TESTING YOUR TURBO REGAL KNOWLEDGE -

Dennis Kirban

No prizes involved:

Here is the technical question: What is the connection with the 1986 T-Type Regal, 1987 Turbo-T and a deer with antlers?

Besides the fact some of you myself included have hit one or two of them. My son actually nailed one head on with a three wheeler in the dark. Scary experience to say the least.

The contest starts now:

The answer appears in this upcoming mid week inner circle which comes out Wednesday.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Humorous answers but no one has struck the connection yet.

I guess the brain trust has not stumbled on this thread yet...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

actually it was something I just discovered so it was not something I knew about until recently...

Anyone of them will leave you with only a buck.

Mike B.

Deer are/have been in the Buick badges and logos over the years

BINGO A WINNER...Every 1986-1987 T Type and Turbo-T original center caps and the ornament on the header panel has the Buick tri-shield emblem in the top rite of the three shields is a deer with antlers....

Buick had several versions of the tri-shield basically two versions have the red white blue and in those colors some had the deer with antlers and some symbol at the bottom of each shield and some don't,

The Grand National if you look close has the tri-shield emblem in the horn center without seeing one not sure if deer is in that version.

So if the question comes up in the future...yes a deer with antlers can be seen on an original T-Type and Turbo-T....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The correct answer was my first inclination but I was looking for some picture "proof". I thought I might have seen one some years ago.

Anyway, can you post a pic of this deer on the emblem?

As for the request for photos unfortunately I lack those skills of posting photos however tomorrow that inner circle email goes upon our website and also if you subscribe to it (its FREE) you will see photos of several versions of the Buick tri-shield and a bit of history surrounding.

Many of the new Buick models have a huge plastic chrome tri shield on their trunk lid today. The deer with the antlers to say the least is crude looking in the tri-shield emblem.

Most major companies never really tweak them logos much over years because it is so recognized. Example the BMW one even if they left out the letters BMW in that emblem you would all know what it means. Mercedes their emblem can best be described as a chicken foot.

One particular car make that is no longer made is Packard. Their logo or trademark was I believe a six sided red symbol that appeared virtually on every model in some form usually on the hub caps.

Corvette over the years tweaks their emblem to reflect the new C models and with the 2014 have added the word sting ray to bring back some history with the 63-67 sting rays...

While the trishield Buick emblem may be a second thought to turbo owners it was the Hawk in Flight that was mostly used in TV and printed ads during the 1980s....

end of history lesson...

there will be a test tomorrow!

kidding

denniskirban@yahoo.com

IN my private collection I have an actual dealer trishield display measures about 4 feet in diameter probably weighs over 100lbs and is back lit behind the trishields.