Think I hurt motor?

Nojug

Had my street car out last night mashed on it from a roll, shift light came on for 2-3 and pow. Motor tries to fire it cranks and if you give it gas while cranking it will start than immediatley backfire. Just got car back from dyno yesterday car made 587rwhp at 25psi with 25degrees of timing and 11:4 A/F reving car to 6500. I dont think I broke the crank, or a piston I was thinking broken plug, cam sensor, crank sensor, or MSD. :(

if you still have the stock rocker shafts i would check that. i had a similar problem happen to me as well as this happen to jamericanss (check his post for pics). cyl# 6 snaps off the last rocker shaft.

Pull the cam sensor cap and check the interuptor disc. It may have broken the tab and moved the cam signal. You have to look at it very closely and even pull it out to check it right.

Also the balancer could be wobbling and hitting the crank position sensor. From my recent experience with a broken balancer and searching the boards.

Nojug said:
Had my street car out last night mashed on it from a roll, shift light came on for 2-3 and pow. Motor tries to fire it cranks and if you give it gas while cranking it will start than immediatley backfire. Just got car back from dyno yesterday car made 587rwhp at 25psi with 25degrees of timing and 11:4 A/F reving car to 6500. I dont think I broke the crank, or a piston I was thinking broken plug, cam sensor, crank sensor, or MSD. :(

I guess what goes around comes around.

Just One Word "POSTAL"

Maybe its the rods. I have a nice banged up set you stuck me with. If its not the rods hopefully it will be something that's expensive to fix.

Jason

Not sure what you were trying to pull there but my rods were perfect. I talked to numerous peolple that said you had a buch of Carrillo rods. So dont try to confuse the ones I sent with your junk ones.

Nojug said:
Not sure what you were trying to pull there but my rods were perfect. I talked to numerous peolple that said you had a buch of Carrillo rods. So dont try to confuse the ones I sent with your junk ones.

Just because some one has a bunch of Carrilo rods doesn't mean you have the right to sell them your junk pieces. If your statement is true in the sense that " my rods were perfect" then you did a F@#$ed job packing them and shipping them. Remember, your responsibility as a seller is NOT over as soon as you ship, you also have make sure that the package arrives to the destination safely as you described. When it showed up, it was all dinged up. From your actions, which there were none, it tells us that you knew what you were doing, therefore you just wanted to screw anybody that comes your way for their money.
Jason is a good friend of mine, and a great guy. He is as honest as they come. I hate to see him or any of my friends get screwed. Therefore, I will stick up for them. You may still have a chance to make things right. The least you could have done was respond to his emails and taken care of the matter. UPS came and looked at the damaged pieces. They would have covered the cost but the shipper had to make the claim. Maybe you made the claim and kept that money as well.

Prasad

Just find it a little hard to believe that everything was in the same box but some how the crank had no damage. Each rod was wrapped by itself and in a crankshaft box. There is also two members on this board that where their when it was packaged. UPS said they would only insure it if the box was damaged and not accepted by the reciever once the box is recieved it is out of their hands. And if the box was damaged he probably should have opened it before UPS left. Check with Rick Harper he bought a block from me he will tell you how metaculous I package my stuff.

Just find it a little hard to believe that everything was in the same box but some how the crank had no damage.

An H-beam Carrillo rod's .100" rib vs a 40 some pound crankshafts snout.....

Each rod was wrapped by itself and in a crankshaft box.

The piece of newspaper each rod was wrapped with really absorbed the blow well....

Its much easier to assume that a fellow board member with a good reputation is trying to pull a fast one than to imagine that UPS figured out a way to make a 40 lb forged steal crank nick up two rods (actaully dented one).

The package was issured ALL you had to do was help me file the claim. I paid you and I paid for the issured shipping. You in turn put the issurance on the package. UPS F'd it up, they inspected it, they seen the beat up box, and they said the claim should go through. I took the claim as far as I could but the final step HAD to be done on your end. You paid to ship, and you paid for the insurance on your end. The damage claim had to go through you and the UPS store you shipped it out from.

You would not return my phone calls, my emails, or my PM's. I even had UPS try to contact you. You had my money though and either didn't give a crap or UPS did get ahold of you and you made the claim for yourself.

Do not EVER walk up to me and introduce yourself.

Jason

Wow, Jason I figured that deal would have been taken care of already. For those who know Jason, he is not a B.S'er and those rods should be taken care of by Nojug. Looks like we should turn the heat up a little.

Ted this is by far the most insane deal I've ever been caught up in. He did put the insurance on the package like he was supposed to. He was just too damn lazy or just plain didn't give a crap enough about it to help me get the claim filed. I pushed the claim as far as I could, I had it to the point that he just had to go into the UPS store and sign the form that was already filed.

Jason

postal said:
He was just too damn lazy or just plain didn't give a crap enough about it to help me get the claim filed.

Jason

Well, I am sorry to hear about this.

Sounds like you may of hit the nail on the head with your above statement. Is there a way to find out if the claim was actually paid out to the seller?