GN vs. C6 z06

;) Just to add to the confusion...

Carrddine runs 22lbs on 91 oct with no knock on Alky. I run 24 lbs on 91 Oct with Alky and Zero Knock...

How is this Impossible BS?

FWIW, I like the look of the new vette and the Viper too. I like fast cars but it's much cooler to be one of the few "death dealers" on the streets.

Case in point, I was out and about in San Diego and was heading home. I jumped on the 805 North and came across a new Lambo (a gallardo I think) It still had temp tag stickers on it. Older dude driving. I came up on him and figured I'd play (knowing full well that if he wanted to, he'd suck out my headlights) ;)

I opened the exhaust, to let him know and I did get his attention. He then looked straight ahead an wouldn't play. I blasted ahead and hope to entice him but he slowed to a crawl- literally like 55mph. I was embarrassed for him... :eek: Why bother to buy somehting like that if you can't or won't use it?

Anyone can go out and buy fast cars. It's the heart and soul we put into these cars that keep them faster than the rest. Oh yeah, and they're cheaper too... :biggrin:

Just my 2 cents.

The claim was 20lbs no alky.

300 hp to push these bricks 155. That's not as bad as I thought. Not that I would push this car that far. You get up over 100 and the front end starts to float a bit. I wonder how it would do with better suspension components?

Sorry misread the claim. Carrddine is in that territory as well. His car is wierd like that. 91 oct and above average boost w/o alky.

I start knocking at about 15 lbs on 91 w/o alky... :mad:

"objects in mirror are much closer than they appear" - or at least that's what they tell me.. :smile:

Car and Driver

The Sept. 2006 issue of car and driver states the 2006 Vette's best times is as follows.

505 HP
470 ftlb tourqe @ 4800
0-60 = 3.5sec
0-100 = 8.3
0-150 = 17.7
1/4mi = 11.70@123

This is with a experianced driver for the magazine I would asume, but non the less if your not an experianced driver like in the test you could easly see those numbers climb. just because a car comes out capable of 11.70's don't always mean that is what they can all do! Have a nice day!!

MoeJr said:
You know I told you I was entitled to my opinion and to not berate me for it but seeings you obviously cannot read Scot let me spell it out for you.

YOU ARE FULL OF BS!! At least make your story believeable.
And I sure wanna know what miracle IC you have that allows you to run 20psi on 93 octane. I have been around these cars since 92 as an owner and working on my friends and customers TR's. I am no kid typing bull. And Dave I do know how to tune these cars so don't even throw that BS at me. I never said you didn't know how to tune so don't say it here to me.

Scot you said you ran 7.50/93 in the 1/8. Lets use the 93 mph figure. If you go here http://corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c6/2006/z06/2006z06perf.html you will see every road test for the C6 Z06. The 2 tests that show 0-90 figures avg out to 6.55 sec.

I have put up my BS flag.
Car and Driver Sept, 2006 0-100 = 8.3 sec. now on your same link it shows 8.9 for the year 2006 under the mo. of sept. ?????

marred4life said:
wow your really on the offensive side huh, so does this make you a master gn tuner, sounds like your a spoiled teenager trying to make sence in the buick world, and if your refering to my blown headgasket take note that i have a unmolested original 166k engine with factory headgaskets. if your so good at tuning than why dont you try bieng the next TURBO TWEAK, sucka :eek:
now look who sounds like the teenager! Iv'e got 15yrs on you son and have probly forgot more than you will learn.

Well this horse isn't dead after all :eek:

Scot, we're not magazine racers. But for the sake of continuing this BS argument, lets say it's real. So the guy you raced sux ass and can't drive. Is it far to say these cars are slow and that you could put 8 cars on them? I mean considering how many people who's actually has seen these cars run damn near flat 11's stock? If it was me, I would have said I got xtremely luck...but thats just me.

Maybe the vette had already passed you and was heading back the other way when you saw him???????

ScottW I've got your back! I work on cars for a living and when some a##hole with a mustang or a camaro blasts by the shop at full throttle w/ flowmasters I hear "Damn Dave, I bet that' ll beat the Grand National!" ####ing idiots have no idea! GN rules .....

I run about a thousand PSI of boost on 87 no knock. Ive beeten low flying planes and george jetson. I just learned how to tune with my etch a sketch so everythings working out ok. :D (just trying to ease some tension)

i see this thread got out of hand quick. i believe Scot W's story because 8 car lengths is just a missed shift away...good kill and keep the Turbo 6 flag flying high..........................Turbo Buicks Rule :D .....................Bob

This is has to be one of the most childish posts I have seen on this board. So a person takes a modified car and beats a stock car. Big freakin deal. It's been happening since some of you were still an egg and a sperm. The C6 ZO6 is one of the best performance cars in the world and the numbers are there to prove it from the dragstrip to the Nurburgring. That doesn't change because a few people decide to throw a few $$$s into a GN and beat a terrible driver. Maybe in the minds of a few adolescence. I agree that this post did get out of hand because of a poor driver in a ZO6. The GN is a great car, when modified, but still only does one thing very well.

Like the person mentioned above, I have my own repair business, spent many years as a tech for Mercedes Benz and have a few certificates from Skip Barber. I wouldn't attempt to do some of the things I have done in a new Viper, 911, M3 and Boxter around a road course in the GN. Atleast not without increasing my life insurance policy. The C6 ZO6 would destroy all of them around a course in a blink. It's ok to mod a car and beat other cars, but when the ignorant and unsupported comments come out about the stock car, then you look just plain foolish. You are still flesh and your car is just metal which makes either far from a God. :) I hope the mods close this post soon or move it some place near a garbage can. :rolleyes:

scot w. said:
Car and Driver Sept, 2006 0-100 = 8.3 sec. now on your same link it shows 8.9 for the year 2006 under the mo. of sept. ?????

Read it again!! The 8.9 was R&T. U panned over one. And mag drivers for the most part are hit and miss.

malibu78 said:
Well might as well add some more fuel to the fire. Check it out.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1156472#post1156472

Look at this MPH :eek: With a decent 60 the car is in the low 10's
128mph isnt low 10's unless its a really quick car (in the 9's)and the driver let off before the traps. 128mph=10.50's-10.60's with a good 60' like a 1.50. Thats no f'in joke though. Better not run that from a roll unless you have a low 10 second car. :biggrin:

For most of us this is a hobby. I have fun win or lose. I have seen four new Z06's in the the town I live in,,,, one of them is blue. While I was pumping gas the blue one was on the other side of the pump. A man comes out of the store talking about how he really liked that shade of blue and how you really do not see many of those. The guy in the Vette starts talking about the Vette and the guy cut's him short and say's,"Sorry I was talking about the Buick T-Type". Mine is a dark sea blue. The man caught me off guard because I was looking at the Vette too. I won that race by a smile.