Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Kirbsan Update

Here is a bit of GM/Hurst trivia for the group....what you may or may not realize is GM never allowed any company name in the 1960s to be visible on a GM car or truck with one exception....that exception was tires.....until Hurst came a long.

Hurst scored their first GM account with Pontiac timing was perfect in the form of the 1964 GTO....Hurst was a powerful name back then. Just happen to be in my neighborhood where I grew up. .

However for 1964 Hurst had to take a backseat and was not permitted to have their name on their chrome stick.....here they scored their biggest account landing a GM car line Pontiac and could not showcase their name! Make matters worse Pontiac to save money and time used their own linkage which was sloppy compared to the positive threaded Hurst rods and buttons.

You can only imagine how Hurst felt....great on one hand, yet I am sure not happy on the other hand....the situation got better for 1965 as Pontiac quickly realize the power of Hurst not only did they have a superior product, but their advertising was everywhere in every car magazine.

So with the 1965 model Hurst was able to have their name showing visible on the chrome stick....The first company allowed to do this on a GM car outside of tires....(from what I understand). .

It wasn't long before Hurst landed accounts with Olds, Buick, Ford, Mopar, AMC......the one division they did not land was Chevy which stuck with the funky Muncie shifter.....keep in mind in 1966 alone Pontiac made 80,000 plus GTOs and a good chunk of them were 4-speeds. Our cars equals maybe 20% of that number just against 1966 GTO sales. .

By far Pontiac cranked out the most 4-speed cars over Buick and Olds......

My wife worked at Hurst in 1969 in the PR department drove our 1964 4-speed GTO to work every day....that was the beginning of how I started....

true story...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

It surely would have been nice had Hurst made a nice shifter for our cars....ours has remained unchanged since 1978 crude to say the least, built partly with plastic internals that break.

Today I handle license agreements for small companies for Hurst.

The every day public may not know the Hurst name but one of their most famous products is very well known....the Jaws of Life which they developed in the late 1960s...a life saving method that is second to none. I have actual photos of them testing it for the government in DC.

There was a sticker on the side of the coil pack.
Oops - that doesn't count. What do you want for 3 AM ??

Last edited:
kirban update:

the yellow wording on the side of the brake accumulator bowl is silk screened so that answer does not work.

takes one more correct answer to put this contest to rest to move on to the next one....really the missing one is not that difficult heck it can only be in 1 or 2 places .....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I may go easy on the next contest....let everyones mind regroup. including GN Rick....

A round black quality control sticker on the core support.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Sticker on radiator top plate for....Brake proportioning (combination) valve recall....Bingo!

Last edited:
kirban update

lst still no bingo yet...

we already established two recalls decals....to my knowledge there was no 3rd recall on a Turbo Regal GNX did not have the eprom recall as their eprom was different...

the one decal that no one has ID'd yet would be the same on a GNX or a Turbo Regal 86/87 vintage.

if I get 4 different replies posted from different players I will end this question and give the answer....

I can't give any more clues as it would give the answer.....

so players you decide....I got my next question ready to roll actually I got more than one question ready to roll.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Its great to have GN Rick back....but if frustration sets in it may be time to admit defeat on this question and move on. Decisions rests in the players hands....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I vote to end it...

need 3 more votes...to kill this question

One reason I say this is I can't give another clue without giving away the answer.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Sounded like a sticker you get for service or maybe a recall from the beginning. There were recalls on parts, like the PS reservoir. Maybe others too.

I don't know and cannot find out. Maybe that will help someone... Never had an original GN.

towel.jpg

Dennis I know you aren't looking for another recall sticker but you say there were 2 recall stickers in post 440 (brake switch and Eprom) but according to that thread I referenced there were 3...Eprom, brake switch, proportioning valve. You later said the Eprom sticker doesn't count because it didn't apply to the Gnx. So I'm a bit confused. Are you counting the Eprom sticker for this contest or not? Might as well take a stab at the answer...I've seen stickers where the mechanic writes the coolant protection down based on the concentration. Could this be the elusive sticker we are seeking? I guess probably not since you said it doesn't refer to a recall or service. Or how about a sticker giving the firing order of the spark plugs?

Last edited:
I vote to end it as well. I've looked high and low on my 34K mile all original car and I just don't see it. Hell, I scoured every picture I could find online. Nada. Clue us in Dennis!

OK how about the caution sticker do not over fill power master refer to owners manual. It's a kirbans performance only sticker but he'll worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I've finally figured it out - It's a JiffyLube service sticker, only they put it on backward !!!

IMG_3455.JPG

I recall having seen pictures of a red letter sticker on the powermaster electric motor.
It says ?????