Nordy just ran 8.08 @90 in the eighth.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Hot off the press from Irwindale Raceway. Mike's new Mustang just went 8.08 @ 90 mph with a 1.93 short time. This was on the street tires that came from the factory. My ET convertion says that's a 12.60 in the quarter mile. Some MT DR's should clean up that 60 ft time. Then all that Muskrat will need is boost!:D

Think he's getting ready to run again. More to come...

Mike Barnard

Just ran again. Spun the tires to a 8.18 ET. He's calling it a night.

Mike B.

thanks Mike for the post lol.. the car was a hand full on street tires, those all season tires do not like the new tune :). on the 1-2 shift she spins BIG TIME and on the 8.08 run she spun but hooked just enuff to pull of a great time. i can not complain for having just about $900 and be able to pull these times off. can't want to instill my 373 gears and add some ET streets and pull of a 11.9ET at Fontana..

That ET/MPH is very nice being a heavy weight street car, on street tires!! I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do with a couple bolt on's and some sticky tires out back. Hmm, a 150 shot will really wake that beast up..... :eek:

thanks everyone.. i'm going to get some DR within the month, once i pick which size i want (15' or 17in rims)..

no NOS will touch this car, only BOOST :)

Lou, she is a 6speed Auto with 3.08 gears for now..

thanks everyone.. i'm going to get some DR within the month, once i pick which size i want (15' or 17in rims)..

no NOS will touch this car, only BOOST :)

Lou, she is a 6speed Auto with 3.08 gears for now..
I think a 3.55 is as low as I would go for the street.

What car is it? I'm guessing it's the new 5l. You could go with a 4.10 and still manitain good gas mileage with the new 6spd. 355-373 seems good if your going to put a power adder on it though.

What car is it? I'm guessing it's the new 5l. You could go with a 4.10 and still manitain good gas mileage with the new 6spd. 355-373 seems good if your going to put a power adder on it though.

You are correct, the new 6 speed trans makes this car drive like 355 or lower with higher gears installed. Ill still be looking at mid to low 20s in gas mileage on the highway with 373s..

Mike,

Glad you had a decent night at the track. Those are good times for a very fresh new car...by the way, does the car even have 5k miles on it yet? LOL

For those of you who have not seen the new 5.0 or Mikes for that matter, I have to say, I'm very impressed!!!

Cant wait to see how she will do on the full quarter :)

Are you gonna bring her out to Phoenix for the WCN's next week?

We need a Moostang out to keep us honest.......and to gripe about......:cool:

I'm headed out to the Good Guy's event, you all have a great Saturday!

Not going to make to the event im sorry to say. Im taking vacation in Dec so im working thanksgiving weekend. Hope the event goes off with a problem..

ready for Saturdays track day.. looking for my 11.70's.. side note i weight her and she came in at 3700lbs without a driver (add 220lbs :eek:)

379557_10150992707600463_748915462_22076051_713002069_n.jpg