Need help -Just Bought an 84 GN - Not running?

I have re-arranged the spark plug wires on the coil pack - Thanks turboburick.... How can I ensure that I have good ground to the coil pack? Also, I bought a new crank sensor and harness for an 87, so I will need to know how to wire this up to my 84, if anybody knows. I will be reviewing schematics too (Crank sensor is special order from O'Rileys and takes 5-7 days to receive). I will going through wiring until then... Thanks for all the help guys...
put test light on battery and touch coil pack bracket for ground. Then measure resistance between battery negative and coil pack bracket.

I have re-arranged the spark plug wires on the coil pack - Thanks turboburick.... How can I ensure that I have good ground to the coil pack? Also, I bought a new crank sensor and harness for an 87, so I will need to know how to wire this up to my 84, if anybody knows. I will be reviewing schematics too (Crank sensor is special order from O'Rileys and takes 5-7 days to receive). I will going through wiring until then... Thanks for all the help guys...
IIRC ( i did this conversion, before I gave up and went IC) I had a CONVERTING harness that allowed me to plug the 3 prong connector off the 84 harness to the new style, then into the 87 crank sensor. I read you got a new harness, it need to be the conversion harness. If you need one let me know, I may still have one. Oh, and then you need to make sure to gap the sensor to exciter ring .025...or the thickness of a cut up credit card.

IIRC ( i did this conversion, before I gave up and went IC) I had a CONVERTING harness that allowed me to plug the 3 prong connector off the 84 harness to the new style, then into the 87 crank sensor. I read you got a new harness, it need to be the conversion harness. If you need one let me know, I may still have one. Oh, and then you need to make sure to gap the sensor to exciter ring .025...or the thickness of a cut up credit card.

Thanks Toby- I have the harness that plugs into the 87 style sensor. I don't have the conversion harness (I could use it). It looked like these wires have been spliced already, so I need to make sure that the whole circuit is correct as well. I will check the ground resistance tonight.

Casper's Electronics actually has a correct 84/85 sensor and bracket for $107.80. I would rather do this than hack up the wiring to make the 86/87 sensor work especially since it's in an area that gets wet (puns welcome lol).

http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?products_id=957
UPDATE! She's Alive - Turns out the came sensor had spliced wiring and one of the butt connectors had come apart. I still replaced the cam and crank sensors. After 20 years of not starting, she's running rough. The oil/choke idiot lights comes one, then the check engine light comes on after 5 minutes of running. Almost sounds like the oil pump. I need to flush the oil out and use something that will clean the internals.

good deal you got it running, i'd get rid of the splices and solder those wires so they don't vibrate loose again.

It is possible to remove the oil pan without moving the engine. You may have to rotate the crank. I would seriously consider flushing that + R&I and flush the oil pickup tube.