1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

DSC_6424.jpg

DSC_6422.jpg

DSC_6406.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_2611+-+Copy.JPG

Considering that a bathroom and the pit side concession stand has floated away (surely a major source of revenue), Shirley that track is not going to be ready in a week. Even if they are up and running, I'd be willing to place a wager on the scales not being activated. :frown:

Our local track floods like this all the time. It usually takes them a week to get it back to normal.

according to the weather report it should be down below flood levels Wednesday. just being optimistic.

$&%@!*^ CRAP !!!!!! I cant see how they could get all the silt and crap cleaned up in time.

not looking good at all!:mad:

Maybe it will work out..Fingers crossed.

These guys know where their bread and butter is, they will make it happen. The owner said in a news story it might take 20-25 guys to clean up the place. I'm sure there won't be trouble finding workers in todays economy. Like many have said, not the first time they've seen rain down there, might have to be an all or nothing shoot out on the 15th !

"and will water be coming up through the track all week???"
Can't you see an 8 sec pass on crap like that??
If the water was out today, one would be insane to try to park on any of the grass areas,,,,

Imagine if all the Turbo Regals, TTAs, and GSs, were there when this was occurring and the ensuing pandemonium.

If the water was out today, one would be insane to try to park on any of the grass areas,,,,

I forgot about the Water coming through business.... they were saying last year.

So what does that make it 2011 triple payout for the classes if its rained out?

HOW ABOUT A BACKUP PLAN!!!!

checked Sillverdollar schedule and looks like the week is open!!!!!!

Hopefully someone doesn't wait till the last minute to make a DECISION!!!!!

just my 2 cents!!!!!!!!!!

thanks JD

They get water there but not like that! There is no where for it to go for days! I can't even imagine the piles of mud on the track and everything else when that goes down! I just canceled all my reservations all around. The hotel desk clerk asked me what was going on they were getting cancellations all day for next week. Not worth the long ride to deal with that mess! Even if they do get it open there is no way it's going to be right! 10 day says rain next Monday thru Wed already! :eek: Oh well see you boys in Ohio!

The last time I was there, the top end of the track was not in good shape. With it being under water for a week or so there is no telling if it will be able to handle and cars without some major repairs?

At the starting line/burnout area there is a natural drain that is always hard to dry after any rain, so how it will handle this flood will be interesting?

There can be water draining through that area for days after it recedes. :confused:

Beech Bend updated their site. It says they hope to be up and running by the 14th. That puts the Nats starting on Thursday. Like Philly said, I'm sure they'll be more people canceling. If the event does happen, I don't think it'll be a very good turnout. I'm not cancelling my plans yet.

I'm with JD, time is of the essence. Book Silver Dollar and lets have it there. Of course I don't expect the GSCA to do that, they already have money from the people that pre-registered.

So why do we always go to this particular track smack-dab in the middle of this particular season? Seems we are getting rained out an awful lot these last few years.... think about it.... Kentucky in the Springtime.....?????

Beech Bend updated their site. It says they hope to be up and running by the 14th. That puts the Nats starting on Thursday. Like Philly said, I'm sure they'll be more people canceling. If the event does happen, I don't think it'll be a very good turnout. I'm not cancelling my plans yet.

The 14th is a Friday.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com