Beech Bend Flooding

Norwalk is the following weekend

Mark your calendars, the 20th Annual Buick Race Day at Norwalk will be May 21-23, 2010. Track Rental on Friday from 8AM-3PM, with at least 2 track officials available for assistance in track conditions and electronics. Show on Saturday at Arbys, etc. Track will open at 8AM on Sunday, time trials will start at 8:30AM, will have Bracket 1 and Bracket 2, Quick 16, Special Turbo Race and 2nd Chance race. You heard it here first, pass it on!

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Norwalk is the following weekend

Mark your calendars, the 20th Annual Buick Race Day at Norwalk will be May 21-23, 2010. Track Rental on Friday from 8AM-3PM, with at least 2 track officials available for assistance in track conditions and electronics. Show on Saturday at Arbys, etc. Track will open at 8AM on Sunday, time trials will start at 8:30AM, will have Bracket 1 and Bracket 2, Quick 16, Special Turbo Race and 2nd Chance race. You heard it here first, pass it on!

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Hartline Performance will be there with all the EVENT SPECIALS that we were going to do for Bowling Green. So we hope to see alot of you at Norwalk!!

So for those of us that pre-registered, are we just SOL if the track cannot be opened?

With the amount of money at stake, I can guarantee you that SOME kind of event will take place just so refunds dont have to be issued.

Man this is all history in the making , what's going on anyway earthquakes , volcano's , epic floods are we gearing up for 2012 .

Man this is all history in the making , what's going on anyway earthquakes , volcano's , epic floods are we gearing up for 2012 .

I would not worry too much... unless the Cubs win the World Series! Then anything could happen :)

I just talked to someone at the GSCA and he the event is still on if the track is ready. :rolleyes: They'll have a definate answer by Thursday.

Pretty sad, especially since I was going to drive the Limited down 500 miles from Ohio with the old man, but what can you do I guess? Area doesnt look like water will be able to recede in time and i dont want my Limited looking like it went through a muddy motocross track. As ridiculous as it sounds, I really want them to put the show on since its the 30th and all, but selfishness aside, i feel it just wont be feasible especially with mud and water everywhere plus I dont want to see cars skating down the track b/c there is water seeping through the surface. Highly disappointing for someone who hasnt been in 10 years but what can you do I guess?:(

Directly from the Race Director, Jim Carswell:

2010 GS Nationals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, my phone has been blowing up non stop. Please remember I am on Central Standard time and call accordingly (The guys from Europe may call anytime.). Here is the deal, NOTHING has been changed as of yet. I can't tell you that it will or won't be ready absolutely. I am sure we will know much more by Thurs. As of right now Dallas is hoping the waters will continue to receed so that they may get everything back to normal as quickly as possible. As for all the operators at Rumor Control Central, unless you hear it from Ron or myself regarding the GS Nats this year it simply isn't true. I appologize for having to wait until later this week to know for sure but under the circumstances no one could do better.

Jim C.

...Jason

Just got off the phone with Beech Bend Dragstrip and Dallas just got off the phone with the Buick club and its postponed.

Dallas gave the Club a few other dates later in teh year that the track has openings.

The Club now has to meet with its folks and chose the time they want to have it at. The lady said July, Oct was a few of the possible times given.

Lets see what they choose, hope they handle this correctly.

This is what I hoped to hear. Postponement is the smart thing to do at this point rather than trying to force it to happen. Unfortunately, July is HOT but October starts to conflict with some of the other events. This is still the best decision at this point IMO.

Just got off the phone with Beech Bend Dragstrip and Dallas just got off the phone with the Buick club and its postponed.

Dallas gave the Club a few other dates later in teh year that the track has openings.

The Club now has to meet with its folks and chose the time they want to have it at. The lady said July, Oct was a few of the possible times given.

Lets see what they choose, hope they handle this correctly.

Anything of an official nature posted anywhere?

Nationals moved to october 19th-23rd

Hello guys I just talked to someone (Richard Lassiter?) at GSCA. He said Dallas has cancelled the nationals until October. Our son cried his eyes out and I feel like it also!!! SAD DAY!!!!!! Dont know what were gonna do now. My husband worked so hard and so many long nights to finish the motor!!! AUGHHHHH! Justthought you guys should know.

Mrs John Plog and PROUD OF IT:tongue:

Hello guys I just talked to someone (Richard Lassiter?) at GSCA. He said Dallas has cancelled the nationals until October. Our son cried his eyes out and I feel like it also!!! SAD DAY!!!!!! Dont know what were gonna do now. My husband worked so hard and so many long nights to finish the motor!!! AUGHHHHH! Justthought you guys should know.

Mrs John Plog and PROUD OF IT:tongue:

Well, on the bright side, if it is post poned or cancelled...the next time we race there we should have a brand new track surface. With that much water MOVING over the track, there is SURE to be some sink holes requiring new pavement. I'd be surprised if this weren't the case.