GN vs. C6 z06

I raced one...

I have a C5 Z06 and raced a C6 Z06 at the track. I got beat- 11.8 to my 12.7. As mentioned earlier, Ranger on corvetteforum.com has run 11.20 in a 100% bone stock C6 Z06. The higher trap speeds I've seen posted by a C6 Z06 is 125-128 mph. That is nuts. So, to hang with a C6Z on a roll, you'll need to be a solid ten second Buick. Ranger has 60 foots in the low 1.8 range on the C6Z. If he can get a 1.70, he should be close to a 10.99 in the 1/4 mile.

On the other hand, my 127 mph trapping Buick should be able to hang with a C6 Z06.

I don't care if it costs 70 grand, I'd get one if I could afford to blow that much money on it. Heck, I have half that in my Buick mods now :rolleyes:

I been reading this posts for a while and and the new vettes are great cars or cars are legends and were the **** in the 80's the were advance for there time but we cant compare our stock cars to new tech muscle cars,for our buicks to run quick which they can for cheap they have to be set on kill mode race gas slicks ect.Any car that can run mid 11's on pump gas with stock everything is impressive.

i like the new Z06 its one bad ass car, but owning turbo buick is way more fun and you get more looks from people that actually know about good classy cars, do you guys remember that old saying, WE BRAKE FOR CORVETTES :biggrin:

8 cars is hard to believe but anything can happen on the street. Going by how much I used to get flamed by my own people for my near daily kills, I have to believe the guy. A bad launch, misshift, hesitation, etc can easily turn into 8 cars. My 12 second car used to beat a lot of 11 second cars on the street. Can't explain it but it happened all the time.

i see this thread got out of hand quick.
It sure did! And it's not just apples to oranges, either. There are some watermelons and lemons thrown in, just for good measure. The new Z06 will run in the 11s, on street tires,and pump gas. How many of our Buicks can do that? The Corvette has a better weight distribution, nearly 50/50, while the Buicks are closer to 55/45, so the traction advantage off the line is not as big as some would think. The aero drag of the Vette is just not comparable to the Buick, and the brakes are as much better as the aerodynamics. Even with slicks and race gas, those who can beat the Vette in a 1/4 mile will soon be looking at tail lights, because the stock gearing of the Z06 will take them near 200 mph. There is a lot of car for the money in that Z06 package. But it doesn't have a back seat!

Ormand said:
It sure did! And it's not just apples to oranges, either. There are some watermelons and lemons thrown in, just for good measure. The new Z06 will run in the 11s, on street tires,and pump gas. How many of our Buicks can do that? The Corvette has a better weight distribution, nearly 50/50, while the Buicks are closer to 55/45, so the traction advantage off the line is not as big as some would think. The aero drag of the Vette is just not comparable to the Buick, and the brakes are as much better as the aerodynamics. Even with slicks and race gas, those who can beat the Vette in a 1/4 mile will soon be looking at tail lights, because the stock gearing of the Z06 will take them near 200 mph. There is a lot of car for the money in that Z06 package. But it doesn't have a back seat!

i raced a new 06 z06,from a dead stop,car took off from me like a bat out of hell :eek: ...he was 2 cars ahead of me by the time my buick started making full boost, we were dead even all the way,until we both shut down.....

alittlev6 said:
i raced a new 06 z06,from a dead stop,car took off from me like a bat out of hell :eek: ...he was 2 cars ahead of me by the time my buick started making full boost, we were dead even all the way,until we both shut down.....

What's your combo? Good for reference sake.

MoeJr said:
What's your combo? Good for reference sake.

1986 buick grand national:

faerman racing built 109 block
wiseco pistons, manley rods,rjc girdled
duttweiller ported heads w/big valves
CAS intercooler
212/212 flat tapped cam
innovative t-77 turbo
art carr tranny w/ stage rite transbrake
9 in, rear,.
home tuned :cool:

Bythe way i started going full boost by second gear, boosting around 25psi with c16 gas and regular bfg tires. i spun a little on the hit,abnd thats was it,catch up by the end of second, going into third in :d: mode. It was a little more than a 1/4, im thinking if i didnt shut down, his speed and aerodynamics would of killed me,top of that a all aluminum 427ci :eek: .. From first hand experience when i raced him,the car is a damn monster fromt he get go,and he was all stock,rigth down to the tires!! This car moves and when i say it moves,it will take off like a airplane and will keep on pusing for more and more, just like a turbo modded regal,but with Heck of alot more of SPEED and power.

youd have to gear a buick for all top end to beat a c6z06 at anything above a quarter mile.
pt88 turbo, 83 pound injectors, double pumper fuel pump, 273 rear end gear, 4" tin man cold air intake, open dump pipe, alcohol injection, with an rjc mega cooler FMIC, z rated tires, and a lowered suspension to hang with one of those on the freeway. and even to that, we'd still get whooped. Though Id like to try and build a buick like that! One day maybe... Oh well, at least its a gm. At least all the speed was kept in the family lol.

Turbo6Smackdown said:
youd have to gear a buick for all top end to beat a c6z06 at anything above a quarter mile.
pt88 turbo, 83 pound injectors, double pumper fuel pump, 273 rear end gear, 4" tin man cold air intake, open dump pipe, alcohol injection, with an rjc mega cooler FMIC, z rated tires, and a lowered suspension to hang with one of those on the freeway. and even to that, we'd still get whooped. Though Id like to try and build a buick like that! One day maybe... Oh well, at least its a gm. At least all the speed was kept in the family lol.

amen