20+ year owner gets ripped off, desperately needs help.

Should I name the shop in case board members cars are there?

• Heck Yes!! G.N. owners stick together!!!

Votes: 90 98.9%
  • Heck No!! Who likes a rat?

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Here is the kind of work from Jack Laswell in Royce city TX. Tr6, coils & wires custom layout. Jack's work is second to none !!!

photo 1 - Copy.JPG

photo 2 - Copy.JPG

I like that coil pack set up , any info on it ?

Its Bailey's TR6 with individual GM coils mounted to the top of the TR6 box with anodized spacers and appropriate hardware.
Jack would have more specific details.

Need some advice .... I was working with PT&E on the phone checking connections etc. Well to make a long story short.... with the key on, one of the coils was "boiling" (audibly) and smoking hot to touch. The other 2 ice cold. So I know I have a bad module and probably coil pack. Do I buy factory replacements or do I add another variable to my problem and buy the TR6? That is if TR6 works with a Big Stuff 3.

I have a spare set you can swap out to see if that's the issue.
Thanks Shawn!!! Rich and Jason are coming over Saturday morning with a truck full of sensors, coIL pack, module and a ton of knowledge. If you get bored and want to join the party drop me a line and I'll send you the address. Should be a good time..

Gotta keep those brown truck running!! Some other time then. Maybe this summer when weather is nice I'll have a TR party over here. I'll make sure your name on the list.

Update....... Texas T and Jason came over and we went to work.

The coil and module were toast, CAM sensor 180 out and FP regulator shot. We tossed on a stocker, and she would fire and try to run but only a few seconds. We think the rest is in tuning the BS3. I will be on the phone with PT&E next week and hopefully she will fire up.

After seeing how little was left of the o rings on the FP regulator. I can only imagine the condition of the rest of the fuel system. So after she will start and idle, but before I drive. It's upgrade time. New adjustable FP regulator, 60lbs injectors and fuel pump. Instead of replacing the factory coil/module, I'm seriously considering the TR 6 ignition.

Even though we didn't get her to run (sooooo close, she wants to!!) I had a great time making new friends with genuine people. And after my bad experiences in the past, it has renewed my faith in humanity.

Hopefully she will be back on the road by spring............ I've got some neighborhood kids to put on notice (notamontess)!!!!

I thought it was a great time.

I'm sorry we couldn't get it to run. It was close. I'm still not sure it had enough fuel pressure , sorry my gauge wouldn't work. But the fact that the noid light didn't flash sez to me we aren't getting fuel into the cylinder. I hope the bs3 stuff can be figured out. Ill try to do some reading on that link I texted to you. Maybe Pete will be able to give you something simple and it will fire up.

We will definitely have to get together again. It was good to see Jason and meet you.

Reactions: BMR
After weeks of checking/adding grounds, rewiring, sensor resetting and revised start programs...... She's alive!!!! I want to thank everyone for their council and encouragement, all of which made this possible. Perseverance!!! The powermaster is shot and she is far from road ready. But now I have something to work with and the fun begins!!

congratulations.

It’s amazing what can be accomplished once you have descent people help out.

D

That's great news! Patience is a virtue but persistence to the point of success is a blessing! I'm glad for you!

Right now I have GN's from Texas, Colorado, California, Northern AZ, Southern AZ, plus a few local ones as well. In the past I have fixed and built GN's from as far away as the East coast.

The reason they were brought here as no one, or shop, in their areas have been able to get them running properly.

Their problem is people/shops which claim to be "experts" are BS'ers just wanting to take your money.

There are VERY few places around the country with the knowledge, expertise and willingness to properly fix or build a 30 year old TR, much less do it at a fair and reasonable cost.

I am not soliciting work as I always have more than enough GN's, and that is the only cars I do, but it pisses me off that shops and people screw up these cars, as well a screwing the owners with their lies and GREED. :mad:
Nick i agree 100% gn guys need to stick with gn mechanics. Use a shop thats been there done that. You dont take a car to a shop wanting an 8sec car built if they have never done one before. The bs3 xfi are all great system you just need to find a shop that plays with them. Like nick said there are cars in our shop from all over the country for a reason. And im not trying to be cocky but it is what it is when you are eating breathing these cars for this long there is nothing you cant fix. Not sure of your location but we can help if needed

Sad as it sounds the guy he took it to had a stellar reputation at one time. He had a9 second car and did awesome paint and body work . He did the side of my pickup after my girlfriend got hit by a motorcycle, and fixed a roof/pillar on a buddies T after he hit one of those pipe barricades and goofed his car up. Both came out looking like new. But this was Twenty years ago. Sadly it isn't run like that any longer and they are living off the past. Too bad as they really did good work back then.

As Rich stated I DID take my car to a GN mechanic. Someone I met at a GN event and recommended by fellow GN owners. But it didn't stop him from flat ripping me off!!!! Yes for awhile I was CONSUMED with rage. Every time I found dead mice and turds, bolts - brackets and parts missing, parts that weren't mine, wires hand twisted together and covered with split loom. I wanted to hunt him down and beat him till I couldn't lift my arms!!! Sometimes I had set my tools down and walk my property just to cool down and keep from smashing something. Then Rich and Jason came over and from that point on..... everything changed. I can't change the past, it is what it is. Time to move on. I have goals to meet with my GN and the process has started. I already have a room half full of RJC - Kirban - Full Throttle & G body parts. Although it may take me a few years..... I look forward to the day I can drive her to events and meet like minded souls. Get busy Livin' or get busy Dying!!