1000 post minimum before anyone can sell on this board

1000 post minimum for a sale

It's been shown that you can get ripped off whether a person has 1 post or 3000 posts so I'm not convinced that a post minimum would stop rips offs.

At my posting rate it will be 4-5 years before I have just 100 posts to be able to sell something.

When I take my car out of storage next spring I will start moving my extra parts. In '07 I upgraded my 87GN (i bought it with 206 miles on it in '89) and bolted on just about everything you can bolt onto the motor without opening it. Next spring/summer I will offer up these original 87GN parts. I actually threw most of the parts out even though they worked. I was the only person that I knew with a GN and I'd never heard of turbobuick.com. They were taking up space so I put them in the trash not realizing that perhaps I could have helped someone who needed one of those parts.

In '09 I upgraded everything again plus added new cam, springs,etc, GN1 ported heads, converter, tranny, FMIC, upgraded rear-end, etc. I am also going to move my extra aftermarket parts (1035 miles on them, mostly highway.)

My first choice is to give them away free or for a very low price to people in my area. I like to operate on the theory of 'what comes around goes around';
'one good turn deserves another', etc.

My second choice would be to offer them up on turbobuick.com but with a posting minimum most likely I won't be able to do that. People looking for original parts or for a very reasonable aftermarket upgrade will not have that choice (from me).

Instead I would have to offer them up on e-bay. I will make a profit but that was not my original intention. My original intention is to help fellow Turbo Regal owners like I have been helped.

A posting minimum won't stop scammers from selling on the site. It will certainly stop honest people with a low post count from being able to sell something.

A sellers registry may be a good idea. I certainly don't mind showing pictures or giving out a certain amount of information for the buyer to be comfortable.
I've had the same job for 25 years, I'm pretty easy to find.

Other than that, I really enjoy this site! There are some really great folks on this site!

Don't think a minimum of 1000 posts before being able to sell will help solve the problem. Would probably do little else but eliminate a lot of good parts purchase opportunities on the board and result in a lot of senseless posts.

Heck I've been on here for about 3 years now and had several decent transaction experiences both buying and selling. I don't know at what point I would get to 1000 posts, probably the 6 year mark :eek: If you're gonna do a post minimum though 1000 is awfully high......maybe 100?:confused:

With the economy the way it is, you're going to see more ripoffs, scams etc. It's just the way it is.

In my geographical area there is more theft than in the past, places getting robbed that you never would have thought of in the past, just that day and age.

Just be careful and use your gut/common sense.......if it seems sketchy and doesn't feel right, don't do it......and I know paypal fees suck, but it might be wise to try and use force the seller to take it instead of a money order or something like that you can't get back. That way you can at least dispute a transaction if things go sour....

as long as he yacth on you...i wouldnt see a problem.

VOUCH...there is no reason i should know that except for the fact that i know how you think now.

i kinda like the buddy system idea though...sure makes a person easy to get hold of.

looks like my dumb @ss needs to learn how to proof read the garbage that im posting:eek::eek::eek: