20+ year owner gets ripped off, desperately needs help.

Should I name the shop in case board members cars are there?

• Heck Yes!! G.N. owners stick together!!!

Votes: 90 98.9%
  • Heck No!! Who likes a rat?

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
The BS3 was what I thought would work best for me to tune it. If you include the incurred costs and the fact I had to buy (2) BS3 that was $10,000 dropped. I'm not a rich man and my wallet is still smoking LOL
That's criminal. Whoever did this to you is a complete scum bag.

I'm guessing she's not there for the turbos..........
20150925_110338.jpg
s.......

Welcome to the board
I am moving to Midol next week once I get the new house settled I would be willing to come buy and have a look.
I am finishing the install of my new engine now and know a little about these cars but have a friend who is very knowledgeable.

Welcome to the board
I am moving to Midol next week once I get the new house settled I would be willing to come buy and have a look.
I am finishing the install of my new engine now and know a little about these cars but have a friend who is very knowledgeable.

Welcome to the area neighbor!! Moved here almost 4 years ago and still settling in LOL. Drop me a line sometime, would love to see your ride.

Update.... I'm working with Pete from PT&E to confirm everything on the BS3 end is 100%. Texas T has offered to come help cover the GN sensor part. I'm confident the ole' girl will live and breathe again!!

Update.... I'm working with Pete from PT&E to confirm everything on the BS3 end is 100%. Texas T has offered to come help cover the GN sensor part. I'm confident the ole' girl will live and breathe again!!

Pete is a knowledgeable guy. Best of luck. Sorry to hear about you getting burned. I think a lot of us have been in your shoes at some point and it sucks.

Lost storage on my GS so I have to go get it sat am and fit it into my garage. If you want we can try for sun or push to next w/e. Let me know. I am in s Arlington near the parks mall at cooper and I20.

Lived in Arlington all my life until I moved here. Let's do next Saturday if possible. I work 3rd shift and have to go to work Sunday nights. That way you have enough time to move you car. I'll use this weekend to finish sorting out BS3 and getting my interior back in. Good luck with the move.

Pete is a knowledgeable guy. Best of luck. Sorry to hear about you getting burned. I think a lot of us have been in your shoes at some point and it sucks.
Thanks Man. It seems getting burned is a rite of passage these days. Makes you really appreciate when your in the company of genuine people that share your passion.

I'm guessing she's not there for the turbos..........View attachment 270648 s.......
Should of dumped his sorry ass in one of the grain elevators lol. He has ripped off at least 9 people I know of the past couple of years for quite a pile of cash. The police never really do anything except tell you it's a civil matter to be dealt with in court. I wish all you guys would contact the Tarrant County D/A and bring a lawsuit against him to put him out of business for good. This thread should be moved to the Texas section of the board so other locals will be informed who this is.

Surprised Pete is helping. He seems to shy away from the community anymore. Consider yourself lucky.

Did you check the mileage in and out to make sure this car wasn't driven and beat on in all that amount of time?
That's a long time for a car to be in any shop for any amount of work..

Proto - I have always been blown away members have been able to go so fast with basically an "Atari" running things LOL. Burning chips, an early Scanmaster, and running a low impedence injector computer. The car ran ok but the 55lb, lumpy 218 cam and 9" convertor made it a brute. It needed refinement, like a modern EFI with wide band o2. BS3 was a personal preference from a John Meaney fan. I'm sure the Fast system is great also.

On the BS3 start program. I checked some basic maps, timing - fuel etc. and all was filled out. Pete from PT&E seemed very nice and knowledgeable. All sensors are reading on the display maps so car is hooked in.

I'm leaning towards a cam sensor issue, to check do you buy the tester from Casper or another way? Until I'm sure of this I will not fire. Saw no evidence it has been messed with and all looks original.

For the past 12 years I have lived my life 1/4 mile at a time LOL.

Senior citizen - I have the stock ecm, but it was at the bottom of a pile of parts in dudes shop. Now its all dented up and when u shake it body filler dust falls out. It's no longer trust worthy.

BuRick - Will double check all the vac lines. I will probably replace them as they are all old and crusty. Yes priority one is to verify the cam sensor and compression stroke are in sync. How is this accomplished?

Danster and DMAC - Although the votes speak for themselves, out of respect for this board and it's staff I will not name the shop here. UNLESS.... With the staff's blessing will post a picture of my car there and his sign is visible. If they do not respond or you still just have to know. Feel free to contact me at my personal e-mail (same as username @Hotmail.com) and I will tell you privately.

Rag231 - Checked parameters to best of my limited ability and all was well. Not sure how to tell V6 vs V8 parameters. Considering this was a plug and play specifically made for the 86-87 GN I hope they know it's a V6 LOL

Nick - You are one of my heros LOL. You hit the nail on the head. good help is hard to find. And pre internet days (I feel so old now lol) A guy named Jason at the local Super Shops had a 10 sec GN and recommended this shop, as did other GN owners I met. My plan (since my old rebuild has low miles) was to get all the good bolt on stuff on and sorted out. Suspension (love the GNS performance car setup ) - new bb turbo - modern DP and SINGLE wastegate lol and alcohol injection. Hoped this would be enough to squeeze a high 10 for Pops. Then drive and enjoy the car for awhile. With a long term goal of taking my car to a shop like yours, dropping the coin to have an aluminum roller built to run lower 10's set on kill and turn down to reliably run high 10's. Todays modern cars are so powerful now. The neighborhood kids now have ZL1 Camaros and SR8 Challengers. Since I've cleared my land the garage is now visible from the street. One kid in a blown mustang laid rubber the entire length of the front of my property and I have 3.5 acres!! Stiff competition!!

BEATAV8 - Checked the plug wire to coil pack firing order - TPS read .5 volts. New 3 bar MAP. But I did notice on the laptop the reading was bouncing small increments and boost bounced from 0 to .5. The BS3 harness hooks into this green wire in the dash. Possible moving the harness around loosened the splice, will verify. Throughout the years I have changed all the sensors except CAM, its original.

Troll sniper - Yes I have stock replacement coil/ ignition. The "Guru" had a bad habit of pulling parts off running GNs there to trouble shoot non running ones. So you never knew if you got your "exact" parts back. I did not check the coil to module wiring as they were in one piece when I installed them, only plugged in. Maybe I should do this?

Everyone - Even though I love my GN dearly, with all the issues I've had it's been more grief than joy. Blown head gaskets - ballooned orange crush convertor - harmonic balancer not torqued flying into old factory intercooler - newly rebuilt engine losing oil pressure and eating the bearings and turbo (dude said oil pump cover gears) I could go on and on. And each time I had the same dude rebuild and add better parts. He had me convinced it wasn't him just a byproduct of making power with a hybrid V6 turbo. It's why I parked it 20 years ago. Looking back I can't believe I was so stupid. Shame on me for going back to him again. If you notice in my garage pic I also have a 1950 chevy fleetline, my second one. It has an LS motor & tranny - 4 wheel disc etc. Thought low and slow was they way to go. I had mementally given up on the GN and beating Pops.

The very last conversation I had with my Pops was about the GN. He pointed out that although I was distraught, I never sold it. And said with confidence WHEN I beat his time, he would be there in spirit to cheer me on. So this is a very emotional issue to me as well. Between the art prints, halograms, diecasts, shirts, banners and everything else. I realized I'm a lifetime owner!! The 1950 chevy will be for sale in the spring to fund the cause.

Sorry for the long response, will try to keep future ones more brief. After sharing all this personal stuff you guys are practically family now LOL. Thanks for taking the time to read this, the emotional support and help.
X2 on Jack Laswell. He is located in Royse City. Phone # 972-412-9000. I've had a lot of work done by him. He's kinda pricey, but you get what you pay for.

I just don't get how someone leaves a car at a shop for over two years WTH??
What takes two years to do on a car that can't be done in one month????????