1000 post minimum before anyone can sell on this board

TurboBuRick

Staff member
Was thinking of a way to kind of weed out these cowboys selling our members crap. Prolly wouldn't be a cure all but IMO it would help.

Thoughts?

All thats gonna do is make post whoring go up huge.

Yep, pro's and cons to everything. I did have that in mind. Thought a drastic number like 1000 might deter the common dirty post whore. :p :biggrin:

this is a tuff situation .. scammers are everywhere !!! I always thought "car guys" wouldn't be like that :eek: Thats like still believing in the tooth fairy :p

Well I think if people would do their homework instead of trusting everybody might help.....

Sad to say but true.

I bought a MAF pipe from Grumpy a couple years ago for my TTA... WHEW glad I didnt get screwed:p

Thats like still believing in the tooth fairy :p

LOL! thats for sure Dan.... I do think 90% of the Buick guys are good people and have nothing but good intentions but like anything there are always a few bad apples.

Well I think if people would do their homework instead of trusting everybody might help.....

Sad to say but true.

I bought a MAF pipe from Grumpy a couple years ago for my TTA... WHEW glad I didnt get screwed:p

hey when I sell a part it usually goes out that day .. otherwise the old thing happeneds and I would forget :p Thats another thing I don't get.. When ya sell a part SHIP IT OUT !!! NO need to wait for a few weeks :eek:

Sorry Rick...I'm not liking that idea for obvious reasons...and remember everyone had to start somewhere...It seems like some buyers need to be a little more careful (and do normal things like inspect their item upon arrival), but it seems like their are bad sellers at the same time...but when sellers do something wrong it seems like its pointed out pretty fast and their selling days get numbered....if only there was a way to transfer ebay ratings to turbobuick I think that would help...Maybe a moderator can make that happen somehow ;):biggrin:

Was thinking of a way to kind of weed out these cowboys selling our members crap. Prolly wouldn't be a cure all but IMO it would help.

Thoughts?

My first thought??

Your fukin high as a kite.

My second thought??

Is this XxDARKSIDExX posting???? :wink:

Buyer beware.. Its the internet.

BW

hey when I sell a part it usually goes out that day .. otherwise the old thing happeneds and I would forget :p Thats another thing I don't get.. When ya sell a part SHIP IT OUT !!! NO need to wait for a few weeks :eek:

Matter of fact Dan I think I even had the pipe before I ever sent the check out LOL

Us oldtimers need to stick together;)

+1 Exactly.

If it was 1000 post I dont even think Richard Clark would be able to sell anything yet:eek:. There's trustworthy people out there, I know a couple with low post counts, BUT I have met them in person and would vouch for them if need be. Post counts dont mean anything, if your a piece of chit to begin with, 10,000 posts wont make up for you being a piece of chit.:rolleyes:

At my rate of post, It will take me 15 more years to be able to sell something. :tongue:

There will always be a first time for every bad seller..but if people would just do a search under the feedback section some of the situations can be stopped ahead of time. That's why it is there.

I do agree with a minimum post count, but not 1000. agree with 500 as posted above.

This was spawned of of that other thread that is going on. He was a long term member... Alot of members just do not post but are on the board every day.

Can't let a few bad apples ruin the whole batch...

A few ideas....

Stuff I have done since I got burned.....

If they have a low post count, ask them for more information. I have had sellers on here send pics of the stuff they were selling, then pics of there name on a utility bill, then pics of the parts beside a turbo buick with the license plate showing, and even pics of them holding the parts and their driver's license.

If I am gonna spend my hard earned money, I'm gonna make sure it is from a legitimate seller, especially if it is over a hundred bucks.

Take care,
John

Thoughts?

i have agree with TurboBuickRick, maybe what we can do if a member is some one new to this forum or no one really knows them.Lets say im looking in selling some rims i would have to have some one "sponsor" me in selling my rims.

Ok,let me try an explain what im trying to say,i put a post up in the for sale section and the only way i can sell them would be if TurboBuRick and an other member would say that they can yacth for me that the parts are the way its listed in my post.I hope that made some sense.