Committment list for Noble 2009

Hoping to make my first Buick event... My car is slow though .... never been on the track, and is probably a 14 second turd...

I could bring my 11 second Pontiac Firebird instead, but it just seems like I should bring the Buick. I just wish it were faster..

First year I brought my car it ran a 14.89 and I won my race on a bye. Main thing is that you show up and add another car to our count. Hopefully with the TSM cars we can field a complete ladder. You may be matched up with a 17 sec powerstroke if thats the case.

Hopefully have another commitment from a local guy. He's came up with us the past 2 years, rode up with me last year. He just bought a truck I heard so he should be able to trailer the car up this year.

OK Ricky Van Horn 87 GN

Also Phil, I didn't see Eric B. on either list of racers from last year, but I heard he might be selling his car. :frown: He's waiting on the money I guess. I need to get ahold of him - I need him to do some valve springs on my car before the shootout.

I might also run my truck depending on the numbers.

I wish it would cool off some so I could get to the track and get the T dialed in.

October 17 Event

The Shootout is a one day Event, with some pre-qualifications for TSM cars on Friday night the 16th. Test and tune is available to all on Friday night. While we do not announce payouts for this Event, there will be some, including the first time gathering of TSM cars, which at this time has a separate pot of $500 for those participants. Their qualifications will also be used in the Shootout, although they do not have to be in the same configuration. (ie weight, etc) Thanks to everyone, like John, who takes the time to call and invite someone they know who might be able to participate. John is always an asset and has saved our bacon before. I did just get a call from EJ Howe with confirmation of his plan to attend with his new big block Regal along with the McDade family. I will be excited to see you, Bobby, with the Catagory 6 car, a class act. Dick Walker, okbuicks

This should be a great year. This will be my 6th time coming to this event. Enjoy it every year. I don't mind the 450 mile drive from central TX to Ok. I'm a big fan of turbo Regals and Mustang 5.0. Sounds like its going to be a blast this year, can't wait.:D

Glad to see all the posts. I haven't been receiving any emails about the activity on this thread for the last week or so even though I am "subscribed".

Closing in on the 3 month time frame and looks like interest in starting to gain momentum.

Get a BO'ed part and some cooler weather and I can get mine ready for the event.

Phil Engle

I am sure not going to be making it this year :( My wife delivers our child on or about 10/18, while I would love to go, I am staying home with our newborn baby girl :) :) I'll be praying for the ford drivers,.. , so that they can pickup their pride from the floor after the major A$$ whooping they are going to get from the BUICK crowd!!! lol

Commitment List for Noble

Juanjo322: Congratulations on the baby on the way. We wish you a healthy and happy baby and an easy chilldbirth for your wife. Be sure and post some pictures here.

We will take care of business in Noble while you're taking care of business at home.:biggrin:

Phil Engle

Phil, thank you for your kind words and I have no doubt you guys will take care of business and remind them ford boys/gals who the kings on the street and track really are. I will post pictures as soon as we bring her home :biggrin:

Thanks,

Juan Hernandez

ha-ha. Just noticed something strange(funny) on the list of commits vs non-commits.

Mrstage1=Lawrence,Kansas
Mark Shackelford=Lawrence, Kansas

I am that guy..errr, guys. Both of them. They are me. or should I say I, mrstage1, am Mark Shackelford. Really... it's me, and I am coming to the event again in the flat Black BB Buick powered Nova.

lolol

ha-ha. Just noticed something strange(funny) on the list of commits vs non-commits.

Mrstage1=Lawrence,Kansas
Mark Shackelford=Lawrence, Kansas

I am that guy..errr, guys. Both of them. They are me. or should I say I, mrstage1, am Mark Shackelford. Really... it's me, and I am coming to the event again in the flat Black BB Buick powered Nova.

lolol

Hey, both of you can't go. We don't have the room.;)

Hey, both of you can't go. We don't have the room.;)
Oh man, somebody is gonna be disappointed.:(

Mrstage1:"Not gonna be me."

Mark:"The heck it's not."

Mrstage1:"Send ya a post card"

Mark:"I'll send YOU some pics while I'M there."

Mrstage1:"Peace out, I'm on my way."

Mark:"Don't turn your back on me.":mad:

My head hurts now.:tongue:

Mark or mrstageone: It was my pleasure to provide your amusement for the day.:biggrin:

Enclosed is updated list of committed racers only:

AR DAVID WOOD
AR DOUG STOUT
AR JACK KOTLARZ
AR JAMES KIDDY
AR KINGOTS 2004
AR QUICK ONE
AR RAY ALEXANDER
AR WILL BARNES
IL TURBO-T
KS JURRASIC FIVE 7
KS LUKE SILKY
KS MATT GORDON
KS MR. STAGE 1
MA JACK COTTON
MO BOOST BROTHER
NE GEARGRINDER
NE GN1090SS
NE JOHN PLOG
OH JOHN SCHMIDT
OK ALAN CLAYTON
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BLOWN OKIE
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BRANDON WYMER
OK BRYANT GANTTER
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK CLIFF'S RAM AIR
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DICK WALKER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK GARY LIMB
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS #2
OK JIMMIE MARTIN
OK JUSTAMATT
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK LARRY BRASWELL
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MALYNDA RIDGE
OK MIKE LERNER
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RENE ZELDENTHUIS
OK RICKY VAN HORN
OK RON RUSSELL
OK RUSSELL GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK SHANE CLARKE
OK SHAWN LARSEN
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TRACY HOOPER
TX 8URV8
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CURTIS ROY
TX DAN BRODASKI
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX E J HOWE
TX FRANK BROOKS
TX JD BROOKS
TX JOHN PEKAR
TX LEGACY GN
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX MIKE HOGAN
TX PAT HOGAN
TX PHIL UNDERWOOD
TX RACHEL
TX SCOTT ROY
TX SIXGUN86GN
TX TIM ROY
TX TIM WENDEBURG
TX TODD KAY
TX TURBOGA
BOP4ever
V8 ASSASSIN

Phil Engle

Do we have an official count for the TSM series that are showing up for the um bail out???:eek:

LSTType, we do not have an official commitment count for the TSM Series competition. Are you a contender ? Is there some significance in the "em bail out" ?? Dick Walker

Luke, I just realized that LSTType was you. I thought I should recognize the cars in your signature. Are you stirring up anything ? DW

No, I was just making light of the fact that the tsm cars can fill the void of low 10 second cars that we need. trying to inject a little humor is all.

Actually DW, Luke wasn't trying to be funny. He really meant bail out, as in so many fast cars that the Fords will bail out instead of racing us this year.

He just couldn't convey that as UPS guys are a serious lot by nature. Cereally. Tell a joke and everyone is laughing but the UPS guy.

Watch this: Luke how many Ford guys does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer: I have no idea since I can't find any to try it. They're too busy Fixing Or Repairing Daily.

See, that's funny, but Luke isn't laughing though. He's probably got the UPS guy stare going. I've seen it, it's scary serious. Honest.

:p :p :p :biggrin:

I'm sorry I'm not in that club yet, but will try to break the 10's if the weather is cool enough.

I'm sorry I'm not in that club yet, but will try to break the 10's if the weather is cool enough.

Be a good contest between you and my friend Larry Eads to see who hits the 10's first. Your combos are almost identical.

I want to see if I can outrun James Kiddy from Arkansas. His car runs extremely well but he sometimes has trouble with a flat tire at a bad time.:eek: Over in Arkansas they run on a 1000 ft track since they're not sure their cars can make it a full quarter mile. Loser buys cheeseburgers at the Texas Club's mobile restaurant.:biggrin:

Phil Engle