Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Kirban Update:

Post 380 got one I was seeking the cap that covers the stud that secures the plastic power steering reservoir on inner drivers fender.

The other answer I am seeking has not been guessed yet. Not saying above post is not correct only that cap I am seeking is not it.

The AC caps on those lines as mentioned in earlier post are plastic so that answer is wrong.

This other rubber cap is visible.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

So do I count a point toward the overall count for getting 1?
We've already mentioned the back of the alternator on another question so that can't be it.
Battery terminal?

The other one is the screw you have to take off to adjust I.a.C . throttle adjustment Screw.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

BINOG 383 Nailed the second part of the question and also credit post 382 for naming the other rubber plug

Normally both you winners would have to sit out the next question but I will make an exception this time. Also to encourage the readers of this thread and the experts (GN Rick for example) we will award a Buick motorsport seat armour a $36 value this drapes over your expensive seat material to protect.

See next post for exact rules and question

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here goes:

Quesiton requires TWO answer to match my answer.

Again referring to any stock original 1986-1987 Grand National.

I will award a Buick Motorsport Seat Amour cover to whoever gets the 2nd answer rite.

Point being takes 2 answers but one answer is a lot easier than the second answer.

Here goes:

You got a stock 1986-1987 Grand National.

The parts in question is a STANDARD PART meaning not an option. It was not something you had a choice about.

It is not located under the hood or in the trunk.

GM had two versions of both of these parts. You as a buyer had no choice nor where you probably aware of two versions of these two items when the car was new.

One answer is easier than the other.

What is the two items in your 1986-1987 Grand National where GM used two versions/styles that had no influence one way or the other.

Reread the clues carefully to figure out the answers.

One answer is alot easier than the other answer it is the other answer that wins the prize..

One final clue one part is big one part is small in comparison to each other.

game starts now.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I'm rooting for GN Rick

Door lock trim pieces on interior. Some say LOCK in black, others they are all chrome.
Radio control knobs. All black vs ones with chrome.
Dome Light. Ordered Moonroof you got the better light with map lights on the sides but you didn't get a choice on that I didn't think.
No choice on what grill you got either, in 86 they said Buick, 87 was all blacked out. All depended on when you purchased.

PS- I'm rooting for VtheGNMan. No offense Rick! :ROFLMAO:

Dome light.then you have the longer light with the two small map reading lights.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Door pull straps (black in 86, grey in 87) and turn lever stalk I think came in black and chrome. Dennis thanks for the encouragement!

One thing different between my 86 GN and 87 GN is the bulb socket for the passenger foot well. Just thought I would throw that out there. Gotta go to school now. Automotive Upholstery at local junior college. 58 y.o and still learning!

Kirban Update:

Nobody has hit either answer yet.

Few clarifications it has nothing to do whether its a 86 or 87 meaning yes 86 had black pull straps 87 had grey .

This part is visual

Interior lighting map style lite was an option granted on moonroof cars I guess because of space they went with map style but again map lighting would be considered option related so again that is not correct.

radio knobs all had silver disc on the black knob less disc fell off which was common.. aluminum drums all non posi cars had it. that was standard.

As for the body plates they should all be the same all built in Flint final assembly point was Pontiac reason P is in your 17 digit VIN number.

This is not to imply that mistakes on the assembly line did happen as Flint was shutting down so workers were not int he best frame of mind....including the guy(s) painting the the GNs.....

My two items you are seeking has nothing to do with how the GNs were equipped....that has no bearing on the 2 answers you seek.

I have to watch the clues so as not to give the answer. Nobody is on the rite track......so GN Rick your still in the game.

Both items are very visible both items you as a buyer had no control over and probably never noticed until you compared your car to another GN. The second answer I am fairly confident is quite difficult to determine. Reason for the prize...

Grilles is not it each year was different. My point being my 2 issues work with either year...not just one year. Its the same answer no matter which year 86 or 87 GN....year has no bearing on the answer...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update

One final clue for now....as I stated this is visual no need to strain your neck to see either answers....no need to bend down nothing

denniskirban@yahoo.com

blows GN Ricks answer out of the water.....good try though....

The grey plastic screw covers on the door panels. Came in two different shades of grey.

Kirban update

Sorry Rick still no....the two answers I seek while the small one may prove difficult the larger item should be easy.

As for the strap caps which I assume you are referring to....why they made similar colors is beyond me....your answer is a good one....problem is does not match my two.

denniskirban@yahoo.com