Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

BINGO

All good answers above and as hard as it is to believe GN Rick is the winner. He is partially correct. You could not buy numbered plug wires...plus I am 99% certain you could not buy grey plug wires....all the plug wire kits from GM are like universal designed sets....

Again I am not implying the other answers are wrong as they are not but it is the plug wires I was seeking. GN Rick can call himself a winner......

Here is my experince with plug wires....go back 30 plus years....only one company was licensed by Packard to make the date coded plug wires for GM cars namely the Corvettes....back in the 1960s the wires were date coded....every quarter for every year!

I was able to hook up with a company and they secured Packards agreement. So, my company was the first to make date coded plug wires for all the GTOs. To avoid screw ups with the other company we did 2nd and 4th quarter for each year. So for 9 years worth of plug wires we had to buy 18 different print wheels.

The bigger challenge was getting original length wires to copy. I was fortunate enough to be good friends with a collector who has about 85 GTOs in his collection. He would lend me virtually anything I needed to make my GTO parts. His name also helped sell the parts as being accurate as he was well known. One way I thanked him was I did a project for the Danbury Mint and they used his 1965 plum mist GTO for the project.

Kinda neat when its your car that becomes the diecast collectible car.

We also did limited dated plug wires for the AMC, Scrambler, Buick GS models and Olds 442 models as once you own the print wheels the rest was easy if you had the correct lengths. AMC used Packard wires.

Its the same company today that makes our grey correct length Turbo Regal wires. Ours lacks the wording on them. Although we did market some years ago that said bad to the bone on them. I may bring them back again as my source still has the print wheel to make them.

true story....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

so congrats to GN Rick who can sleep tonite knowing he is a winner!!! I think GN Rick is planning to see me in Illinois in June.

Moving on the next contest....its a 2 parter one part is fairly difficult.

kirban update

Again answers gotta match mine.

The car is a 1986-1987 original Grand National. It has to be a Grand National for the one answer to work. For the other answer it can be any 1986-1987 Turbo Regal.

It takes two answers in the same post to be a winner

Please read the clue carefully as the clue is different than most.

Here is the clue:

YMCA

From these 4 letters one letter is part of both answers.

One letter does not get used at all.

The letters that do get used may or may not be in the proper order.

The two answers you seek you have to explain what the letters refer to.

Also, tell me the two letters for each part

One answer is interior related.

The other answer lies under the hood.

The interior answer the letters can't be seen

On the under the hood letters they may or may not be visible anymore.

I think with this question their is no other possible answers other than the 2 answers I seek.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

game on players even GN Rick can give it a try but its best he sits back and enjoy the fact he won the last round...

The clues are critical to read

On the interior, if you were to look at the back side of the pallex material on one of the seats, you would find the letters "C & A". Under the hood I would have to say it's "AC" on the spark plugs, or it could also show up on the sticker on the stock air cleaner housing.

On the interior, if you were to look at the back side of the pallex material on one of the seats, you would find the letters "C & A". Under the hood I would have to say it's "AC" on the spark plugs, or it could also show up on the sticker on the stock air cleaner housing.
Correction. It's "AM" on the air cleaner housing you're looking for not AC. A is used twice

Here goes the next question

Again you own a new 1986-1987 Turbo Regal untouched.....unmolested....

Under the hood is two small rubber caps....

Tell me where they are exactly located.

Member must be the two I am thinking of......

game starts now

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Wonder how many of us guys will suffer a heart attack from this heavy snowstorm....?????

Anyhone close to 15 wins yet?

Dan if my memory is rite you own my test car #2 send me private email with your name and address I found a big picture of my old car wanna send you as a "gift" free.....
Thanks Dennis for the poster & for even taking time out of your day to send it out.. Great photo gonna have it framed
IMG_20170318_155044125.jpg

Kirban Update:

Paulie has nailed 1/2 of the 2 answers still looking for the 2nd part which uses one of the two letters for the lst answer. This code would be under the hood somewhere but may no longer be readable or gone due to age etc....

Dan glad you liked the picture.....had it in my basement not sure if I ever printed the story on getting that car in Florida Pete Serio the original window rattle guy was with me when we picked up the car.....we had driven down there in my caddy ETC first attending the Ecklers car show as a supplier to Ecklers...

I had a thing for those Eldorados had 3 different ones....great road cars

Trip did not start out good met the seller in a resturant in a very small town came out after dinner they left went to start the car and nothing....turned out the starter had locked up....had to tap the starter....so driving home we would block the car in at resturants and keep it running...I drove the car and Pete drove my Caddy

Problem was got around DC and I could see Pete behind me in my Caddy starting to weave as he started to fall asleep.....not a fun trip....

Every car has a story and got a bunch of them just some are more interesting than others..

Will share another one later involves surprising my Dad who was traveling across the USA on a speaking trip.....it would be his last road trip......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

GN Rick....send me a private email with your address wanna send you a maplewood pen case and pen....every time you use it you can think of how you got it.....has the logo on it....pretty cool I got a few made for my upcoming Open House...

BINGO

All good answers above and as hard as it is to believe GN Rick is the winner. He is partially correct. You could not buy numbered plug wires...plus I am 99% certain you could not buy grey plug wires....all the plug wire kits from GM are like universal designed sets....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis I believe the battery would have been different as well as the Delco replacement batteries did not have the charge indicator eye that showed green when the battery was at full charge.

I was going to guess :
Under hood: C in BuiCk and A in turbochArged on the hood liner.
But I can't make the letters work in the interior.

I want to say that the code you are looking for is "YA", but I can't remember where I saw it on my car... Looks like I'm headed back out to the garage to have another look.

BINGO post 489 nailed it YA is the code on the steering box for the quick ratio same box used in the Monte Carlo SS and Olds 442 etc...

its the hot ticket to drop in the A body cars with special fittings for the pressure lines as I used to sell the boxes to the GTO market....locks under 3 turns....regular GTO box was like 4 1/2 turns if I recall....again I am going by memory.

Paulie is pretty brite he got both parts of that question....

Good thing he has to step back and pass on the next one..

Bill your probably rite on the battery one reason I word my questions to always say must match my answer....as even I don;t know everything on these cars....if tested I am sure I would get a good score but not perfect.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here goes next question:

Kind of an easy one.

Again always has to match mine.....even if others are rite it has to match mine.

Your buddy has a 1984 or 1985 Turbo Regal and you got a 1986 or a 1987 turbo regal

What standard feature does your car have that his car does not. Standard meaning it is not an option. Nor does it have to do with any part of the drive train or engine.

One answer is all I seek.

Game is in play

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I was going to guess :
Under hood: C in BuiCk and A in turbochArged on the hood liner.
But I can't make the letters work in the interior.

You'll get one rite some point in time.....C & A refers to Collins and Aikman that did the expensive pallex seat material used in the 86/87 GNs and GNXs......rare stuff I just sold a complete set of seat covers front and rear original stuff....

Hydro boost were common in 84 85 power master 86 87

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Intercooler...Is that part of the drive train? How about rear spoiler?

Last edited:
Here goes next question:

Again answer must match mine.

You have an original 1987 Turbo Regal don;t matter what model. Your good buddy has an original 1985 Turbo regal again does not matter what model.

You both open up your trunks. what immediately catches your eye that is different than yours?

Exception GN Rick...he would probably have to "stare" at both open trunks for a period of time to see the difference..

kidding

denniskirban@yahoo.com

game on players.

BINGO post 493 nailed it the 3rd brake lite.....which at some point became law that I guess beginning with the 1986 models cars had to have them not sure when it went into effect for trucks....

like the first energy absorbing bumpers in 1973 which looked quite crude the 3rd brake lites in our cars look like a late add on....compared to later ones you see today.

I think part of the law is the 3rd brake lite has to be mounted above the tail lites.....

So congrats to post 493 finally he won one....as the rules states he has to take a pass on the next question posed to the class.
The learning continues...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update refer first post 496 for next question somehow I messed up or computer did my Bingo appears twice I tried to delete one but failed and next contest question reads above. I may try and repost it so its last again.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I fixed it question shows up in next post 499.

BINGO post 493 nailed it the 3rd brake lite.....which at some point became law that I guess beginning with the 1986 models cars had to have them not sure when it went into effect for trucks....

like the first energy absorbing bumpers in 1973 which looked quite crude the 3rd brake lites in our cars look like a late add on....compared to later ones you see today.

I think part of the law is the 3rd brake lite has to be mounted above the tail lites.....

So congrats to post 493 finally he won one....as the rules states he has to take a pass on the next question posed to the class.
The learning continues...

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Finally!?! That's #11 now! One more to go! Course I have to sit one out...