Setup not making power

If you're on a Dynojet with a stock converter you're probably near 16% loss so..

280hp÷.84 = 333hp
365tq÷.84 = 434tq

That's pretty good for 17psi etc, you tune and it's safe, then octane up for say 28psi & 18 timing you'll be happy.
If its locked up there is no slip on the converter.
Doubt they did that though
Its probably slipping away with low timing and no boost🙄

No scanmaster, it was 14-15 psi and peaked right at 18. I wasn’t with the car, it’s been gone a few weeks and that what they told me on the phone. The place that is doing all the work is extremely reputable (Atlanta Chassis Dyno), they said it’s only a 235 hp car stock, which I think we all know isn’t reality, and they said the te44 doesn’t move significantly more air than stock. So they believe it’s right. I really thought it’d be over 350.
What values can I find from them that would tell you more? I believe they had it on a wideband and were watching things
If they cant get it over 350 with a 44
They cant tune or they are limited by the fuel they are tuning on.
Or something is wrong with the car

280 wheel seems reasonable for 93 octane especially if the motor is unopened. That means 330 or even 350 at the crank.

Valve springs, if they’re original, represent some low hanging fruit.

I would be concerned more about chuck's post.
Perhaps when the op gets the car back he can post the dyno graph

OP, look up this shop, get the car back by playing clueless to his past and find a new place.

You can never trust a guy like this, when things go bad in these unethical Fs personal lives, your life and money get sucked in and crazy drama ensues.

You need to do a bit of due diligence before going there.....
Suggest you go get it.......NOW.
Thanks a million to those that replied. I’m in a pickle for sure and the plot thickens a lot. I called to confirm the car is done and it went from fluids, vacuum brake kit install and asking them to make sure it was reliable enough for my wife to drive to now getting tons of stuff done without my approval. It got the fluids all changed because it sat 13 years, vacuum kit installed, to needing a radiator. I ordered and sent one up there. Now it has gotten injectors, fuel pump, gas tank, rear brakes, plugs, wires and Lord only knows what else. What I thought was a $2k labor job is over $6k in parts and labor.
I’m a car guy from way back, I have lots of projects going on and took my eye off this one. I’ve lived this area my whole life and never had anything like this happen. I’m pissed, but I just want my car back and to stop the bleeding. If it runs well and truly got all they say it did it should be like a new car and I’ll mark this up to not doing my homework and asking enough questions. I feel like an idiot and I’m usually the one all my friends come to hoping to avoid this happening. I just pray it runs well and is right. I haven’t however picked it up because the negotiated rate down to $5500 is still a lot of money, esp when you thought you were buying a tune up.

Why are you negotiating when you didn’t approve any of the car repairs? Maybe GA is different. I’ve always been under the impression that the benefit is on your side.

Scumbags like this make my skin boil. Main thing is to get your ride back from these pieces of shit.

Why are you negotiating when you didn’t approve any of the car repairs? Maybe GA is different. I’ve always been under the impression that the benefit is on your side.

Scumbags like this make my skin boil. Main thing is to get your ride back from these pieces of shit.
I can make more money, I just want my car. This is the exact GN I got to drive in 1988… I waited all this time to get it and just did recently….for me this car means more than I can really say. I just want it home safe. Lesson learned for sure.

AIRC, GA state law prevents a shop from holding your car hostage.
Their remedy is to file a mechanics lien.
Ol Brad Brand is still up to his old scammer tricks after 30 yrs.
Take the sheriff with you and go get your car.

AIRC, GA state law prevents a shop from holding your car hostage.
Their remedy is to file a mechanics lien.
Ol Brad Brand is still up to his old scammer tricks after 30 yrs.
Take the sheriff with you and go get your car.
He has not refused to give it back…. He’s been fine. I don’t know who to blame, but if the car runs like new or better I’ll be satisfied. I just need to know who to take it to next time. The last recommendation wanted $40k for his stage 1 package. Ummmm no.

Depending on the Dyno it’s making about what it should. Might actually be slightly over achieving. With stock heads and close to stock elsewhere most won’t see over 300whp on a dynojet under 20psi without some playing. The turbo is worth almost zero on a close to stock engine with stock valve springs. Opening the exhaust and running high octane would allow higher manifold pressure and make noticeably more. Just 100 octane can make 50-60whp more and 100lb/ft more with 5psi more manifold pressure conservatively. Locking the converter will show much more but isn’t advisable. The chips timing needs to be tailored to manifold pressure and fuel. It’s advisable to order a few chips with progressively more fuel and less timing to be safe. I’ve been up around 30psi on unopened engines with 100 octane

He has not refused to give it back…. He’s been fine. I don’t know who to blame, but if the car runs like new or better I’ll be satisfied. I just need to know who to take it to next time. The last recommendation wanted $40k for his stage 1 package. Ummmm no.
Just curious here...what is a stage one package exactly???

My "take" on "Stage 1 @$40K"....Total bullshit.
Stage 2 must be a real dandy, and 3 is the price of a new Ferrari.
I'm fairly sure who the "mystery guru" is.
He talks so much, he's probably had to have zerk fittings installed in his jaw joints, to prevent brg failure....
Back to polishing the ban hammer and doing injectors.;)

Damn I'm old!:rolleyes: