in a field I hope to compete with. The community is shrinking. And most of the guys I have met are great to talk to. But how is a fellow supposed to get answers to a question?

Friction makes things go forward. Why does this discussion bring out the worst?...why not just refine an already AWESOME class so that it continues to grow?

Indeed it was Norwalk where I found the winner and runner up envelopes at the Customer Relations office. I thought I picked them up and distributed them, but Don and Steve have reminded me that I simply informed them to go to said office and get their envelopes.

This is a quote from the rules on the TSM website:

"Protests should be brought to the attention of the TSM directors, Lonnie Diers and/or Scott Simpson."

I assume "protest" and "question" would both be "permissable" after reading this. Maybe you can't ask questions....just protest:rolleyes:

Where does it say post your questions or protests on website so everyone can start piliing on?

What you quoted from the TSM site concerns issues with rules and peer teching. It has nothing to do with payouts which is what this thread is about.

Did you read this entire post? The ANSWER was more "assaulting" than the question.

As for myself...I don't want to make enemies in a field I hope to compete with. The community is shrinking. And most of the guys I have met are great to talk to. But how is a fellow supposed to get answers to a question?

Friction makes things go forward. Why does this discussion bring out the worst?...why not just refine an already AWESOME class so that it continues to grow?

There was no answer in my post. It was only my opinion, I call it how I see it and it wasn't intended to make enemies. It is supposed to make people think about their actions.

If you show up at a pro-life meeting and start asking people where you can get an abortion, I am sure there will be quite a reaction. Or show up at a PETA meeting asking the best place to buy fur. For me, saying all I did was ask a question just doesn't justify the response that results.

Friction actually prevents something from going forward not makes it go forword. Enough friction and things stop completely and that is what I am trying to avoid.

Chris have you ever raced in the points series? I can't seem to find your name anywhere on the list of registered racers for the last few years.

My phone number is 601-754-5615. Give me a call whenever you or the people you are speaking of would like to talk. I met you at BPG at the scales during peer tech.

As far as racing the class...I ran TSM at Reynolds last year. Were it not for a broken motor I would have made races this year. I am building the car TSM legal to race this class as we speak...I know I won't win. It won't be a big time set-up. But it'll be fun. QOUTE]

Thanks for the answer. From the info you gave that makes you Chris Cambell.
You are wrong about meeting me at the BPG scales as I never went down to the scales the whole time I was at the BPG.
Now onto my next question for you, do you really think that Scott S. or Chris L. stole money from the points series or was the bank robber picture just meant to be a joke?
Thanks, Kip

I'm pretty sure it was a joke...lol

Kip, the reason why I posted the original question was because I never got a clear cut answer at the track. I don't know if it was because everyone was too busy or what so I posted on the board to give plenty of time for the answer.

Here is what I have so far.

-Chris - gathered sponsorship money for TSM/TSO. Great Job!
-Scott - maintains the points series and collects racer's fees. Great Job! (call me back sometime...)
-Lonnie..- well he isn't in the picture anymore lol (Joking)
-TSM Racers - All Kick Azz except for KFB... (Sorry Kev, Another joke)
-Jason White - In the TSM doghouse..
-Don Cruz - How does it feel?? lol

-The "TSM Points Series" will payout at the end of the year. (All I needed)
-Need to Praise current sponsors for the money that has been donated.
-Need update to track/sponsor payouts for each race similar to what happened at BPG.
-Website needs to be updated so the Racers/Sponsors know/get what they need. Racers need to be updated on what contengiency items are needed (stickers/parts) to collect and where to collect them.
-Chris/Scott/TSM Director-to-be - Ask for help if needed at the track or after the race.

With the right attitude and willingness we can keep moving this class forward.

My only question is why is there going to be a new RRA at BG when, as it turns out, there is no actual reason to justify the change? People did not give money for the BG event that was being used for the point series instead, Jason did get paid what he should have except for the other money he didn't collect on his own like was stated on the GSCA information and on the GSCA Website since Jan. 08, Scott has always done a great job of handling the event logistics, All money going to the event went to the event, Scott doesn't handle sponsors for the points series Chris does, rules stay close enough together that we get to count the race in the points series. I for one don't want to see a set of rules way way different for BG than the rest of the series. Having 3550 weight limit in the series and then 3400 at BG will only cause me to go to the Indiana race or another point series race rather than BG.

So Jim, exactly why is a new RRA needed?

Where does it say post your questions or protests on website so everyone can start piliing on?

What you quoted from the TSM site concerns issues with rules and peer teching. It has nothing to do with payouts which is what this thread is about.

There was no answer in my post. It was only my opinion, I call it how I see it and it wasn't intended to make enemies. It is supposed to make people think about their actions.

If you show up at a pro-life meeting and start asking people where you can get an abortion, I am sure there will be quite a reaction. Or show up at a PETA meeting asking the best place to buy fur. For me, saying all I did was ask a question just doesn't justify the response that results.

Friction actually prevents something from going forward not makes it go forword. Enough friction and things stop completely and that is what I am trying to avoid.

Chris have you ever raced in the points series? I can't seem to find your name anywhere on the list of registered racers for the last few years.

Do I have to have raced in the points series to post here?:confused:

To make another analogy like the abortion one...if you have to pick a school to send your kids...are you gonna ask questions before you prepare your children to go there?

I am in the middle of a project right now and will race the points series next year.

And there again...the question wasn't originally brought up in this forum. And I never said there was place I read... "post here... so people can pile up complaints."

Then again ...nothing said not to either.

If a little politeness and tact were used in the answers given, I doubt this thread would have turned this direction. Everybody got heated up and that's not good for the field.

If you have questions you would like to have answered publicly, I will try my best. If you would like to speak privately my number is posted here. I'm easy to talk to...:smile:

And to give you a direct answer..No, I haven't races the points series.

Gentleman, c'mon why don't we let this one die out as the original issue is getting resolved. Look for a new thread here in the next couple of hours regarding the new RRA for both the Bowling Green and Reynolds TSM Race. I will be announcing it shortly.

Jim C.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke...lol

Kip, the reason why I posted the original question was because I never got a clear cut answer at the track. I don't know if it was because everyone was too busy or what so I posted on the board to give plenty of time for the answer.

Here is what I have so far.

-Chris - gathered sponsorship money for TSM/TSO. Great Job!
-Scott - maintains the points series and collects racer's fees. Great Job! (call me back sometime...)
-Lonnie..- well he isn't in the picture anymore lol (Joking)
-TSM Racers - All Kick Azz especially for KFB... (no joke)
-Jason White - In the TSM doghouse..
-Don Cruz - How does it feel?? lol

-The "TSM Points Series" will payout at the end of the year. (All I needed)
-Need to Praise current sponsors for the money that has been donated.
-Need update to track/sponsor payouts for each race similar to what happened at BPG.
-Website needs to be updated so the Racers/Sponsors know/get what they need. Racers need to be updated on what contengiency items are needed (stickers/parts) to collect and where to collect them.
-Chris/Scott/TSM Director-to-be - Ask for help if needed at the track or after the race.

With the right attitude and willingness we can keep moving this class forward.

Fixed it for ya Jason:D

My only question is why is there going to be a new RRA at BG when, as it turns out, there is no actual reason to justify the change? People did not give money for the BG event that was being used for the point series instead, Jason did get paid what he should have except for the other money he didn't collect on his own like was stated on the GSCA information and on the GSCA Website since Jan. 08, Scott has always done a great job of handling the event logistics, All money going to the event went to the event, Scott doesn't handle sponsors for the points series Chris does, rules stay close enough together that we get to count the race in the points series. I for one don't want to see a set of rules way way different for BG than the rest of the series. Having 3550 weight limit in the series and then 3400 at BG will only cause me to go to the Indiana race or another point series race rather than BG.

The reason for the change is that by having a RRA that is not associated with the points series or another event he is able to devote his time to these two races AND recruiting money, prizes and sponsors for the actual TSM class for these two races and not have to devide his time between both the points series and the race itself. I am also putting someone in there who I believe can and will work to unify a set of rules so as to include both BG and Reynolds into the points series by working with Scott and Chris to make this happen. How can this not benefit the racers? Just relax and watch. It will work out just fine.

Jim C.

Sully, Nothing is changing. It looks like they are just adding another resource. I agree Scott has done a great job but this year things have not worked as well when it comes to the race, tech, and communication.

Contingency sponsors pay toward year end and contigency per event. (that does not mean paid at the event that means figured on a per event basis.) If vendor has contingency requirements (example 2004R and A/C) They will only pay for the cars that meet those requirements and finish 1st and 2nd place. At this point in time that would have been no one. So this vendor owes nothing at this point. Why should he pay up front? We had more than $1000 in contingency that was never paid a few years ago by the vendor simply because the wining racers would not run the vendors sticker (that was only requirement to get paid). Not one racer complied with the vendors contingency requirements of running a sticker so he owed nothing. Why should he have paid up front? This is nothing new and has been this way for years in TSM. Many other races classes do this the same way. This makes it very hard to pre determine what a per event payout will even be. You might think you have $500 on the table to payout and then when the race is in the books you might have $0 which most will find out was the case at BG. The racers did not comply with the requirements for payout. Vendor owed nothing. This does not mean that Vendor did not pay. Simply contingency was not met.

I myself found this out the hard way this year!

Scott Simpson Reading This Thread

I'm sure this was Scott's reaction.

Attachments

• ScottsHeadExplodes.jpg
    ScottsHeadExplodes.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 161