Bounty huntin' preparations - If you only counted the 1/8 in eliminations

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Heads up racing is so much fun! Anyone have any 'on-paper' 1/8 upsets from eliminations last year against the 'Hunted' even though they lost in the 1/4?

At BG in TAI eliminations I almost had JD at the 1/8th, but he was just a little too fast!

R/T .437 vs .176 R/T = .261 Lead
330 4.324 vs 4.513 = .189 and my lead was down to .072
1/8 6.603 vs 6.936 = .333 and the lead back to JD by .072

Thanks JD for the video too:

[video=youtube;ucVrOidNejs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucVrOidNejs[/video]

This is why its important to be on the tree.. the slightest mishap on the other lane of a faster car.. you take the win. He basically muscle'd around you at the top of the track. Had you gotten a better reaction time by .100.. it would have been yours :D

But i'll quote Grumpy.. woulda, coulda, shoulda... its all good :D

I got nothing to hide;)
2011-11-05_16-12-32_189.jpg

That was before winter mods lol. I am getting the tree thing down with my new transbrake.

I turned it up in Grumpy fashion at BG but the trans was not cooperating. I ran the same trap speed at 18 psi on different setups before alky and after alky at the same boost timing level and then same trap as 25 psi with good A/F, so I started locking the converter and picked up 10 mph, but it would still flare 1000 rpm on the shifts when I turned it up to 31.9 psi (highest it would read on powerlogger and no knock).... The trans was last serviced in 2003. Guess its time to get the spare tranny rebuilt and ready in time for dead hookers...

Yep, time for a trans freshen up. I recommended going non lockup and getting a 9.5 ptc. Not bad on the street or highway either.

.020 on a pro tree, you've got it figured out!

I'm in the .150 - .180 range on the pro tree with just a foot brake. I just need more practice, luckily the tracks in FL are open year round.

I turned it up in Grumpy fashion at BG but the trans was not cooperating. I ran the same trap speed at 18 psi on different setups before alky and after alky at the same boost timing level and then same trap as 25 psi with good A/F, so I started locking the converter and picked up 10 mph, but it would still flare 1000 rpm on the shifts when I turned it up to 31.9 psi (highest it would read on powerlogger and no knock).... The trans was last serviced in 2003. Guess its time to get the spare tranny rebuilt and ready in time for dead hookers...

You did very good considering the hurt trans.. See you at DH14.. see if I can get my 8 sec slip

You did very good considering the hurt trans.. See you at DH14.. see if I can get my 8 sec slip

Good luck on your quest for the 8's! I'll be there. I've been driving the car around town and I can't feel it shift anymore, it drives like a Park Avenue. TV cable just makes it shift later, but not harder.