1000 post minimum before anyone can sell on this board

I havent been on this site for long but I really enjoy reading and learning new things. I have sold a few and bought a few in my short time here and all has gone well but I am not one to do a lot of posting. I dont think to put a number on posts is going to make much of a difference. Only thing I can see that will do is make some post a lot of junk or drive people away from selling here.

I do know I will only buy items under $200 without seeing it in person, pictures or not. If I do get screwed then so be it but anything over that there is no way I am sending money to anyone. I am like most and like a good deal to save some money but I would much rather just buy new from a vendor if possible and spend the extra. Piece of mind is priceless, to me anyway.

Hopefully someone out there can come up with a fair and reasonable way to keep anyone from getting screwed but I dont think any system will be fool proof. Just my thoughts.

I think 100 posts is reasonable.....

If you wanna sell something with under 100 posts then make it a requirement to post ur full name, address, D.O.B, phone number and a copy of ur drivers license. That way when someone gets screwed the screwy has legal recourse if choosing to get the Police involved.

Offer to come buy the parts in person if they are scamming or selling junk they will hesitate...Unless they are nuts and really beleive thier junk is good lol

I think 100 posts is reasonable.....

If you wanna sell something with under 100 posts then make it a requirement to post ur full name, address, D.O.B, phone number and a copy of ur drivers license. That way when someone gets screwed the screwy has legal recourse if choosing to get the Police involved.

Or have some sellers registry that the moderators keep. Only sellers that have registered then could post in the for sale section.

Or have some sellers registry that the moderators keep. Only sellers that have registered then could post in the for sale section.
Yes, an even better idea. Actually, that's a really good idea.

Pronto and GNBRETT have hit it on the head.Because you never know when a new member comes on the site that has 20 brand new long blocks stashed in his garage he wants to sell .I dont know if there would be legal matters. I have never been stiffed on this site but the more I read some people are getting really screwed.I say we all pm SGRIM with all our info. but dont tell him I said this:biggrin: because that will keep him busy for a while

The dirtbag who Phucked me outta 8K had 3,173 posts to his TB account... he's a POS regardless of how many posts he had... :mad:

So are we going to set a minimum or not? I think we need to right away. To many scams going on, to many stolen cars out there. At least set a minimum of 50 posts before selling. They do it on many other sites.

So are we going to set a minimum or not? I think we need to right away. To many scams going on, to many stolen cars out there. At least set a minimum of 50 posts before selling. They do it on many other sites.

I was a newbie on ls1tech in early october , you could not post or put up a thread in any of the for sale areas. It was a pain watching a convertor slipping by, and a rear just get bought right in front of my eyes, but i couldnt buy it because i did not have 50 posts or be there for 6 months.

I was able to get 50 posts and buy in a few days, it was a ridiculous policy that you had to have posts to buy or sell.
Id rather this here at tb.com be a free site for anyone to do what they want once they come here, fade out the bad people and let everyone here know who the bad apples are.

Here personally I would rather see a member trying to rip someone off with less than 50 posts... They are easy to spot for the untrained eye.

It gets tough when people have 3000 posts and rip people off.

It almost gets to the point where we need a telephone# and credit card information to know who is who, but that seems a little extreme for a laid back website like this.

I highly doubt everyone would give up that info just to post on a website.

BW

Another suggestion to kick around.

How about a 1 or 2 month(maybe more) time period before anyone new can post in the classified section. Those hit and run scam artists may be deterred just on that alone. Just a thought. I know Chitownracing.com has a post requirement before selling.

Times are ah changing, something has to give and maybe guys on here if not the for sale section mods should start asking tough questions, when a new thread is started.

I did just that yesterday to some jerk off with 3 posts, he came back with "im a tuning fixing expert and have been around for years" but yet he just signed on with a chopped up car for sale.. never bought anything on here, never offered any advice or asked any questions all during his vast career of working on buicks

Still amazed me how folks were clammering to make deals, and they didnt know the dude from adam with his whole 3 posts

those are the guys that got a DEAL !!! Then 2 weeks later the **** hits the fan :p

Hit the nail on the head there Dan.

I just feel the Mods in that section should take a min or two and when they see a new dude with a couple of post, hit em with a few hard questions and one of two things can happen.

1.They either respond sincere, back up and give a little history as to how they came across the stuff and why it took so long to sign up on this or any buick board.

2.They get nasty, show some immaturity and or just plain slip up.. that alone just may allow others to read into it and move on to the next thread.

Now if the latter happens and lets say, so and so still makes a deal and gets burned then crys about it...well oh friggun well... all the signs were there and they turned left.

I poked a stick at that guys thread and he came back with "oh im an expert" ive tuned for the best...im thinkin whats your name then?, Cal and Otto are tuning experts and they offer advice and help all the time. where's this genius been hiding?

he has full rear clip NO RUST but he then comes back to me and exclaims
"no where in that thread did i say rust free"

Ok so No rust and Rust free are two separate things?

He sure didnt want to release the VIN, liken it to bank account or CC.. I see VINS here all the time...anyone want to run my VIN?

I was interested in a part but I am leary and if they come back like a pompous azz then damn right I'll keep my money.

Hit the nail on the head there Dan.

I just feel the Mods in that section should take a min or two and when they see a new dude with a couple of post, hit em with a few hard questions and one of two things can happen.

1.They either respond sincere, back up and give a little history as to how they came across the stuff and why it took so long to sign up on this or any buick board.

2.They get nasty, show some immaturity and or just plain slip up.. that alone just may allow others to read into it and move on to the next thread.

Now if the latter happens and lets say, so and so still makes a deal and gets burned then crys about it...well oh friggun well... all the signs were there and they turned left.

I poked a stick at that guys thread and he came back with "oh im an expert" ive tuned for the best...im thinkin whats your name then?, Cal and Otto are tuning experts and they offer advice and help all the time. where's this genius been hiding?

he has full rear clip NO RUST but he then comes back to me and exclaims
"no where in that thread did i say rust free"

Ok so No rust and Rust free are two separate things?

He sure didnt want to release the VIN, liken it to bank account or CC.. I see VINS here all the time...anyone want to run my VIN?

I was interested in a part but I am leary and if they come back like a pompous azz then damn right I'll keep my money.

You want to be the guy to interrogate each individual member who puts up a new thread in the parts for sale section? Are you really going to ask each member where they got all their parts and why they are selling, common man, get real :)

GO RIGHT AHEAD and start asking each guy.... see where that gets you lol :)

Its a second job trying to weed out the bad guys, at least it used to be a huge burden dealing with all the low lifes screwing people on the site.

I see a handful of people that screws it up for everyone else, not every newbie or senior member are here to do bad things to other members.

This place would be horrible if anyone tried to post a part for sale and had to go thru a fraternity hazing or the white glove inspection before being able to sell a 10.00 part.

BW

Ok,let me try an explain what im trying to say,i put a post up in the for sale section and the only way i can sell them would be if TurboBuRick and an other member would say that they can yacth for me that the parts are the way its listed in my post.I hope that made some sense.

as long as he yacth on you...i wouldnt see a problem.

VOUCH...there is no reason i should know that except for the fact that i know how you think now.

i kinda like the buddy system idea though...sure makes a person easy to get hold of.

You want to be the guy to interrogate each individual member who puts up a new thread in the parts for sale section? Are you really going to ask each member where they got all their parts and why they are selling, common man, get real :)

GO RIGHT AHEAD and start asking each guy.... see where that gets you lol :)

This place would be horrible if anyone tried to post a part for sale and had to go thru a fraternity hazing or the white glove inspection before being able to sell a 10.00 part.

BW

Not my job to moderate. Bryan other boards with half the traffic seem to scrutinize new sellers. but maybe because their moderators watch out for it.. They have to be doing something different? maybe if being prikks chases the riftraft to ebay then so be it.
lot of folks on this board either in public or in PM feels something should be done and the "buyer beware" some feel is just a cop out.

No its not on TB.com's back but there have been some good suggestions.
Will a form that pops up when new members sign up asking them to fill information out help?.. sponser?

Bryan IM not claiming to have any answers or great suggestions or any suggestions.. just thinking out loud so dont beat me up over it.

but were also not talking about 10 dollar parts, we could be talking about a TR that got stolen one week and the next its on here in pieces for sale by some schmuck with 5 or 6 posts.

I was interested in a part but once i seen guy had 3 posts I got leary and the more i read into his thread and picked it apart, I had the right to ask and with his response, I wouldnt have done bizz with him if he offered free shipping for a month.

I would rather have a discussion about this then go into the Political forum and read all the garbage about Washington DC or if Jesus brushed his teeth.

I just dont have all the free time to make sure everything goes perfectly in the sale section. It should be up to the buyer to make the final decision if its a good one or a bad one its not up to me.

I wasnt trying to beat you up, but you have to understand from my side and other mods here, going over everyone with a white glove is too much time.

We could just close the entire for sale and wanted section and never have this issue again :)

Look at this thread, http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/306777-th-downpipe.html

A member puts up a part for sale and since he has a low post number, already someone is stirring up that he might be a bad seller.

Thats something that i would like to avoid.

Later
BW

Not my job to moderate. Bryan other boards with half the traffic seem to scrutinize new sellers. but maybe because their moderators watch out for it.. They have to be doing something different? maybe if being prikks chases the riftraft to ebay then so be it.
lot of folks on this board either in public or in PM feels something should be done and the "buyer beware" some feel is just a cop out.

No its not on TB.com's back but there have been some good suggestions.
Will a form that pops up when new members sign up asking them to fill information out help?.. sponser?

Bryan IM not claiming to have any answers or great suggestions or any suggestions.. just thinking out loud so dont beat me up over it.

but were also not talking about 10 dollar parts, we could be talking about a TR that got stolen one week and the next its on here in pieces for sale by some schmuck with 5 or 6 posts.

I was interested in a part but once i seen guy had 3 posts I got leary and the more i read into his thread and picked it apart, I had the right to ask and with his response, I wouldnt have done bizz with him if he offered free shipping for a month.

I would rather have a discussion about this then go into the Political forum and read all the garbage about Washington DC or if Jesus brushed his teeth.

I just dont have all the free time to make sure everything goes perfectly in the sale section. It should be up to the buyer to make the final decision if its a good one or a bad one its not up to me.

I wasnt trying to beat you up, but you have to understand from my side and other mods here, going over everyone with a white glove is too much time.

We could just close the entire for sale and wanted section and never have this issue again :)

Look at this thread, http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/306777-th-downpipe.html

A member puts up a part for sale and since he has a low post number, already someone is stirring up that he might be a bad seller.

Thats something that i would like to avoid.

Later
BW

Well you said you dont have the time...others seem to be making the time and there might be more of it:eek:, IM not stirring the pot in no way shape or form.. i dont have the time to PM guys and conspire to do so nor would I...Nor do I bounce onto threads just to harrass I was looking for a part, a few weeks ago I was thinking about getting another rear end to build and asked a guy on thread and I asked him a tough question. but folks are getting fed up with the bad apples and lack of trust... oh for the good old days when you could leave your door unlocked

I dont agree with Charlies assessment of the guys thread, the guy selling has been on for a yr with 60 some posts.. does it make it safe? no but maybe no sales over such and such amount untill trader rating of ?? it should be mandatory to post pics on the board.

how ya like my shirt designs for the contest?...im trying to give as many options as i can since no one else has entered...yet:wink: