By The Numbers Open House Results

Dennis Kirban

Last Saturdays Open House marked 30 years

12 dozen (144) Yum Yum donuts gone in under 2 hours I didn't get one.

the 50/50 cash contest netted the winner $501 that is what he took home. (That more than paid for his trip)

Donated raffle items totaled over $4500 and took just under 2 hours to give away.

The No Reserve auction was a huge hit ironically the winner bidder on the Epitome GNX #137 with matching #137 art print owns 137 GNX in real life! That created a round of applause.

The long distance was one by GN Rick drove his GN from Illinois to our shop.

We had about a dozen people for dinner the nite before.

Over 1,500 raffle tickets were purchased.

I estimate 125 to 150 people came even wit the weather being iffy.

After 50 years I meant Vince who I had replaced as a photographer in Vietnam. Ironically, also at our event was one of our Vietnam customers who grew up near where we both served.....it was quite an emotional time for me. It was Vince's one son who is a customer of ours that was the connecting piece of the puzzle.

My wife Eileen made up a beautiful display board which included a picture of me and Vince in front of the 17th Aviation Headquarters in Nha Trang Vietnam in 1967.....we were both a lot younger then. I was 19. I been in contact with several magazines that may do a article on this unusual occasion.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

After reading the above you can see what you missed last Saturday.

It was a great day! Despite the weather. Thanks for putting this together Dennis, and thanks to all the vendors that contributed parts!

Thanks Dennis - looked like a good time was indeed had by all.

For the record, it was "possible" not to win anything in the raffles (I did it) :rolleyes::(

Dennis glad to hear things went well, everyone east of the MS on Sat and Sun got soak it's probably raining right now at your place.
Hats off to GN Rick on driving the farthest to your event, evidently he gets his money worth out of his T/B. I remember on a thread
a while back he mention he drove his T/B to Florida with over 200k on it, now to Pennsylvania. ...Way to represent (y)(y)
Safe Travels to RCG..

Thank you for putting on a great event and to the numerous vendors for donating items. The weather was iffy and rain got steady after 12p. I want to say there were 25-30 Regals including 1 GNX, 1 TTA, 2 Typhoons, 1 LC2 swapped Chevy C10, and a newer SC Riviera. Neighbor across from Dennis even pulled out his Alfa 4C. I too didn't win anything in the raffle, but I did score an original 24x18 ASC GNX "fortunate 500" ad during the auction. In case anyone missed them, here are my photos from the event: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122438087@N06/sets/72157680332538642.

Dennis glad to hear things went well, everyone east of the MS on Sat and Sun got soak it's probably raining right now at your place.
Hats off to GN Rick on driving the farthest to your event, evidently he gets his money worth out of his T/B. I remember on a thread
a while back he mention he drove his T/B to Florida with over 200k on it, now to Pennsylvania. ...Way to represent (y)(y)
Safe Travels to RCG..
I drove from Champaign, Illinois with my friend Stanley (also a Viet Nam vet, like Dennis). Thursday we stayed in Wheeling, West Va. Per mapqest this was an 8 hour drive that took 10 hours. Friday we drove to Carlisle, Pa for the big swap meet. And it was huge! Didn't buy anything but looked at a 1996 Roadmaster wagon with 144k miles. Seller wanted $5500. It was real tempting. Stayed in Carlisle then drove to Kirban's place Saturday. Got there around 10:30, just in time for the rain. Had a nice time, won the big trophy for longest miles driven, bought some odds and ends, sold Dennis some third brake lights and stay down license plate holders. Took off around 3:00 for York, PA. Drove through the rain. Got up early Sunday and toured Gettysburg, then drove back to Wheeling, West Va . On Monday we drove 5 hours to Dayton, Ohio and spent 3 hours at the US Air Force museum. If anybody is interested in planes then put this place on your bucket list. They have a huge collection of WWII planes, modern planes, several retired Air Force One planes, helicopters, space shuttle, space capsules (remember those?), etc. Oh, and admission is free!. Drove home 4 hours Tuesday. My car has around 225k miles on it. Installed a new Casper wire harness on it last month, and new BFG tires. It gets 20 mpg hwy and 14 city.

I drove from Champaign, Illinois with my friend Stanley (also a Viet Nam vet, like Dennis). Thursday we stayed in Wheeling, West Va. Per mapqest this was an 8 hour drive that took 10 hours. Friday we drove to Carlisle, Pa for the big swap meet. And it was huge! Didn't buy anything but looked at a 1996 Roadmaster wagon with 144k miles. Seller wanted $5500. It was real tempting. Stayed in Carlisle then drove to Kirban's place Saturday. Got there around 10:30, just in time for the rain. Had a nice time, won the big trophy for longest miles driven, bought some odds and ends, sold Dennis some third brake lights and stay down license plate holders. Took off around 3:00 for York, PA. Drove through the rain. Got up early Sunday and toured Gettysburg, then drove back to Wheeling, West Va . On Monday we drove 5 hours to Dayton, Ohio and spent 3 hours at the US Air Force museum. If anybody is interested in planes then put this place on your bucket list. They have a huge collection of WWII planes, modern planes, several retired Air Force One planes, helicopters, space shuttle, space capsules (remember those?), etc. Oh, and admission is free!. Drove home 4 hours Tuesday. My car has around 225k miles on it. Installed a new Casper wire harness on it last month, and new BFG tires. It gets 20 mpg hwy and 14 city.

Sounds like you had a plan, never been to that Carlisle car show,but what I have heard it is one that you want to attend, but I have attended the car show in Hershey, PA which is not far from Carlisle. I bet if you rolled out 50 $100 dollars bills you may have a roadmaster on your hands Lol...Your T/B has about 7 times the miles as mine which about a little under 35000. Our members from Canada have won the RCG Event on the farthest drive, I know of one time maybe two. So you would have some stiff competition if you made that trip. Anyway keep on cruising!!!