ONE SPECIAL REUNION

Dennis Kirban

Our Open House next Saturday April 22nd has now become very special to me.

Besides hitting the 30 year mark Matt Goglucci a Turbo Regal owner from NJ is bringing his father. If you get my inner circle emails his father was the photographer for the 17th Avation Group in Nha Trang Vietnam that I replace in 1966.

In other words its been over 50 years since we saw each other. This is pretty cool. Matt and Vince are coming to my Open House. A flood of memories that are hard to describe......not to mention the shear coincidence that 50 years later his son has a Turbo Regal and buys parts from us.

Those that are coming to our Open House get to witness this special occasion first hand......

Vince is still a photographer today. I of course still take photos and I became the editor for the 17th Aviation Group in Nha Trang. As readers know I still write articles today.....back then I did it on a typewriter and photos was all black and white. I used a German Rollei camera took 2 1/2 or 2 1/4 inch negatives can;'t member which.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

It be nice to see a photo album if you have one from back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have some items from then including some of the newsletters I wrote as far as photos go I have some of them mostly very small ones.

I photographed mostly award cermonies and accidents so cause could be determined....I remember being as close to General Westmoreland like he was nobody special taking pictures.....as a 19 year old it just don't sink in til years later how neat those opportunities where.

Nha Trang was on the coast beautiful area....because of my job I could walk right out on the run ways and take photos of the various air crafts huge planes called I think the Flying Tigers the nose cone would open up.....rode in many C123 and C130s and helicopters

Will see what I can find

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I also still have my short timers stick..will have that on display....

Kirban Update

I did find a bunch of photos and even newsletters that I wrote for the 17th Aviation Group in 1967/68. I even fund a photo of me and Vince Goglucci!!!!!

So we will have a small display....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

photos are in color so I think I sent the negatives home to my Dad to have them developed as I can't member if you could develop color film in Vietnam....back then.