Has anyone used a turbo from Buick on sbc/bbc

buddy

im picking up a 454 longblock from my cousin this week for a future project (hopefully 70-73 camaro). I see all these stock turbos selling for cheap on the board, thought it would be cool to fab a set of headers for the turbo and have something pretty cool. Has anyone on the board tried this before?

Maybe one stock turbo on each bank?
I know it's all about matching airflow to the turbo or turbos.
It seems an engine almost twice the size would need a turbo almost twice the size or twice as many.

Sadly, that's as far as my logic takes me.

It sounds like a cool project. Good luck.

Stock turbo is too small for a 454 it cant move enough air, you would need around a 74mm in a 4-bolt, that would net you good Hp numbers on just 8psi..

Funny you bring this up.

I ran into this idiot once at a car show. The second I saw him walking up I could tell he was going to start talking crap. He started asking questions about my set up and was throwing digs about how our cars were actually nothing but hype and how our equipment was all undersized and outdated. I asked him to elaborate. Then he told me that Buick shouldn't even have bothered with such a small turbo paired up with such a weak engine.

Of course, he was some young punk that I wanted to smack in his face, and he clearly had no technical knowledge what so ever. But he proved he was totally retarded when he told me that he tried putting a Grand National turbo on a small block once and "it was so small that it made boost at idle!"

I mean, can you believe how f*cking stupid this kid was? I couldn't even explain why this was impossible to him. He just kept telling me it was true. And at this point I realized he was completely brain dead bullshitting retard.

My God! Where do people like this come from?