20+ year owner gets ripped off, desperately needs help.

Should I name the shop in case board members cars are there?

• Heck Yes!! G.N. owners stick together!!!

Votes: 90 98.9%
  • Heck No!! Who likes a rat?

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
We have another local TR guy named Billy Duke from Benbrook that does tuning and has a shop there. Please don't confuse the two of them.

We have another local TR guy named Billy Duke from Benbrook that does tuning and has a shop there. Please don't confuse the two of them.

That is Duke McClains shop down on 377. They do excellent work and are NOTHING like the other place.
Mad Props for the benbrook establishment. I would trust them if I needed work done.

That is Duke McClains shop down on 377. They do excellent work and are NOTHING like the other place.
Mad Props for the benbrook establishment. I would trust them if I needed work done.
What is the name o Duke McClain's shop? I live in Irving and might want to check him out.

Mac's Performance
He has a facebook page. Not sure about a website.

I met a random guy Bryant from Keller in a maroon 86 TT tonight (first TR in the wild in a few years here). I stopped and talked to him for a few minutes about his car. He also paid Bill Duke (sorry op the cats out the bag anyway) to add some power adders (turbo etc). The work was not completed and his stock turbo was MIA. His car was there for 3 years, yes 3 freakin years. and still unfinished. He also had to tow his car out of there. I gave him Mac's Performance and Jack's info. I've made sure all the car people I know not to mention his name at all. It's a shame his personal life has taken such a toll on his passion for turbo Buicks.

Thanks Rich! I wanted to make sure nobody was confused between the two. Good Duke Evil Duke Grand National Stars Wars LMAO!!!

Should of dumped his sorry ass in one of the grain elevators lol. He has ripped off at least 9 people I know of the past couple of years for quite a pile of cash. The police never really do anything except tell you it's a civil matter to be dealt with in court. I wish all you guys would contact the Tarrant County D/A and bring a lawsuit against him to put him out of business for good. This thread should be moved to the Texas section of the board so other locals will be informed who this is.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/dukes-paint-and-body-in-fort-worth.418956/

This place has been called out in the Texas section. I thought everyone has gotten the memo on them but more keep popping up. Sad because 20 yrs ago this place did good work. Now not so much. Just big promises and lots of missing parts, lies and tr owners getting the shaft.

Did you check the mileage in and out to make sure this car wasn't driven and beat on in all that amount of time?
That's a long time for a car to be in any shop for any amount of work..
Yes and detailed pics of the car before and during pick up. Just in case....

I just don't get how someone leaves a car at a shop for over two years WTH??
What takes two years to do on a car that can't be done in one month????????
I know..... looking back I can't believe I allowed it to happen either. Your talking to a man that keeps his car covered inside a heated garage LOL

The excuses were always someone else's fault. Example..... originally I was to get a RJC front mount. He said they made them in 'lots' and had to wait for others to order to make them. The BS3 had bad injector drivers and sent back 2 times. Throttle blade in 70mm throttle body had burr causing it to not close. Running out of fuel needed new fuel pump. Always waiting on a vendor..... And yes during this time I started to smell a rat. But at first I wasn't sure pissing off someone working on my baby was the best strategy. I wanted him to finish and would never go back there again. He didn't even do that. Instead I got ripped off, a car back in pieces, missing screws and almost blows the exhaust off when fired. Yes the whole fiasco was FUBAR!! Hindsight is 20/20

Karma's a biatch! Someday, someone will rip his head off....
When I took that pic at Duke's I had already picked my car up. I had just showed up to try to catch him there since he quit answering his phone. SOMEONE ELSE called the cops on a different matter. His story was something with his son. The truth someone pulled a gun on him the night before!!! He must sleep with one eye open.

I haven't even BEGUN to deal with him yet. Not until I can get my GN running and verify no damage. Remember he said my car and his shop were broken into... that is criminal, as is fraud. Not to mention the civil part.....

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/dukes-paint-and-body-in-fort-worth.418956/

This place has been called out in the Texas section. I thought everyone has gotten the memo on them but more keep popping up. Sad because 20 yrs ago this place did good work. Now not so much. Just big promises and lots of missing parts, lies and tr owners getting the shaft.

Update: I'm pretty sure I got the BS3 end sorted out this weekend. I ordered a TPS sensor cap and fix kit (just incase the tab is broken off ) from Kirban. Hopefully he can get it to me by this weekend. I believe when Rich comes over and we verify all the sensors are set, she will fire up. But I am suspect of the tab in CAM sensor since I have never replaced this. Fingers crossed!!!

Yup, im the one that called him out. Gave me a story of how he raced a 9 sec car sometime back. Im sure he did, but 1st thing i noticed was all the youngsters hanging around. Red flag #1. Number 2, his shop was a pigpen and too many damn cars. Bottom-line...everything that he did, i ended up paying attention, asking dumb questions here, and having excellent members help me redo it.

I have one of those rjc cam sensor fix pieces if we need it and yours doesn't come. I got my car to the driveway. Now I can get it up n running to keep the city off my back. The city guy told my wife one of the neighbors calls every day to complain about my trailer parked in my driveway. It is legal. He said he wishes they would leave a number so he could tell them to quit calling about it.

I have my son up to speed. We should be able to come out on sat.

Yup, im the one that called him out. Gave me a story of how he raced a 9 sec car sometime back. Im sure he did, but 1st thing i noticed was all the youngsters hanging around. Red flag #1. Number 2, his shop was a pigpen and too many damn cars. Bottom-line...everything that he did, i ended up paying attention, asking dumb questions here, and having excellent members help me redo it.
I don't have unlimited time but if you need help let us know. I'm sure we can get it fixed up.

Duke was the man for fast car's in the 90's so much that everyone around here in DFW knows about him and still refers his name when it comes to TR's,Vette's, Syclone/Typhoon, etc. He could paint just as good it just took several months cause people where in line waiting. From what I understand problems with his wife and the divorce from her has taken it's toll on him which is why he has never caught up or know longer cares about his reputation. I grew up in Saginaw in the 80's and that place was always packed with TR's. Him and Richard Clark are the reason why I got into these cars in the first place over 20 years ago. There will be countless more people popping up with problems with him. Lots of owners who don't visit this site or know not to trust him. Every single TR person I meet in the wild has had their car there at some point with the same shitty results the past 10 years. Some have even sold their cars after the experience with Duke. I'm just glad I'm not a victim of this!