The Winner of the 2007 Toys 4 Tots Charity Drive Is!

well its good to see someone that has been on the board awhile won it. i would have been pissed off if it was someone with 10 posts and all the post where for the car. anyways enjoy the new ride and congrats once again

I'm feeling a bit empty, here. Only $12k with 3000+ entries?

Apparently some folks kinda missed the spirit of this thing. It is a fund raiser for the less fortunate. This was an opportunity to give with a long shot of being rewarded for your generosity, not to reap benefits for nothing. I KNOW many folks donated more than $5 per, which means many more skimmed. At least 700 times. Friggin' takers. Took a good thing and F'ed it up.

I would be AMAZED if this was to be done again, but if by some weird circumstance it does, I'll pledge right now to double my donation. IMO, next time, make it a raffle. I would be happy to help with the administration of that.

Mods and Brian and everyone who donated $ or parts or time, I say good job. It was an honorable thing you did.

To everyone who didn't...

Sorry for the dark cloud, but this kinda stuff really gets to me.
Wow! With the economy the way it is today and all the families that have adjustable mortgages sky rocketing and alot of places with sales down do to the economy you still have people like you and the lady I seen on TV saying they were down in donations at there church this year that people need to step up more and give! The only thing that came to mind was: Look around at the Crunch that MOST people are going through this year and they have the gull to go on national tv and ask for more! Just because of a good year it don't automatically mean it has to top it the following year.. :mad: If your so well to do, I guess You should have made up the differance of your expectations!! Look up! You just might see a dark cloud above you!!

This isn't barrett jackson for god sakes... :rolleyes:

Brian sorry for the rant!! But Brian and everyone who spent long hours and who did step up to accomplish that beautifull car have done a very special thing and it will be appreciated by the new owner and most of all The Children!

This car was done with donations of products and labor for a good cause and was accomplished. regaurdless of the amount in the end, sure more the better! but over $12,000 for charity really isn't too shabby!

Way to go guy's !!!!!!!!!! ;)

I haven't seen the finished pics yet :D From what Brian said this a.m., they haven't had much time to post pictures because they have been spending so much time on the TFT car.

If your so well to do, I guess You should have made up the differance of your expectations!!

Not my job, and I couldn't afford it.:) To honor Brian's request, I'll keep it positive on this thread and keep my negativity to myself. :)

Again, great job, guys, and you'll have my support next year.

scot w., you have a PM.

Merry Christmas, all,

Dean

I have an idea that I dont know if it was posted yet but, how about on the next give-away car if there is one, make it only available to board members with 50 or more posts. I just think i would have been really really bummed to see the car go to Joe Schmo that doesnt even care about Turbo Buicks. Just an idea! --------Jeremy

I'm feeling a bit empty, here. Only $12k with 3000+ entries?

Apparently some folks kinda missed the spirit of this thing. It is a fund raiser for the less fortunate. This was an opportunity to give with a long shot of being rewarded for your generosity, not to reap benefits for nothing. I KNOW many folks donated more than $5 per, which means many more skimmed. At least 700 times. Friggin' takers. Took a good thing and F'ed it up.

I would be AMAZED if this was to be done again, but if by some weird circumstance it does, I'll pledge right now to double my donation. IMO, next time, make it a raffle. I would be happy to help with the administration of that.

Mods and Brian and everyone who donated $ or parts or time, I say good job. It was an honorable thing you did.

To everyone who didn't...

Sorry for the dark cloud, but this kinda stuff really gets to me.

+1 3,000+ ENTRIES and only $12,000 . With 20,000+ members:mad: Alot of people are worried they are not going to win car when that is not the point of all this.All the people that had anything to do with this are top notch. moderators/vendors and brian at gbodyparts and of course all the people that donated $$$$. There is a special place in heaven for all of you. lets do it again next year. I wish i lived near gbody.I would have been there every night helping.I have to say anyone that ever bad mouths brian or mods on this site have some big balls. My hat is off to all of you. This is a great site with a great bunch of people. God has blessed all you. GREAT JOB:biggrin:

Congrats on winning the car!

Alot of time and money went into this ride, donating vendors should feel very proud that they helped so many young kids.

Glenn--congrats on the win, of course, but special thanks to TB, Brian & all the other vendors that participated in this great event!

Most of the philosophical points have already been made--so I won't belabor some of those salient points again.

Just for the record, I would NOT have sold that blue-beauty either & would have certainly laid-down & reported some "good times" at the track--or broke something trying.

Again, thanks to all involved for a tremendous idea well-executed...

I haven't seen the finished pics yet :D From what Brian said this a.m., they haven't had much time to post pictures because they have been spending so much time on the TFT car.

Sorry I missed your call last night. From your message I am even happier you won the car. You seemed so genuinely thrilled! I will call you back. Merry Christmas and enjoy the car!

my good friend t-type-x1 turned me on to the site recently,i think you guys r pretty cool the way u share info and tech,and the way every one looks out 4 each other!! thats why im here. thanks

congratulations on winning the car, and to Shane also: 12,000 will help a lot of kids!

I could probably double next year. Won't be able to keep up at this rate every year, though. OUCH