GN1 Roller Rockers

BADBUIKKS

Anyone running GN1 roller rockers? What do you think of the quality. They are in stock vs waiting a few months on T&d’s. Plus save a couple hundred. Any thoughts appreciated.

I had bad luck with Scorpion roller rockers. Two were made wrong. These two split in half. Scorpion replaced them and the set is now sitting on the shelf to be sold cheaply. Went with T& D because they were in stock. Brad

They look identical to me…. The untrained eye. Yea I was looking at the gn1’s with the shaft. Not the scorpions.

Harland Sharp and T&D are the ones with Some history but I would not hesitate to try the stuff from GN1.

Great, I have Scorpions on my new engine, I hate reading these threads. Hahaha
Nothings ever in stock that you want while you're building these engines, that's the other issue.

What's the Scorpions material, aluminum?
Then curious what make up of aluminum.

Nothings ever in stock that you want while you're building these engines, that's the other issue.

My two scorpions failed because the receiver hole for the pushrod was in the wrong place. The pushrod rubbed on rocker and split them in half horizontally.

My most recent set of scorpions was shedding bits & pieces of circlips. I had to go through them a replace all the clips

99C3A222-7A94-4B16-9DE4-D41A87885EA4.jpg

GN1 has lots of off shore parts. They look the same ......but? When something is cheaper there is usually a reason. Harland Sharp or T/A for me.

No problems with the Scorpion rockers, just the crappy studs Champion sent me. One broke a long way from home. I went with ARP studs and it has been fine ever since.
I've been running the Scorpion rockers 1.55 ratio with 195 -200 lbs spring seat pressure for over ten years on my GN1 aluminum heads without any problems. Like ek02 said in this thread- you have to make sure that you're installing them with the ARP 234-7202 professional stud kit and ensuring correct pushrod length, clearance on the guide plates and rocker roller tips in the center on the valve stem- rotate the engine to verify proper installation.

Harland Sharp. 1.55, 1.6, or 1.65 available, long history of over 50 years in business, MADE IN AMERICA, LIFETIME warrenty!
Also they have a hardened shaft, and the rocker rides on a roller bearing, unlike most of the Chinese stuff that runs the aluminum of the rocker against a softer shaft.
TIMINATOR