Finally got the 86 out to some car shows for the season.. eye candy pics inside..

Super clean car !!!! I love how reflective your paint is. I do have one question, could you give your new camera to a pretty lady to take a few pics of herself in your paint.....just to see how your paint reflects human images.

I do have one lined up just trying to get the moons lined up to make it happen. :cool:

that is a VERY VERY nice car you have there sir!!!! that engine bay is spottless and classy!!! great job.

Wow fantastic looking paint/body, makes me want to spend the money to paint mine but then I wouldn't want to drive it if it came out that nice.

I gotta low miler your car rocks! What did you powder coat under the hood?ie valve covers,turbo sheild etc?

Very nice. Not many people would spend the time and money to make their car that sharp.

Thanks again guys for the compliments. I just love making these cars look good so they represent out there.
For the powder coating I did everything. Nuts, Bolts, screws, hard vac lines, coolant line, Fuel rail, you name it I coated it. I did glossy black on the black items. Even the entire intercooler is powder coated glossy black. I could have went satin and looked more factory but the car has 82K on it so I oped for the bling of the gloss.
The valve covers, intake, TB, dog house, and everything gray is a coating called sterling silver. Kinda looks flat but has a little sparkle in it so when the sun hits it you get a nice pop from the color.
The headers, bolts, crossover, down pipe, turbo shield, up pipe are all ceramic coated. I'm going to take the rest of the exhaust off and do that black satin jet hot. It has the hooker car back on it.

You didnt dissapoint Jim, that is a very fine piece of art right there:cool:

VERY VERY NICE!

hello people; That's one clean nice car. The engine bay is super. Since you got that new high picel camera how about some shots of the underbelly.
thanks
IBBY

You personally did the powdercoat or did you have a shop do it? Just curious. I've had a few things done and did not like they way they turned out. Seems like it would be best to do it myself.

BTW, super clean ride... Well done.

Thanks again boys for all the compliments! This years plan is Ohio in July/August to the BPG event with the car and Bowling Green in October. Hopefully you guys can see it in person at one of those events!

I guess one of the big things that help me with the powder coating is I have a local guy who is very close by to me. I can drop it off at his house 24/7 and pick up the same way. I took him a box of parts Thursday and it was done Sunday. So he's quick on top of that and the cake topper is he's cheap. I send him a lot of work so he really takes care of me. I've had parts done and checked with other coaters in the area and their price is about 10x more. The mark up is insane on that work. This guy also works for a huge powder coating place during the day and then at night he has his own powder coating shop. I think he stays at the first place for benefits. The main coater he works for won't even touch car parts. They powder coat parts by the thousands with government contracts. He's always telling me how they will get in millions of nuts and bolts to be powder coated for the government. So he eats and sleeps the stuff.

I've been plucking stuff off under the car now and getting it done so when that project is done and I get it up on a lift I'll shoot some underside shots. I just had the plate on the body over top the cat done in ceramic coating along with the trans pan and cross member. They came out great. If I had the room I think I'd pull this thing off the frame and powder coat the frame! Now that would be sick! :) I think it's a good thing I don't have the room for that! :D

I show the car a lot locally and I just got really tired of seeing local turbo Buick's with super low miles on them and the engine bay looks horrible. The hardest things to keep nice on these cars is the intake, valve covers, and tb. Not to mention the headers/down pipe looks like crap uncoated. I felt bad I was at a show recently with a low mile GNX and I beat him with this car. He was all stock as well. To me just because it was a GNX it should beat any GN due to how rare the GNX is, but the engine bay was all untouched factory and I'm sure most of you can picture what a under 40K engine bay that's been untouched looks like.

I think the engineers did a killer job on these cars when they built them and I always liked the look of a bone stock engine bay. My 87 is modified heavily and there was so many times I wished I left it stock and did it this way. But.... When I get in my 87 and nail it I don't feel that way :D but for the looks like stock engine bay looks great in these cars when detailed nicely. This car came along and the price was right and the timing was right and I had the resources at my finger tips and this was the end result after only a few months of owning it.

This is what the engine bay looked like when I bought the car a year and a half ago for those that have not seen it....

4607290578_1d774ca63b_b.jpg

4606676615_d386010b0e_b.jpg

4607290822_2b2accce01_b.jpg

4606676935_2cdcca4e45_b.jpg

It didn't look totally horrible... (well the valve covers sure did) but I hope I can inspire some of you guys to represent those Buick's and with a little time and love any engine bay in a short time can come back like new!

One of our local MAGNA members saw the car for the first time at a cruise a few weeks back and now he's hooked. He started pulling parts off his engine and I've been getting them coated for him. Hopefully he can post some before and after pics as well. I do it for the love of the cars more then anything. These Buick's were the baddest in the land and still are and always will be in my eyes. They deserve the best and to represent out there in their glory! :cool:

Thanks guys for all the compliments! Makes me feel good when the Buick guys give me the thumbs up. I've seen so many low mile stockers and the engine bays look horrible. I had to do something to represent the GN's out there at the shows making it look like new again. Lots of blood sweat and tears in that engine bay and on that car in just a few months. A little more to go here and there. I'm so addicted to powder coating and making these cars look good I've started pulling stuff off under the car and getting it coated! Someone help! lol :D

Jim: I got a little tiny Canon PowerShot SD780 IS little bugger takes some sick pictures. I just got the 8 gig card for it so I can take over 2500 pictures :D
It also shoots HD video (1280 x 720 pixels) has it's own mini HDMI connector and it's smaller then my iphone! So far I'm very impressed. I wanted something smaller that takes good pictures. I love my EOS 400D Rebel but it's so huge to haul around. Look up the specs on the SD780 IS. It's one sick little camera!

Here are a few more engine bay shots...

4503980992_86bc09ff08_o.jpg

4503349199_13c02ae824_o.jpg

4503980958_4349076267_o.jpg

4503980754_eb2184b8e3_o.jpg

:cool: Sweet :cool: Congrats. that thing is beautiful !

Your ocd kicked in , in full swing which is ok cause that has to be the cleanest 82k car i have ever seen. You suck ;) but i mean that in a good way so just don't buy and DD GN's cause in the end they'll be too nice to drive SUPER GOOD JOB :cool:

Geez man that is one of the cleanest GNs ive seen. I would be embarrassed to park mine next to yours.... I hope I can get mine painted that nice one day.

Thanks guys! :cool: Was kinda funny another GN owner was parked a few spaces away and when I parked there I left some spaces between us because when he saw me backing up and parking he yelled to me "hey don't park that thing here your gonna make me look bad!" I had to laugh. I'm just glad it can inspire some of you guys to make your Buick's look good! These cars deserve it! :cool:

As I know nothing is ever perfect and everything can use some improvement, the next steps are.... I have an AC Delco battery to go in, a new over flow tank, new power steering cap, and a new washer lid along with a new sticker for the master cyl res. :D

Car looks outstanding....Did you get the rims re-chromed?

Yes those are re-chromed and the Eagle's I found locally. They were on a 86 Olds Cutlass for about 5K. Pulled and stored in climate control While I spin the hell out of them they are in good shape for being so old. I used True Design Wheel; Contact Info He actually re-chromed my rings so they are original. Usually they re-chrome the hub and use new rings but the rims where in such good shape he just re-chromed them. Nothing beats fresh chromed GN rims! The center caps are NOS and the lugs are McGuard. I was going to use some of the OEM lug nuts but those caps suck so bad that are on the nuts I passed on dealing with that mess!