Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Kirban again

All the seat belt guides to my knowledge where the same.....we used to sell close loop ones from a Camaro years ago.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

This could drag on like the Yugo question.....which wold be great gives me moire time to think up the next question.

kirban again still no correct answer....

going forward explain your answers as to the bases you think 2 versions exist.....I know my answers work

Otherwise players just name an item and hope its rite...

so, besides the 2 answers I seek explain the answers.....as to what is different with each of them....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Is one of the horn center cap? Not sure if one said grand national and one was tri shield..

I know GM had 2 different methods to dim the rear view mirror. One flipped up and down and one rotates right to left. Not sure if the variation made it in the GN though.

Kirban Update

The rearview mirror is incorrect 99% sure all where the same/

Post 403 your getting very close to the answer by that I mean you are in the area but answer is not centered around medallion for the one answer.

I don;t wanna say anymore as it would give the answer(s) away.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The toughest answer of the two you would have to have seen several GNs to notice this.....or in my case had a few of them....

So the fun continues....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Rpm gauge is big,turbo boost is small.as for the digital one is just a yellow light,red light.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

The T type had a big red T small letters said type.the gn had a tri shield all black.

Head light switch one has a small light bulb the other is a head light.

Turn Signal /wiper is bigger then the tilt stalk . depending on if you had wiper delay or cruise control

^^^^^^Your right 86 they said TTYPE in 87 there just big red T's.

Steering wheel, I believe there were two stitching variations. When the dealer prepped mine for delivery some yahoo let his box cutter get away from him and cut the leather while removing the plastic. Dealer replaced the wheel but it seemed a little different from the original.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kirban Update

Last update for tonite...

post 412 has nailed (Bingo) one of the answers....some leather wheels have 2 seams...most have a single seam........that was the easy answer also the bigger of the two items. I am sure if you been to various Buick events you have seen steering wheels with 2 seams actually my white Turbo T has 2 seams (tan gut)......so with that being said I am sure other color interiors some wheels had 2 seams..probably so as not to waste any leather? Again I don;t know as I was not there when the cars came down the assembly line...if I was I would have asked them why some cars got the lower bushing in the last spot and others did not...and by any chance did they have any sighted workers doing trunk lid line up and spoiler line up. Or, was affixing the trunk directions decal a game to see who could position it with the most bubbles....or crooked?

Remember I said it was not an option so answers on wiper or til etc not rite...

Also don't focus on the emblem in the center of the steering wheel...however the second answer to this question is in that general area.

Be sure to explain the answer correctly to win the prize....

So congrats to post 412....the prize is stil up for grabs if someone posts the correct answer and explains the difference./

denniskirban@yahoo.com

singing off for tonite....too much shoveling today....

I have also seen two versions of door panels. One had vertical pleats below the pull strap and one was smooth with no pleats. This was on the same car, a turbo T that I bought second hand so I don't know if it came that way off the assembly line or not.

I have also seen two versions of door panels. One had vertical pleats below the pull strap and one was smooth with no pleats. This was on the same car, a turbo T that I bought second hand so I don't know if it came that way off the assembly line or not.

To answer your question on pleats....you don;t say what year you saw it but my experience is time heat sun whatever takes its toll on those upper door panels as I have seen several cars where the pleats have disappeared....

I even had one GN where the paint was so bad on one side you would swear someone had painted it...not the case. Just a poor factory job on one side of the car....another example...chip guard across the bottom I seen one car years ago chip guard one side no chip guard on the other side....probably the guy on the one side was on break when that car came down the assembly line.

Remember while we all have a passion and love for these cars....that feeling was not shared at the time car was built.....I was also told by someone at Buick....to motivate the workers they awarded one of the last GNs to a worker...

Is that true? I have no idea....its not in writing....

It's a shame that better records where not kept and better quality control was not enforced.....their are so many rare combinations possible its mind boggling but no way to determine just how rare.

I myself far from perfect wish I had kept better records of the 300 plus cars I sold.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update

Last update for tonite...

Also don't focus on the emblem in the center of the steering wheel...however the second answer to this question is in that general area.

Be sure to explain the answer correctly to win the prize....

So congrats to post 412....the prize is stil up for grabs if someone posts the correct answer and explains the difference./

denniskirban@yahoo.com

singing off for tonite....too much shoveling today....
Well this is just a guess...How about the amount of aluminum spoke that is visible on the steering wheel? In other words, some steering wheels had more leather than others. "Member" this is just a guess.

Some steering wheels had a visible seam in the leather on the bottom (6:00) position spoke. Others there is no seam in the leather.

Steering wheel center cap some have a horn symbol embossed into the rubber /plastic. Then others you find are just plain with no horn symbol .
your clue about GN Rick
"it blows his out the water"
leads me to this answer.

Last edited:
BINGO: Above post 418 got it!!! Very good as that was a tough one unless you have seen alot of Turbo Regals. To clear up some questions Post 418 send me a private email to denniskirban@yahoo.com with your full real name & address to send you the gift....

GN Rick the length of the leather on steering wheels other Buick models had a similar wheel where yes the leather went further inward on the spokes. As to what models I don't know exactly as it probably varied year to year. Basically Buick saved money by using a similar wheel as an option on other models.

As to the horn symbol on some and not others probably two suppliers is my educated guess. Maybe one version was for a blind driver who used the "touch" method to honk the horn?

We got a sharp group here.....GN Rick is learning alot about these cars.....while barely passing....

Everyone can play the next round.

again congrats!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I find myself when I am driving trying to think up new questions to keep ahead....so far so good.

Next contest

Open to all players even winners from last round....

Read all the clues carefully....member answers gotta match mine.

You got a 6 month old 1987 Turbo Regal all stock....

It is up to date service wise.

Between the power master unit, the radiator core support and radiator top plate list me each paper/vinyl decal and its location.

contest starts now