GN vs. C6 z06

malibu78

has anyone run a new z06. There's a gentleman on zo6vette.com that says he ran 11.20 bone stock on stock tires. What do you guys think?

Dont know what the new Z06's run, but I have a friend with a 2004 Z06, and it supposedly runs 12.20's stock on street tires.

They are fast but I don't know about 11.20's right out the box!! But I've been wrong before....MANY TIMES!! :biggrin:

Most of the new C6 Z06's trap at 120+ mph. Motor Trend in 12/05 ran 11.6 @ 126.6. 11.20's is possible bone stock but he would have had to have gotten one hell of a 60" time to do it.

I've seen 11.7 out of the box and 11.0 on drag radials, same car and both runs with more mph than me(125+mph)so it's definatly got the power

TTA850 said:
I've seen 11.7 out of the box and 11.0 on drag radials, same car and both runs with more mph than me(125+mph)so it's definatly got the power

That is impressive.... but if you spent 52k on your GN....would he be close enough to make out what model G body you have at the traps?

a 3.7 second 0-60 on street tires with a pro driver says something about the car... then again 0-60 is ALL 1ST GEAR! Seriously one of the fastest cars ever produced for under $100K. If you got the cash and can get one for msrp they are one of the best bang for the buck cars out there... throw a SC on there and all of the sudden you have a 750hp car at 5-7lbs of boost on a stock engine. :eek: it is a NASTY car that is for sure.

I don't really think it's a fair comparison in any way. Hell, you could spend as much if not more on a GNX but the z06 will still be faster and handle a lot better and it has a man tran. Granted, you could easily dump money into a GN to make it faster than a z06, but that would only be in a straight line.

GNTurbo6 said:
I don't really think it's a fair comparison in any way. Hell, you could spend as much if not more on a GNX but the z06 will still be faster and handle a lot better and it has a man tran. Granted, you could easily dump money into a GN to make it faster than a z06, but that would only be in a straight line.

I respect that..... but the original comparison was at the drag strip....

I know they handle better... brake better... ect...

GN vs Z06

You guys can have your Z06, I'll take my old square V6 powered Black Buick over that Vette anyday. TURBO 6 FOREVER!!!

Chris

Ranger is the driver that got an 11.20 out of the stock Z06. He also got 11.70s(or 80s) or something rediculous out of a C5 Z. The man is a machine and has it down to an exact science. Most owners are in the 11.6-11.7 range. On the street any GN not trapping at least 120 will not have a chance against a decent driver from a stop. From a roll..... well we won't go there.

11.2 on an allll aluminum 427? yep. all day long. that car beats lamborghinis on the WAY to the track. You better have a few mods under your hood to keep up with that stupid thing. EASILY the best bang for the buck on the planet, and Im not trying to exaggerate. The next fastest cars out, cost DOUBLE that car.
Though, is it faster than our cars? For the most part? no. Look at most peoples signatures in here. Theres a LOT of 11 and 12 second TR's here. to make a tr go low 12's, is pretty much just a few mindless part swaps, and a good tune. After youve done some research of course. Still, for a 10,000 dollar TR, and say, 3 grand worth of work, you could beat Z06s all day.
What gets me is, people call our cars lead sleds, only good for straight line racing.. Im not sure about you guys, but I know for a fact, that if you do all the upper and lower aluminum control/trailing arm replacements, all bushings including the body mounts, Good sway bars, bilstein shocks, 1Le close ratio steering modification, and throw on some top of the line yokohamas or bfg g force t/a kd tires, your car will ride like youve never felt a g body ride before. Sure, it still wont ride like a corvette, but it wont be a slouch in the handling department either. It would be totally capable of maneuvering on the city streets, while humbling the local porsche or vette owner.
These cars arent the one trick pony many people make them out to be. I know a few gn's in the area, that would just absolutely EMBARRASS any porsche, ferarri or corvette, drag racing or otherwise.

Whats the fun of going to a dealer signing a piece of paper and taking out your new 11sec Zo6. Go join the rest of the 50yr olds with 0 class. I apreciate vettes when they are loved and worked on but I feel bad for the real lovers of vettes that any normal gets his oil changed at jiffy lube joe can just go buy the car and drive away. I appreciate driving a 10sec Gn and looking down at my forever busted to **** bloody knuckles, knowing I truely deserve to be putting the smack down on people who "think" they have a fast car. "Cough cough, M3 owners, cough, cough" ;)

GetOwnedVette said:
Whats the fun of going to a dealer signing a piece of paper and taking out your new 11sec Zo6. Go join the rest of the 50yr olds with 0 class. I apreciate vettes when they are loved and worked on but I feel bad for the real lovers of vettes that any normal gets his oil changed at jiffy lube joe can just go buy the car and drive away. I appreciate driving a 10sec Gn and looking down at my forever busted to **** bloody knuckles, knowing I truely deserve to be putting the smack down on people who "think" they have a fast car. "Cough cough, M3 owners, cough, cough" ;)

Z06 vettes are not only straight line cars. For the most part 95% of GNs are straight line cars. the fact that the Z can run mid to low 11s on a suspension that will destroy all but the most expensive/high horsepowered exotics around a road course is just a bonus. The vette is much more than a factory 11 sec car. I agree working on your car and making it into your own version of a badass street car is the best, and most rewarding way to go. But real vette lovers love this vette. Because it can compete with anything else in its class regardless of price, and this car has finally put GM back on top in the domestic sports car class. No vette owner liked playing second fiddle to the Viper.

JDSfastGN said:
Z06 vettes are not only straight line cars. For the most part 95% of GNs are straight line cars. the fact that the Z can run mid to low 11s on a suspension that will destroy all but the most expensive/high horsepowered exotics around a road course is just a bonus. The vette is much more than a factory 11 sec car. I agree working on your car and making it into your own version of a badass street car is the best, and most rewarding way to go. But real vette lovers love this vette. Because it can compete with anything else in its class regardless of price, and this car has finally put GM back on top in the domestic sports car class. No vette owner liked playing second fiddle to the Viper.

True, they rape on the track, my only and I mean only reason I just wont ever want one is the fact that you see wayy too many of them, thats why I said I feel bad for the vette owners that truely love the car and have to see every normal person on the road with one. I feel bad for them

Theres a kid here where i live with more money then since. Was @ the track last time I went an was upper 10's on N20.. That same night rollback came to the track to get car since it was making a NOISE from the motor. He wasn't too cocky after that happen... :frown:

I have seen two different C6 Z06's run at the track. Best time I personally saw was 12.30@118 or so. I have seen C5 Z06's run faster than that. So I know there is a big difference on who is driving. I have seen a lot of C5 Z06's run upper 12s. The best I have seen a stock C5 Z06 was 12.0@116. So a good driver in a C6 Z06 should be much better than that.

I agree....way too many vettes on the road. When I am in my GN I get more looks and questions than any vette in town. I live in a city of 120,000 and I have the only GN, versus about 200 vettes that the doctors and lawyers drive around.

Theres a kid here where i live with more money then since. Was @ the track last time I went an was upper 10's on N20.. That same night rollback came to the track to get car since it was making a NOISE from the motor. He wasn't too cocky after that happen... :frown:

Adam Connell said:
a 3.7 second 0-60 on street tires with a pro driver says something about the car... then again 0-60 is ALL 1ST GEAR! Seriously one of the fastest cars ever produced for under $100K. If you got the cash and can get one for msrp they are one of the best bang for the buck cars out there... throw a SC on there and all of the sudden you have a 750hp car at 5-7lbs of boost on a stock engine. :eek: it is a NASTY car that is for sure.

SUPERCHARGER?? :confused: Come on Turbocharger!! :D Check it out!

http://www.corvettegarage.com/product/corvette-garage-tti-twin-turbo-kit-for-c5-and-z06.html