Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

One last shot... small white sticker with black letters on power master motor listing the part number and some other numbers.

BINGO post 461 Paulie has nailed it...on the powermaster motor is a small decal/label. Matter of fact my personal original paint 87 Turbo-T it is still visible after 80,000 plus miles. (Those that have seen my car know its as I claim).

I have a fairly rare original Buick book about one inch thick titled Parts Identifcation Guide. dated 1986 has a power six logo on the cover probably the only reason I bought it years ago. I never seen another copy of this Buick book.

It breaks down the code on the label on the PM motor. the first set of digits is the day of the year example 284 would be 284th day of the year last single digit is the year 6 would be 86 7 would be 87 and so on.

Because this was a difficult one to determine and the fact Paulie post 462 did not give up email me personally your name and address I will send you a free gift....

GN Rick...to my knowledge GM only did two recalls brake switch around 1990 and the eprom chip on the Turbo models except for the GNX which did not get the eprom recall.

Granted GM used 3 different suppliers on the brake proportioning valve I never seen a recall on it. owners could have complained and had it replaced but not a national recall two versions rusted instantly one version was brass which is like the one all of us vendors sell today.

It reminds me of the terrible black paint jobs...yes when the case were fairly new you could raise a stink about it and a GM rep would look at your car and make a determination about repainting it. I even have a copy somewhere of an internal letter Buick sent out to zones about paint issues having specs in the black paint.

My point is, some answers can't be clearly defined.....the end result is....we are all learning something....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

next contest up and running everyone is again eligible...

Kirban Update

Going with an easy one so GN Rick has a realistic shot at this....

Here goes

Again remember answer must agree with mine and mine is based on over 300 of these cars passing thru my hands.....I just counted them up I sold 83 Turbo Regals including GNX with less than 35,000 miles on them.

Here is the question

Needs 3 matching answers to mine

You got a 1986 or 1987 Turbo Regal

You can count almost on 3 things being loose in the interior

name the 3 items I a referring to:

game on players

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Strap caps, horn ring, seat belt guides, .. On lunch break I'll find out I'm wrong tonight.

Seat belt guides, door pull straps, window switches

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Kirban Update

Door pull straps is one

re-read the clues the word is something that come loose

horn ring does not work as they break being they are plastic......

steering column need to be specific!!!! your close but what specifically are you referring to...obviousily the column is not lose?

seat belt guides good guess as is shifter handle but not ones I am seeking and not usually associated with a low mileage car...

my 2 items car can be low mileage and have come lose.

Pull straps I think some of them were lose when the car was originally for sale....GM certainily did not test opening and shutting the doors much to see those issues. The Limited models were far and away superior.....

and the contest continues...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Shifter handle trim ring on the bottom of the handle

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

BINGO post 461 Paulie has nailed it...on the powermaster motor is a small decal/label. Matter of fact my personal original paint 87 Turbo-T it is still visible after 80,000 plus miles. (Those that have seen my car know its as I claim).

I have a fairly rare original Buick book about one inch thick titled Parts Identifcation Guide. dated 1986 has a power six logo on the cover probably the only reason I bought it years ago. I never seen another copy of this Buick book.

It breaks down the code on the label on the PM motor. the first set of digits is the day of the year example 284 would be 284th day of the year last single digit is the year 6 would be 86 7 would be 87 and so on.

Because this was a difficult one to determine and the fact Paulie post 462 did not give up email me personally your name and address I will send you a free gift....

GN Rick...to my knowledge GM only did two recalls brake switch around 1990 and the eprom chip on the Turbo models except for the GNX which did not get the eprom recall.

Granted GM used 3 different suppliers on the brake proportioning valve I never seen a recall on it. owners could have complained and had it replaced but not a national recall two versions rusted instantly one version was brass which is like the one all of us vendors sell today.

It reminds me of the terrible black paint jobs...yes when the case were fairly new you could raise a stink about it and a GM rep would look at your car and make a determination about repainting it. I even have a copy somewhere of an internal letter Buick sent out to zones about paint issues having specs in the black paint.

My point is, some answers can't be clearly defined.....the end result is....we are all learning something....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

next contest up and running everyone is again eligible...
This was definitely a challenge! What made me focus in on the PM was your comment about the GM date code book. The decal in question is missing on my car, so I enlisted Mr. Google for assistance. I'm glad I hung in there.

Thanks in advance for my prize! (y)

kirban update

still only have one matching answer to mine that is the loose pull straps.

still seeking the other two parts that can be loose on a low mileage example.

the key is low mileage

here is a clue many of you have replaced the one item already

here is a clue on the other part.....it was generally loose from day one....and probably is still lose on your car.

answer those two clues and you nail the two items I am seeking.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban update:

I thought this one would be fairly easy with just 1 part being difficult

Here are the answers so this one does not drag on

pull straps.....number 1

headliner.....again no matter the miles on your car headliner has probably been replaced by now as it has come lose from the backing.

the toughest answer of the 3......is....

the base collar under your steering wheel...not the top part but the collar under your steering wheel...it is secured by 3 screws maybe 7mm each....whose ever job on the assembly line it was to tighten them did a terrible job.

If I had to guess I pulled probably 8 out of 10 steering wheels on cars I bough to t resell to tighten those 3 screws.

Also it eliminates one of your many rattles.

Quick story along the same lines....

Years ago my buddy actually owned Bowling Green Customs the original owner....now retired worked at the Corvette factory....great job to have....not sure what vintage but it was one of the new Vette models came out....early on they started to get reports of battery acid leaking on the ECM....which was located I guess near the battery in the cars...

they traced it back to someone on the assembly line that was over tightening the battery post on the battery...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am going to close out tonite with a new contest see next post.

Here goes players:

The year is 1987 or 1988 you got a new 1987 Turbo Regal don't matter what version....you try to buy this part to have as extras.....

Your educated guess has to match mine...

Turns out the GM parts is different than ones on your car....its impossible to buy the exact same as the ones on your car.

What part am I referring to?

It is not a GNX specific part so rule out GNX.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Original window sales sticker.
RPO door and trunk jam stickers (not available until you got this other company to repo them correctly)