Lets do some ricer math...what is an 8.4 in the 1/8th??

gtfrede

Designated LSX Hater
All you experienced guys what would that time equate roughly to in the quarter mile when not shutting down???

Went last night and ran a new gtr with what I thought was going to be 18-20psi but probably was a little higher....couple gallons of vp race gas from the track in the tank....he ran a 12.3 in 1/4 at 8.2 1/8th and i coasted through at a 14.2 at 71 after shutting down due to lean afr and a little audible knock with 8.4 in the eighth at 82mph....boost was a little higher than anticipated but not sure how high :eek: 1.9 60'
Seems to me that this would be a solid 12 second pass right?

With the boost normal it ran another 13.5 spinning out of the hole...

well dam lol....oh well....she will pull a 12 some day (maybe when the temps get to low 60's toward the end of the season)....I thought these things make power like falling out of a tree??? :eek::D I guess you need to know what your doing huh?

I know you didn't ask but if you want to go 12's I would say get an alky system to supplement your injectors and turn up the boost. If you want to do it on gas alone get a new injector/chip combo and turn up the boost. Just don't turn up the boost at all if you don't have a scan tool. In fact, if you don't have a scan tool turn the boost down.

working at a dealership I have access to some decent scan tools...everytime its driven I check everything over and log a couple hits to check and I have a wideband to keep an eye on things any other time...hopefully common sense and some good understanding is enough till I get the car paid off....Im thinking a new injector/chip combo is all she will need at the power level its at now to get it down there with a decent launch....

Trust me a powerlogger is on the list

Maybe the blown compressor seal is hurting me?:p

You mentioned audible knock. That's what prompted me to mention the scan tool. Not so you can check codes, so you can monitor knock in real time. Maybe an audible knock gauge. Just something to listen for knock because on a scale of 1-10 if you can hear detonation it's about an eight or higher. That's a sure way to a blown head gasket or a rebuilt motor.

8.2=slow in the quarter:biggrin:. Fwiw a 7.0 g body car shut off at the eighth will roll to 11.70 out the back.

yeah I know if I can hear it thats pretty bad...It never ever does that and that is only the second time that has happened....im sure the only thing that kept bad things from happening was the fuel....she has been a tank so far and has perfect compression (knock on wood)....

Soon as I can get ahead on my payments on this thing a scanmaster is on the way...until then Im entertaining the idea of some knock monitoring ear muff dealios fixed to the block so I can literally hear what the sensor is hearing....