Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

kirban update

tough to continue to give clues without tipping my hand....

here is another clue

this option I speak of from the 60s was popular to add to custom cars for us kids in the 60s that did not have this option. Our versions were crude but worked just as well.

With that being said lets see who nails it....

member need to list all 3 methods

plus what the option is.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On another note we will probably be closed tomorrow Tuesday with this storm predicted to hit.....

Kirban Update

The answer still eludes the players...

If I get 4 different players to post here they give up I will honor that request and post the answer to this latest question which has proven to be difficult.

Four different players say they give up and I will provide the answer. The we can move on to the next one.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO

post 365 got it almost 100% correct cable operated is the same as manual....the one format you missed is vacuum....first it was cable basically similar to a choke cable with a handle....then came vacuum a bit more complex and finally in 1967 in the GTO world came electric.....same format used in our Regals....single hot wire to the solenoid to a yellow button mounted on a bracket in the glove box.

Cable operated was in a 1964 GTO various other GM cars....no idea as to their value today vacuum set up can fetch $500 and more if its new. GTO used them I think in 1965 and 1966. Again going by memory.

As I stated a simple option that finally has been solved....

I know on the cars I have installed it in I simply mounted the bottom on the bottom lip area of the dash on the drivers side were it is easier to reach.

Reason I never have any for sale is I sell them all to one company and probably sold him well over a 100 of them. So much so I had to get the bracket reproduced as it was easier to make the stupid bracket then try and remove it from glove boxes in cars....

on to the next contest

again current winner has to pass on the next contest.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here goes:

You own a 1986-1987 Turbo Regal your buddy has a 1987 Monte Carlo SS.....you are comparing cars.....

What two option does your car have that was not offered to a Monte Carlo SS owner?

Member answer has to agree with my answer.

Rule out engine and any drive train related items including rear parts...remember its an option....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

PS: I am about 99% sure on my answers on this one.

Are the 2 options related? For example exterior color with a certain interior color?

Kirban Update

We will expand the answer to current question to 3 options one has been named moon roof....there is still 2 more that I am aware of.

Least this proves I don;t know everything....may be others but you need to nail down the two that I am thinking of.

No idea why on the moonroof/astroroof option as they did have T-Tops maybe a weight issue? I believe a astroroof set up probably weighs more that set of T-Tops....just a guess on my part.....

Still 2 more options not shared by the Monte Carlo model.

denniskriban@yahoo.com

kirban udpate

options has nothing to do with colors or interior....twilight sentinal good guess again I have no idea one way or the other but your probably rite but my two options is not interior related.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Cornering lights, opera lights and 1/2 vinyl roof...Bingo!

Last edited:
For extra credit I would agree with post 374 and add leather interior. Trying to avoid summer school.

Kirban Update:

As posts have shown Monte Carlo lacked quite a number of available options that were offered to us Turbo Regal owners.

The two I wanted one was guessed correctly body side moldings....the other which I many of you probably wish we did not pick on our Turbo regal is a power antenna....

this question is void as I should have detailed the question more specific to say a GN or GNX. In other words everyone is eligible for the next question.

Our company is closed today waiting on the white stuff to stop falling.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

PS: GN Rick summer school is not bad I did one year actually made money taking other classmates to school since I had a car.

Here goes the next question

Again you own a new 1986-1987 Turbo Regal untouched.....unmolested....

Under the hood is two small rubber caps....

Tell me where they are exactly located.

Member must be the two I am thinking of......

game starts now

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Wonder how many of us guys will suffer a heart attack from this heavy snowstorm....?????

Anyhone close to 15 wins yet?

Dan if my memory is rite you own my test car #2 send me private email with your name and address I found a big picture of my old car wanna send you as a "gift" free.....

1 on the drier and another on the line to the condenser near the radiator? maybe those are plastic...

1 on the Radiator hose mounting loop off the main accessory bracket to shield the end of that bolt from the intake hose.
1 on the Power steering mounting bracket to protect the tip of the stud.